The Magic of Life
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2012 by Invid Fan

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 3 - That life is magical is well known. That life is the SOURCE of magic, less so, and those who practice the dark and light arts hold their secrets dear. Apprentice witch Wendy wanted entry to that world. Wanted… power. Magic. May the Goddess forgive her…

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   Ma/ft   Consensual   Magic   Fiction   First   Oral Sex   Masturbation  

Sam woke early, as was her habit. Her entire body usually turned off the moment her head hit the pillow, and turned on again just before the sun began to peek over the horizon. This occasionally was a problem, her family having learned long ago not to put her anywhere near a pillow until absolutely necessary. The getting up part never caused a problem ... unless you counted her sister's anger at having it compared to her lateness in waking.

Maybe all that extra beauty sleep was what had made Polly, well ... Polly.

Sam, as she always did of late, began her day taking in her surroundings from the bed. They were in the room at the inn, thick wooden beams in the darkness overhead. Polly was next to her, curled on her side. They almost never crossed over into the other sister's territory when sleeping together, the waking truce extending into their nocturnal state. Another bed sat not that far away, snoring coming from the large lump.

Snoring. That was another thing Sam wished she could do. Dad snored, she didn't. It wasn't fair.

Eyes on the other bed, Samantha slowly stretched her limbs, getting ready. That he was snoring was a good sign. Maybe, today, she could...

With no interruption in the sound, two eyes opened in the darkness across from her. Sam grinned. She might wake early, but Dad was the lightest sleeper in the world. The eyes closed again, her father seeming to snuggle even more under the blankets now that the source of whatever had woken him was identified. With no further need of stealth, the covers came off and her nude body slipped out of the bed onto the cold floor. It was time to start the day.


The cloths hanging near the common room fireplace were not quite dry, but neither were they soaking wet. If today was rain free, just hanging them inside the wagon would probably finish the job as they continued onward. Which was good. Sam did not have that many good outfits, which in her case meant simple and unripped. She may not be into finery, but she did like her clothing clean.

At the start of the day, at least.

Seeing no one about, Sam ambled through the dim firelight towards the tavern's front door. She had on a simple pull over shirt, white with only one or two faded stains, with a pair of old tough pants. Her sandals were still damp, so she had forgone any footwear. Her feet were so tough she wasn't even thinking about splinters from the wooden floor. She could see, though the windows, just the hint of light. Dawn was breaking.

Stepping through the doorway, she was met with the rattling of wooden wheels over the stone plaza. Two horses pulled an empty cargo wagon past the central well, its burly driver nodding to her as he passed. She smiled in return, eyes taking in the small village. The sounds of morning life, familiar the world over, came to her. The blacksmith was already at work, trying to beat the day's heat. At the far end of the town, a group of men trudged through the wooden gate towards the fields. She could hear women, gossiping, as they began their day. She may have grown up in, been raised in the city, but ... this, this spoke to her. She would never be a farmer, no, nor a farmer's wife. But, the life of a small town, or traveling from town to town ... it was wrong to be glad of her father's, and sister's, misfortune, but through it she had discovered her true calling.

Movement caught the corner of her eye. Turning, Sam saw Jack sitting on a wooden bench.

She had also discovered him.

"Morning."

Sam hoped that came out OK. She felt so ... nervous around him. She had no idea why. The look he returned was serious. The smile of yesterday nowhere to be seen. He nodded, then looked back at his feet. Jack was holding a thin stick, making marks in the dirt. The paving did not quite reach the building, leaving a few feet of ground. Looking around, to see if anyone was watching, although why would that matter she couldn't have said, she sat down next to him. Jack was wearing the clothing they had given him last night, cloth trousers a bit too big and an un-mended blue shirt. His blond hair was a mess, showing he had gone to bed with it wet. Maybe she should get a comb from Polly...

"You sleep OK?"

He shrugged. Looking around, she found another stick. Rather than bend over, she extended a leg, using her toes to grab the slender item and bring it back towards her. Lifting the foot up, she snagged the stick. Jack's eyes were on her, that smile almost peaking through whatever was bothering him. Feeling a blush coming, she began to draw.

"Dad will be up in a little bit. We'll get you some clothing that fits, then go on. Can't see us staying here too long. Especially after those bandits. Dad doesn't like sticking around after things like that."

He nodded.

Sam glanced down at Jack's feet. They were bare, like hers. Shoes of some kind would also have to be on the shopping list. He was drawing ... there were letters. Her eyes shot up to his face, then back down. She wasn't a GOOD reader. Mom had taught Polly, but had been gone before Samantha was of age. Money for tutors had been better used elsewhere. Polly had done her best to teach Sam, but ... well, other things had interested her more.

She now had all the incentive in the world to resume those lessons.

