Ghost Stories
Chapter 10

Copyright© 2012 by sonyaesperanto

On the side of the street was a large open green field. Thirty meters from the pavement was a large bonfire, with a gathering of people. On the background was an old large decaying empty mansion.

Josh and Reggie parked their cars by the pavement, near this open field where the bonfire was taking lace

Josh: I take everything I said about this town back.

Archie: Are they celebrating Halloween?

Josie: I don't know if they are even wearing costumes.

Archie: Josh what do you think is going on here?

Josh: Beats me!! But there is one ay to find out.

Josh unfastened his seatbelt.

Josh: Come on guys!! Let's get out and talk to Reggie and the rest.

They got out of Josh's car and walked towards Reggie's car. Reggie's car was parked behind Josh. Josh knocked at Reggie's window. Reggie lowered down his window.

Josh: Hey why don't we all go check this out!!

Reggie, Sabrina and Beef got out of the car. All six of them walked towards where the bonfire and the crowd of people were.

Reggie was walking side-by-side with Josh.

Reggie: Dude these people aren't chickenshit at all. Why do you think they are the only people out here at night?

Josh: Maybe it is illegal in this town and all this is unofficial. Maybe they are kids from broken families who got nothing else better to do and so decided to hook up for alcohol and drugs.

Archie caught up with Josh and Reggie, letting the other three trailing behind them.

Archie: Pagans in the old days used to celebrate Halloween this way.

Reggie: With a large bonfire?

Archie: Sort of.

Reggie: Josh you think they are gonna be ok with us crashing over their party.

Josh: (annoyed) We can say that a stranger from this town invited us to come here and check it out for Halloween. We'll tell them that we are from Waterdale, their good 'ol friendly neighbour. Will you guys chill out! First I get a scared Sith knight and a scared Tomb Raider. Now I am also getting a scared vampire lord.

Reggie: (emotionally defensive) You know what they say. Better to be safe than sorry.

Josh: When does a jock ever think and say stuff like that? My suggestion is next time when you dress up for Halloween, don't dress up as Dracula. Dress up as Van Helsing.

Reggie's tone of voice may not have hinted that he was scared but Josh could tell that he was a little bit scared by all this.

Josh heard Sabrina calling after him.

Sabrina: Hey Josh wait up!!

Sabrina, Beef and Josie caught up with the three of them.

Sabrina: (scared) Josh do you think this really is a good idea. I mean we are outsiders and they may not take kindly to us intruding on their business.

Beef: She's got a point.

Josh stopped walking and looked at all of them.

Josh: (in his thoughts) Why the fuck they gotta ruin Halloween??

Josh looked at and every one of them.

Josh: You guys are something you know that!

Josh looked towards Sabrina.

Josh: When did cheerleader shy away from the spotlight?

Josh looked at both Beef and Reggie.

Josh: When did jocks become chickenshit and afraid of a challenge?

Josh then looked at Archie, then at Josie.

Josh: When did nerds stop using their brains and tell them that there was a way to get through this logically and calmly?

Josh shook his head.

Josh: (getting all boiled up) What's the matter with you all? It's fuckin Halloween and this happens only once a year. If they don't like us, I'll apologise and tell them we'll leave. I don't really see any reason why they wouldn't want us! After all, all of this is happening out in the open. But you know something. I think these people hanging out here are brave people, probably breaking some curfew laws but still do it, 'cos you know why! They know that cops in this town are as chickenshit as you all!!

Josh walked away from them and when he was at least two meters away from them, he screamed.

Josh: Hey you know what. Why don't you all follow Reggie back to Waterdale and do the same old shit!! As for me, I am going to hang out with this people, for tonight.

Josh kept on walking ahead.

When Josh reached where the spot where the bonfire was taking place he had as better view of all the people gathered there. He was right about one thing. They were all local teenagers. There was at least thirty of them, sitting around, chatting and walking and dancing and drinking beer cans.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.