The Tales of Tanitsar
Chapter 15: Pilar

Copyright© 2012 by Argon

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 15: Pilar - This is the story of Macro, Prince and heir to the throne of Tanitsar, and how he ended slavery in his homeland. It is also the story of Thesia, a slave girl who becomes the linchpin for the unfolding events, of Alana, a lonely, unhappy princess who has to hide her disfigured face, of Anais, a freed slave and tactical genius, and of Pilar, Thesia's sister and rival, who is desperate to show her mettle. My first attempt at Fantasy.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Harem   First   Oral Sex  

A week later, Pilar started in her new role as Javila's assistant. In the first weeks Javila mostly used her as a go-between, as a messenger, a pair of young legs attached to a good memory. Pilar did not mind that. She enjoyed the walks between places, and she did not mind the time spent in anterooms waiting to deliver messages. Those waits were never long anyway. As Javila's messenger she had precedence over most other visitors.

Javila arranged for her to have business at the Vice-regent's Palace most noon times, allowing Pilar to take the noon meal with Macro, Thesia, Alana, and Jolia, who all worked there. Jolia, of course, was the Princess Jolia now, married to the Nº 2 in the line of succession, but she still performed her duties as legal advisor to the Vice-regent.

Thesia and Alana were busy completing a compilation of the history of Tanitsar. Out of interest, Eloa visited almost daily, delighting in the study of the old scriptures, a pleasure she'd had to forego for over two decades, with the exception of the four scrolls she had saved from the burning temple of Helas.

When Pilar did not run errands for Javila, she had to familiarise herself with the household staff of the New Palace, study the inventory, and meet most of the merchants who had the privilege of doing business with the Royal Court. That was the easiest part for Pilar. She had tried to learn as much as possible about running a household when she was engaged to the future headman of the silversmiths. The Palace operated on a much larger scale, but her skills came to bear.

The impending wedding of Macro and Anais further added to her work, for Javila and Regula organised the festivities. Once Pilar had shown her dependability and usefulness, Javila delegated many tasks to her, mostly with regard to the festive dinner to be held after the wedding. It was late in the evenings before Pilar could stagger to her bedroom in the New Palace.

The wedding itself was memorable for Pilar. She had a seat among the ranking officers of the realm, far up front and together with her mother. With all the organising, she'd completely forgotten to get appropriate clothing for herself, something that would have never happened to the "old" Pilar. A smiling Eloa had handed her a wonderful dress of blue moleskin that showed off Pilar's light skin and silver hair to utmost advantage. She learned that Javila had ordered the dress, and it made her proud that the Queen, her mentor, had deemed her worthy of such consideration.

From her seat close to the front, Pilar watched as the vows were spoken. She felt a little jealousy, seeing the obvious closeness her sister had with Alana and Anais, a closeness that Pilar had lost after their childhood.

At the wedding dinner, Pilar had little time for such thoughts. She flitted between Javila and the kitchen staff, delivering orders and information. She inspected the foods and wines delivered from outside the palace. She also took it upon herself to reallocate the staff wherever extra help was needed. Her moment of glory came, however, when Macro stood to address the guests. Javila beckoned Pilar to come and stand close to her. Macro thanked his father and Anais' father, he thanked Thesia and Alana for accepting Anais, and he thanked the queens for their efforts. Lastly, he raised his glass and looked at Pilar.

"We also have to thank Princess Thesia's sister, Pilar. As my mother told me, she worked tirelessly to make this celebration a memorable one. Pilar, would you please step up to us?"

With a deep blush, Pilar stood and approached Macro. Thesia stood too, an open box in her hand. From the box, Macro took a thin platinum tiara, studded with rubies and sapphires, and placed it in Pilar's silver hair. It looked nothing less than magnificent. Thesia held her at arm's length.

"Who is beautiful now?" she asked.

Pilar gave her sister an emotional hug. "You are, Thesia, but you make me feel like I might be beautiful too."

"Do you know the meaning of this tiara?" Thesia asked. Pilar shook her head.

"It is the head dress of a Lady in Waiting. This makes you an appointed officer of the court."