'No' was the first word. She knew that one. There was a wide space, then ... it looked like a letter W. Or was that an upside down M? Wait, was a W an upside down M? That was right, wasn't it? As she watched, Jack circled it a few times. He seemed to be struggling. Almost as if ... was he having trouble writing this? Maybe he wasn't much better at writing than she was.

His blue eyes turned to the sky above them. She followed his gaze. The stars were gone, the sky a dark blue slowly lightening. The stick, she saw, was still moving, even as his mind seemed to be elsewhere. It was making ... well, not straight lines. You don't get those when you're not watching what you're doing. There was a wavy cross, a couple random curves, then another cross...

Wait. Those were ... the letter T? The T was like a cross, yes? And those other things ... That was an R, the wavy thing was an S...

'Trust'.

'No Trust W'.

The door beside her began to open. The dirt writing vanished as Jack's stick began a flurry of movement, random swirls and scrapes.


Wendy stepped into the morning air. It was ... strange. She had spent the last year (or had it been two?) underground in her Mistress's caves. They had been nice caves, to be sure, dry, warm, and not THAT dirty once she had been forced to scrub them on hands and knees. She had ... liked it. Felt protected. The outside world could be forgotten, all her being focused on the years of training to come.

Now she was in that outside world.

Exposed.

"Good morning, Wendy."

The tomboy was sitting on a bench next to Jack. They had sticks in their hands, the dirt between their bare feet full of random scratches. She was glad to see Jack here. There had been a moments fear when she had woken that he had escaped, that the spell only bound his magic and not his body. But, no, it seemed that, by whatever bond had been created, she had not lost her new found book. Wendy smiled at the two.

"Good morning. Have a good night's sleep?"

Jack's eyes flicked to her, hatred shining out through the morning air, then looked away. She'd have to teach him to like her. Like a dog could be made to respect his master. She was a good person, after all.

"I sleep like a log. Or a rock." Samantha seemed proud of that fact. Wendy just shook her head at the girl.

"That's good." Her eyes took in the town. It was small, dirty. Peasants. That her parents were of such stock made it worse. There was a reason she had wanted magic, and it wasn't so she could be someplace like this. Even a cave was better. "So, we're leaving this morning?"

"After food and shopping."

Well, Wendy couldn't object to either of those.


The three teens watched for the next half hour as wagons and carts began to slowly enter the plaza. Whether the rain had by common consent delayed things, or this village had decided to be different, it appeared the mid-week market was setting up a day later than elsewhere in the world. This worked out well for the travelers, naturally. As stalls began to form, they retreated inside to join their now woken companions. The owner of the tavern, a large woman with disturbing similarities to Wendy's own mother, served a breakfast of leftover stew and fresh bread. Wendy ate hungrily. Last night had drained her, much more so than she would have thought. Jake ate well, too. That was good. He was much too skinny.

Samantha made a quick run out to the stable, reporting the horses were fed, watered, and ready to go. Gary put a hand out to ruffle her hair.

"Good. I want to get out of here soon, so we have to shop quickly." His eyes focused on Polly. "And I mean, quickly."

She let out a sigh, which to Wendy sounded a bit spoiled. To the girl's surprise, Polly stepped over and took her hand.

"Come on, we have to do this quick." She began pulling the dark skinned redhead towards the door while looking back at her dad. "We'll look at herbs, then meet you at the tailor's. I already took money from your sack."

They were out the door before Wendy could hear any reply.


Wendy was dragged half way across the plaza before Polly released her hand. The young woman had stopped. Taking a deep breath, she seemed to shudder. Wendy just watched, unsure what to make of this. Breathing out a long sigh, Polly looked over at her.

"God. You don't know what a relief it is to be away from them for a little bit. They've been ... well, it's not like I've been a prisoner or anything, but they haven't let me out of their sight ever since..."

Wendy waited, but Polly didn't go on. Instead, the woman looked around.

"OK, what do you think. Should we try one of the sellers setting up now, or go wake up whatever merchant has an actual store in this village?"

Wendy turned her body a full rotation, taking in the options. About a dozen sellers could now be seen arranging their wares. There might be more outside the walls: they had learned the night before that the town actually extended out along the road on the side opposite where they entered. Those buildings would be less permanent, designed to be abandoned at the first sign of trouble, but that mattered not now.

Her eyes caught sight of a woman sitting next to a two wheeled hand cart. Various herbs, roots, and plants were displayed around her, both dry and fresh. Just what Polly said she needed. The woman, though...

There was no dress code for witches, or warlocks. To advertise outwardly could be a foolish thing among strangers, and magic often worked best when done in the shadows. To Wendy, though, the seller had the signs of one who had practiced. Just being one who sold such plants was one clue, although most who did so probably were more likely to be harmless nature worshipers. This one, though, had cast a glance at Polly. A glance that seemed to ... see the faint pink glow of magic radiating from the unborn child.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.