Rhea's Protege - Cover

Rhea's Protege

Copyright© 2012 by John D

Chapter 3

"What do you mean, he might ask you out?" Emily enquired. "Either he has, or he hasn't."

"Yeah well ... just something he said last night on the beach and as we walked back."

"He was slimy."

Paula scowled. "He wasn't slimy. He was nice. Just like..."

"He is nothing like Andy. He was staring at your bottom as you came inside. Andy never did that." Emily paused for a few moments and then grinned. "Although you spent so much time in his room I bet you just showed it to him."

Paula scoffed. "We didn't. I keep telling you, I hardly did anything with Andy. Although, I have started to wonder why." Emily watched as Paula straightened her hair and smiled at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a long, blue dress and had been liberal in her make-up.

Emily cocked her head to one side. "Need any condoms?"

"No I do not need any condoms," Paula snapped. "I am not going to go and lose my ... well we aren't doing that. He's not even asked me out. We are just meeting for a coffee in town." Emily's eyebrows raised a few notches, and she crossed her arms, swinging on the bathroom door as Paula assessed her appearance. "And I've been in old clothes in the restaurant yesterday and wanted to wear something nice today."

"Oh ... right. That will explain the make-up and the trowel," Emily joked, and Paula took a deep breath.

"Ahh ... and why weren't you at school on Friday?"

"Ahh, I did go to school," Emily snapped, and Paula smiled at her.

"That's not what I asked, I know you went, but you didn't stay." Emily's eyes narrowed as Paula glared at her. "I put a smear of boot polish on the spring at the back of your door when I went out. You opened your bedroom door between me leaving the house and me getting home at three." Emily threw her arms out in annoyance at her big sister and wiped her face.

"Just ... why?"

"You need to go to school," Paula demanded. "Mum and Dad will find out, and they won't be happy."

"Yeah, whatever!" Emily snorted, and Paula picked up her handbag on the side of the bath.

"I'll see you later," Paula told her, and Emily swung the door out of her sister's way.

"Yeah, don't do anyone I wouldn't do," her little sister teased and Paula gave her a wave.

The short walk down the small hill to the beach and the promenade took her a little longer, given her footwear consisted of heels rather than flat soles, but she pushed open the door to the café, only a few minutes late.

Neil was sat at a table on his own and gestured towards her. Paula strode over, and Neil unexpectedly embraced her, putting his hands down her back to sit on the small of her back. "I thought I was going to be stood up," he teased and held the chair out for her to sit down. "Cappuccino? Coffee? Tea? Lemonade?"

"Lemonade would be great," Paula replied and fished in her purse for some change, but Neil bought the drink for her and sat down opposite.

"You look wonderful," Paula was told and the blonde girl blushed. She muttered a thank you, but Neil smiled at her, wrapping his hands around his cold drink. "I mean, you always look beautiful, but your hair is so ... fantastic."

Neil licked his lips and stretched in the chair. "What've you been up to?"

"Boats. Been cleaning them at my Uncle's place. He needs a hand, but I'm doing bar work later." He gestured towards the dirty jeans he was wearing and stained T-Shirt. "I wouldn't normally be so filthy, but I'm on my way back to the pub."

Paula listened and started asking Neil questions; he was a little evasive on some of them, especially on the subject of ex-girlfriends, but Paula learnt a lot about the young man who was charming her.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.