Her mouth agape, Pilar looked at her mentor, and Javila nodded benevolently. An incredible feeling of accomplishment warmed Pilar from her core. With hard work and using her natural skills, she had achieved something. Not only the outward recognition symbolised by her appointment, but the approval from the people that counted.

For a brief moment, Pilar remembered how shallow she had been just six months ago. It was almost ironic that being dropped by her fiancé opened up this road for her. Pilar already knew much about the Royal Court. An officer of the court received a salary of one thousand guilders each year. True, the dresses she needed had to come out of that, but her income was still more than Lelis received from his father.

"I will do my best to justify this appointment," she promised, her voice a little unsteady unsteady with the emotion she felt.

"I know you will, Pilar," Thesia answered with a proud smile.

As the evening progressed, the mood in the Great Hall became increasingly joyous. A part of the hall was cleared of tables, and people began to dance to the music of an orchestra hired for the occasion. Macro started with Anais, of course, but he danced with Thesia and Alana too. Odar took each of the queens for a dance while the newly wed Lamas and Jolia had eyes only for each other.

Pilar watched the dance with longing. She had always enjoyed dancing, but she had come to the feast by herself. She stood to the side of the dance floor, swaying gently with the music, when suddenly a tall man stood in front of her.

"Will you dance with me, Worthy Pilar?"

It was the first time somebody addressed her with the "Worthy" prefix to which she was now entitled, and it almost made her giggle. She took in the appearance of the man in front of her and corrected her first impression. He was not overly tall, but his posture made him look that way. She knew him from somewhere.

"We met in Hanilei last summer when you were engaged to Lelis. I am Trebo, Tergus's son."

Now, Pilar recognised him. He was living in Hanilei to make friends and contacts among the merchants and guilds. His father was Tergus, the Chief Envoy, and a great admirer of all things in Hanilei. If she remembered correctly, Trebo had fit right in with the sons of the rich merchants. Now he had obviously returned to Tanitsar.

She nodded graciously and offered her hand. Trebo led her to the dance floor. He was a good dancer, leading her effortlessly, and she enjoyed the dance.

"Did you return from Hanilei for good?" she asked while they glided over the floor.

"Only for a brief visit. It is a sacrifice to live here. By the way, Lelis sends his greetings."

Pilar raised her eyebrows. "He does?"

"Oh, he hasn't forgotten you. He is still hurting from the enforced split."

"It was he who broke the engagement," Pilar answered with barely concealed anger. To her surprise, the slight still barbed her.

"Ah yes, but he had to. He's trying to fix things, though. That's why I'm here. You see, if he could argue that you are serving Hanilei, he might be able to persuade his father to accept you again."

Pilar's first reaction was amusement. She had just been appointed an Officer of the Royal Court, she was the confidante of a queen, and her own sister was a future queen. Still, Lelis thought that she pined over the broken engagement and wanted him back? She did not show that amusement, though. Her mind worked quickly, sharpened by the months under Javila's tutorship.

"What service can I render that could sway Lelis's father?" she rather asked.

"The Eldermen are deeply concerned over the rift in the relations with Tanitsar. They want to reconcile with the King and his son. It would help them greatly if somebody on the inside would give them news of how their proposals are discussed within the royal family, who opposes reconciliation for what reasons and who is for it."

"I am not on the Crown Council," Pilar temporised. "And would that not be treason? Why not ask your father?"

"I know my father's mind, but he does not speak about what goes on behind closed doors. Nor do we ask you to commit treason. As you say, you are not on the Council. No, we'd just like to hear the gossip from the Royal Court, the mood, things that are not confidential. It would be good for both countries. Without Hanilei, Tanitsar will soon wither away."

Again, Pilar did not show her amusement. If anything, the revenue from the mines and from the new smelting ovens was exceeding the earnings of the ore trade in the years past. She shrugged.

"I can keep my ears open. To whom do I pass this information?"

"Write letters to me through my father. I shall return to Hanilei shortly. Letters and non-contraband goods are still shipped. Keep your ears open. In two weeks the Eldermen will send a compromise proposal to resolve the quarrel. You give us reliable information and I may yet see you as Lelis's wife!"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.