Ghost Stories - Cover

Ghost Stories

Copyright© 2012 by sonyaesperanto

Chapter 16

Gabriella landed on the floor, along with her stool. She tried controlling herself from screaming and even hoped that the ghost didn't hear anything from this side of the door.

Gabriella panicked.

Gabriella: (in her thoughts) It's the ghost!! She knows I live here!!

Gabriella was so scared that she turned off the TV and crept all the way towards her bedroom, closing the door as silently as she could and locking it. She did not want the ghost to hear her every move.

She heard the door bell ringing for a second time. She dared not open it. She just climbed over her bed, covering her ears and praying for her mom and sisters to return as quickly as possible.

As she prayed for their return and for the ghost to go away, she closed her eyes, trying to think of happy thoughts.

Eventually Gabriella dozed off.

Then she woke up. She heard her mom banging very hard on her bedroom door.

(V.O): Gabriella!! Wake up!! Gabriella are you in there sleeping??

Gabriella was excited, shouting back.

Gabriella: Mom is that you??

Jessica: No it's Jessica!!

Gabriella got up from the bed and opened her bedroom door. She saw Jessica looking puzzled.

Gabriella was so happy to see her oldest sister, that she hugged her.

Gabriella: I love you Jessica!!

Jessica hugged back lovingly.

Jessica: I love you too baby sister!! But why are you alone here?? Where's mom?

The front door opened again.

Maria: Anyone home?

Gabriella told her sisters that their mom had to leave and said she would be back three hours from the time she had left.

Gabriella's mom eventually retuned somewhere after midnight.

On the bright side, Gabriella's bedroom was also Maria's bedroom. That meant she did not sleep alone.

But that night she dreamt that she was being chased by the pale woman, all over The Wild Coyote Condominium. It was night and foggy. She called out for help but there is no one there.

And she kept on hearing the pale woman calling out to her.

The pale woman: Gabriella, I'm coming to get you!!

As Gabriella kept on running, she finally stopped by the playground, by the swings. As the fog swirled all around her, she felt a strong hand gripping her arm. She was being forced to turn around to see her assailant.

It was the pale woman. The pale woman was giving her broadest smile towards Gabriella.

The pale woman: I want your life Gabriella!!!

Gabriella woke up sweating. Although she heard her heart beating really fast, she was glad that she was safe in her bedroom and that Maria was sleeping on the other bed. She got up and went over to Maria's bed, tugging her sister to wake up. Maria woke up a bit.

Maria: (tired) Hey Gabe, what's the matter?

Gabriella: Can I sleep with you tonight?

Maria: What's the matter? Had a bad dream!!

Gabriella: Yeah!!

Maria lifted her blanket and let her baby sister sleep with her on her bed.

Since that night, Gabriella had not bumped anymore into the pale woman, for at least four weeks.

On Saturday evening of the fifth week, Gabriella was going to learn the horrible truth.

Gabriella's parents, along some other parents from Block A threw a small fiesta by the swimming pool. They were grilling barbeque. Some of the kids were swimming by the pool and some of the adults were even drinking by the bar.

The lampposts around the condominium were turned on, including over the playground. Gabriella and Lena were sat down on the swings while Daniel and John were sat down on the seesaw.

While John and Daniel were moving up-and-down on the seesaw, Kira was talking to them.

Gabriella was sat down on the swing for a while, as she was not in the mood to play with anyone. Later she was going to go back to the pool and get free barbeque and some other food from her mom.

Gabriella noticed that John, Daniel and Kira were giving her strange looks. The seesaw wasn't too close to the swings. The other play-things were between them.

Gabriella: I am sure they are talking about me?

Lena: Because you're not playing with them?

Gabriella: Just not in the mood.

Lena gave Gabriella a very friendly smile.

Lena: Hey cheer up Gabriella!! It's not the end of the world!!

Lena smiled really wide, just like the pale woman did. Gabriella found it scary at first but was sure that it was meant to cheer her up and not be gloomy.

Gabriella laughed and smiled.

Gabriella: I feel good hanging out with you Lena. You really are a good friend. I sometimes wish I can hang around with you forever.

Lena: Thank you Gabriella!! Do you really mean that?

Gabriella: Of course I do!!

Then Gabriella heard Maria's voice.

Maria: Gabe, come by the fiesta!! Food is ready!!

Gabriella turned around to see her sister standing not too far away from the playground.

Gabriella turned towards Lena.

Gabriella: Ok Lena, I gotta go. Hey wanna join me for barbeque. I'm sure mom has enough food for the two of us!!

Lena laughed.

Lena: You go have a good time!!

Gabriella got up from the swing and waked towards where her sister was stood. As she passed the seesaw, she noticed that John, Daniel and Kira were giving her inquisitive looks.

Gabriella: See ya guys!!

Gabriella approached her sister Maria.

Maria: Why are you sitting so far from your friends?

Gabriella: Just wasn't in the mood to play with them!

Gabriella and Maria walked towards the pool area, especially to where her mom was. Her mom gave her some barbeque sticks on a plate. Gabriella sat down by a chair and it was then that she saw something that disturbed her.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.