The Assignment
Chapter 7

Copyright© 2012 by Pappy

We had finally closed on the former 'Hotel', now our compound. It should not have been so difficult a thing except some fools got a bit excited. The tax man, you know about them right, the same group that their leader is now on trial, well paying cash for a hotel to them could only mean money was owed too. First, we got a letter, three actually, claiming Ingrid, Lea and Ashanti owed back taxes for the past five years.

I wondered how slaves in Morocco, during that time, could owe US taxes, but hey, you know those, hard sleeping, coffee and donut eating wonders are never wrong, right? After calling about a dozen toll-free numbers where no live person would ever answer, I called Bianca for some help. I told her, "Four Mangos, six Papaya and a dozen pineapples if you can fix this for us, I give up!" She laughed.

The Great State of Hawaii was next. We got another letter, this time demanding all construction stop, immediately. The beach and Hotel were not areas where 'new' construction would be allowed. Since John had paid for this and our little corporation, 'Island Charters', now owned it I would let his people handle it. They did.

We were about ready to leave our accommodations at Kapaluana for the new home. Our living part was done; just the amenities, compound walls and extra living quarters were not all finished. We got a very welcomed call. Kevin and Laura were getting married. It took a few seconds to tell them their honeymoon here was all arranged. Tickets and transportation would await them and I would explain a few things once they got to Maui. Their next words were not exactly what I expected.

"What about Cindy and Rachel?"

'Oh man, Oh man! Now what?' I thought.

"I need to check on something Kev; I'll get right back to you, OK?"

I came up with the perfect answer, maybe. I would have Myra or Bianca call back and say I had gone swimming and been eaten by a shark! They would believe that, no?

The alternative was to do the man thing and ask my wives for the solution.

I went into the suites, head held low and shuffled onto the sofa.

"What wrong, husband?" from Ashanti.

"I have a problem!"

All my wives plus Cil started to gather around me now.

"Give!" Came out in stereo.

"Can we do anything with two more girls? Slaves in-training maybe?" I went on to try to explain what I had done.

I did not think this was that humorous a situation. None of my wives would stop laughing. Cil had to call Kevin back and tell him that 'other' arrangements were made for Cindy and Rachel. That he and Laura should take over my house there and that the girls could live with us on Maui if they wanted. The screams in the background made any doubts from them vanish. Both girls came to the phone as Cil explained to them what might happen. Then she handed me the phone, telling the girls to "Hold on a sec!"

"It's me! Please join us here? I miss you both! I love you!" That was about all I could say. I could hardly say any more right now. Hands, tears and kisses from my wives made what had just happened complete.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.