Bill Sutherland. 6 in STOPWATCH - Cover

Bill Sutherland. 6 in STOPWATCH

Copyright© 2012 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 6: Oh shit! I forgot about PayPal

Mrs. Fox bundled me up in a blanket ... took me across the street just as Mina, Megan and Carl were loading up in Mina's jeep. Good ... DD wasn't with them ... I could grovel with only one witness.

"I'll rustle you up some clothes." I heard Mrs. Fox say that and she headed up stairs.

DD was on her bed in the living room. For a slave ... MY slave ... she was pretty damn mouthy ... but, she had a point. I was a inconsiderate asshole. I dropped to my knees and knee walked over to her bed. She was having a toasted bologna and cheese sandwich ... it smelled wonderful. My stomach didn't growl ... it Barked.

"I'm sorry, DD. I've been acting like a six year old." SNIFF SNIFF Colby Jack!

"Nope ... Terrible Two is more like it. How could you..." she stopped. "I shouldn't have sent you to THAT store ... I know the K's have all worked there."

"DD, you didn't send me to that store ... it was the first one on the way and I knew you didn't shop there. I was mad at Mina for making me stay and take care of you."

There came a clatter on the stairs.

"Here you ... get dressed." Mrs. Fox tossed me some underwear, jeans, flannel shirt and wool socks. I HATE wool socks but I pulled them on and dressed while Mrs. Fox chatted with DD. Sox, tidy-whities? I put them on anyway. I HATE tidy-whities as bad as wool socks ... there's no 'ballroom', can't stand it. Jeans ... oh shit ... last years jeans. How long has it been since I did laundry? Flannel shirt ... and snow boots ... how uncool is that?"

"Bill, your half of the room is a disaster and you ARE going to clean it as soon as we get back from checking your hopefully NOT drippy equipment out. Go get in the car."

I'd almost made it out the door when, "Bill, get your ass back here ... right here."

"Yes, Ma'am."

"William Sutherland ... Bill? Do you have a middle name?"

"Yes, Ma'am, but I'm NOT telling you ... the last thing I need is to have a surrogate mother dressing me down like a drill sergeant."

"William."

Oh God ... the threat embodied in the name...

"George!" I blurted out. "It's William George Sutherland, Ma'am." I almost saluted. I felt I should though and you could tell Laurel ... Mrs. Fox expected it.

She looked at me ... and tracked her eyes to DD ... twice ... I got it.

"DD, can I fluff your pillows ... scratch your back ... get you a glass of water ... anything!"

"Why, yes, William ... take my plate to the kitchen, rinse it and put it in the dishwasher."

There was a humongous pause and a 'please.'

"Yes ma'am." DD is ma'am ... Mrs. Fox is Ma'am. Can you hear the capital M?

I was sweating now. The plate was rinsed, placed in the dishwasher ... just in case, I got a pitcher of water and brought it out to the bed.

"Thank you, Bill ... I'd rather have a V8" ... and DD broke out laughing.

"Will you two get out of here!" She looked at Mrs. Fox, "Laurel, quit picking on Bill ... he didn't know ... and he did manage to get me Dr Pepper ... and Real Lemon ... in glass ... all he forgot was gas for the Dodge and he's paid for that mistake. Shoo."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.