A Mages Chronicle - Cover

A Mages Chronicle

Copyright© 2012 by DragonBlood

Glossary

It's pretty difficult for me to keep the meanings of various terms straight in my head so I'd hate to put you through a similar torture. So for your browsing pleasure I have composed a Glossary of sorts that will explain all sorts of terms to do with magic.

Enjoy!

Magic – A powerful force that is generated by living things and can be used to bend and break most laws of reality.

Celestial Magic – This is a type of Magic used by anyone who has a certain amount of angel blood in them or has pledged themselves to the light and comes with an affinity for Life Magic.

Chaos Magic – This is a type of Magic used by anyone who has either a Nithling in their family or has used a ritual to devote themselves to Chaos. This type of Magic gives the user a greater affinity for Conjuration.

Dark Magic – This is a type of Magic used by anyone who has a demon in their family, has pledged themselves to a demon or used a Dark empowerment ritual. This Magic gives the user an inherent advantage with the Death school as well as lesser advantages with Evocation, Warding and Mind Schools. Considered to be the most powerful type of Magic dark Magic does however come with a stigma of being Evil.

Mage – A practitioner of Magic. Anyone who uses Magic is a Mage.

Sorceror – A practitioner of Magic who can use Chaos Magic.

Witch/Wizard – A practitioner of Magic who can use Dark Magic.

Cleric – A practitioner of Magic who can use Celestial Magic.

Seer – Someone who has a natural clairvoyant gift.

Magical Schools – A school is a particular variety of Magic and there are ten commonly agreed upon schools. They can also be called arts. Mages often affinities for specific schools.

Life – A school of Magic that deals living things. It includes the ability to heal or change parts of any living thing including; plants, animals, people and magical creatures.

Death – A school of Magic that deals with the dead. Often called Necromancy or the Dark Arts Death Magic is used to communicate or summon spirits from beyond the grave as well as other effects such as casting curses.

Mind – A school of Magic that is used to influence the way a person perceives the world around them. This school can be used to do anything from reading a persons mind to making them see things that aren't actually there.

Evocation – A school of Magic used to call forth the elements which can then be manipulated for various purposes. This is the least structured school as Evocation is an art that responds to will alone, though spells can be used to short cut the process.

Conjuration – A school of Magic that focuses with making something from nothing. This is considered to be the most difficult school to master as it requires significant power, focus and time to do.

Prologue »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.