No Future
Chapter 74: Promised Land

Copyright© 2012 by Bradley Stoke

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 74: Promised Land - This is a future history of England over the Twenty-First Century and into the next. It is a multi-threaded narrative that travels from place-to-place, succeeds from year-to-year, and passes from one person to another. England's green and pleasant land is visited by famine, plague, war and pestilence. Governments come and go. The ocean levels inexorably rise. International relations worsen. And the English people stumble through the chaos as best they can. Who said there was No Future?

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/Ma   Lesbian   Swinging   Orgy   Interracial   Black Female   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Prostitution  

Alex

2035

"My people will never be held ransom by its neighbours," said Tabitha as she sprawled beside Alex on his roomy double bed.

Alex glanced towards the television that was burbling on in the background as it had been for the whole time that he and his fellow senior executive director were enjoying the pleasures of one another's luxuriant flesh and stomach bulges that was the inevitable penalty of too many business lunches. The news story was about the stand-off in the Korean peninsula between the belligerent North and the ever conciliatory South.

"Your people?" asked Alex, who was somewhat puzzled by Tabitha's statement. What had this to with the staff in the Strategy Division of which she was director?

"Israel," said Tabitha.

"Israel?" wondered Alex. "What's that got to do with anything?"

"Fuck sake, Alex," said Tabitha with obvious irritation. "It's got everything to do with almost everything you can think of." She returned Alex's bewildered expression with something that approximated to understanding pity. "You really don't get it, do you?"

"Get what?"

"Did you even know I was an Israeli citizen?" she asked.

"No, I didn't," said Alex who'd never once thought about it.

"Well, that figures," said Tabitha. "You really don't pay any attention, do you? I'd have thought it was obvious."

"I never think about people's nationalities," said Alex. Although this wasn't always absolutely true, it was certainly so with regards to Tabitha. In fact, until very recently Alex hadn't thought much about Tabitha at all.

She was a relatively new member of Talpha Apps' executive board and Alex was taken as much unawares as everyone else by her rapid rise in status in the organisation. Within a few months of not having achieved much of demonstrable value she now boasted a salary that wasn't far short of Alex's and had gained the respect of the rest of the board; although this was more for her decisiveness and energy than her professional expertise. She'd recognised that Alex as a potential kindred spirit and without doubt as a man who couldn't resist the tempting offer of a fuck when it came his way.

Tabitha was almost certainly the oldest woman Alex had ever had sex with although, depressingly, she wasn't actually very much older than him. Nonetheless, of the two of them she was the one who'd made the better job at concealing the ravages of the passing years. While Alex's paunch was now too obvious to hide under a belt hoisted up high and the bald spot on his crown was too large to be hidden under a discreet comb-over, Tabitha had compensated for the increasing kilograms of flesh with expensive pedicures, sympathetic skin therapy and a subtle and intelligent use of make-up. She was now encouraging Alex to take that long-resisted step of taking advantage of his executive gym membership. After all, it cost the company a fortune just to keep renewing it for him.

"I was born an Israeli citizen," said Tabitha. "I did my military service after graduating. I'm proud to hold an Israeli passport. And I can tell you that if we were pushed around by the Syrians, the Jordanians, the Lebanese, or—God help us all—the Palestinians in anything like the way the North Koreans do their southern neighbours there'd be a smell of burning flesh from one end of the Middle East to the other. It's because Israel never compromises, never stands down, never shows weakness, that we remain strong and why we shall never be in the same sorry state as South Korea."

Alex wasn't the sort of man who'd expend effort on an argument he knew he could never win. It was obvious that Tabitha would countenance no difference of opinion, although Alex had known many people, most of them women, who expressed rather more sympathy for the Palestinians whose houses were bulldozered and whose cities were bombed than for an Israel bristling with nukes. However, he couldn't resist mentioning how much the military support from the United States was critical to Israel's survival.

"That is a typical Anglo-Saxon opinion," Tabitha almost spat out in defiance. "It's the opinion that the guilt and shame of allowing the Holocaust to happen was the sole reason for the foundation of the State of Israel. It's an opinion that belittles the achievements of a proud nation united by race and religion on the pretence that it's secured entirely by American money and American votes. Even when America falls, Israel will stand tall. It is our destiny. It can never be otherwise."

Alex still wasn't sure how much or whether at all he would benefit from having a relationship with a work colleague, especially one as senior as Tabitha. It was less difficult to see how Tabitha might benefit from a relationship with him. It did her no harm at all to embed herself in a position with regards to the rest of the Executive Board from which it would be impossible to dislodge her. It would also benefit her if her relationship resulted in marriage. It would double her disposable wealth more or less at a stroke. And it would be even more to her benefit if she later became the wronged partner in a subsequent divorce. But despite knowing this, Alex wasn't a man who could easily turn down an opportunity for sex even with a lover as formidable as Tabitha.

Alex was drawn to the very thing that also most troubled him about having a relationship with a woman who was his social equal on so many levels. His relationships in the last couple of years had been a series of short liaisons with much younger women who were totally unsuitable as long-term partners. In most cases these relationships were predicated pretty much on exchanging sex for money and status, so they weren't too unlike using the services of prostitutes that since Alex no longer had any difficulty in affording he was also more often tempted by. At least a relationship with Tabitha wasn't compromised by disparities of age and income that were too obvious.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.