Bill Sutherland. 6 in STOPWATCH - Cover

Bill Sutherland. 6 in STOPWATCH

Copyright© 2012 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 3

In the morning, Bill didn't know what to do with himself ... so he jacked off. Poor DD, stuck downstairs, gagging for it ... and Bill played with Rosie Palmer and her Five Daughters ... and DD heard him.

She didn't speak to him all day. Except in an official way..."Take out the trash, Bill ... Draw me a bath, Bill ... Flying leap, Bill." and lots more like that. Last but not least, "You're driving me crazy, Bill ... go play in the snow."

Because it had ... snowed. In Texas Panhandle oil country, snow doesn't stay white very long and parking lots bleed through pretty fast if the sun shines ... No donuts in the parking lots. Not that the Dodge was particularly good at cutting sliding circles in the snow. Too heavy and four wheel drive.

"DD, can I borrow the Lexus?"

"No, Bill ... it's signed over to Megan. Bill, you got any money?"

"I don't ... I can go to the bank, though."

"I need eggs, milk and bread." She whispered, "and you're out of beer." Too quiet for Bill to hear, poor boy. Anything to get him out of the house...

"I'll hit the bank," and he almost did ... too fast and late on the brakes ... but he got stopped in time.

You would think that a kid from Ohio would know how to drive on snow.

"Hi Jean."

"Mr. Sutherland. How may I help you?"

"I need some cash ... what's my balance?"

"You have two thousand six hundred thirty-two dollars and twenty-six cents."

"Let me have fifty ... DD needs eggs, milk and bread ... and I need gas."

"Twenty, thirty, forty, forty five, forty-six, seven, eight, nine, and four quarters, makes fifty. Sign here."

"Thanks, Jean."

"DD called."

"What else does she want?"

"I made a list ... she added Dr. Pepper and lemon juice ... and go visit Blind Jasper ... she needs 'cough medicine." Jean passed him the short list and he started to leave.

"Bill? Is Mrs. Fox alright? She took off out of here and almost forgot her coat. I caught her as she was heading out the door."

"Mina is flying her to New Orleans ... Megan needs her. And there's no sense asking me... 'cause I don't know."

Jean pouted, "Oh."

"Well, I know a little 'cause I heard Mrs. Fox say, but she was talking in such a rush I couldn't understand her. Just Megan was in trouble ... and sailboat. didn't make a lick of sense to me."

"Surely that nice Mr. Fox doesn't own a sailboat ... it's not on his assets list." She clapped her hand over her mouth.

"I didn't hear a thing, Jean. Not a thing."

Sometimes, snowy days should have sponsors...

"This Snow Emergency is brought to you by the makers of Butternut Bread, Johnson's Milk and Smith Valley eggs."

... that's because there was one loaf of bread, one gallon of milk and Bill had to go through six dozen eggs to find twelve unbroken ones. There was plenty of two liter Dr. Wells but no Pepper of any size. He bought it. They were ten for five dollars.

Bill hates it when the stores do that ... does it mean that they're fifty cents each if you only buy three or do you have to buy all ten to get the deal? The sticker tag said 10 for $5 but the shelf tag said 87 cents with card. He bought the ten ... even though he knew DD wanted Pepper and the Wells would sit in the garage until hell froze over.

"I hate shopping."

The cashier said she did too. "I always get to the store hungry," she said. "I impulse buy and never get what I really want."

"Me too ... unless I have a list." He waved the paper...

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.