Ghost Stories
Chapter 9

Copyright© 2012 by sonyaesperanto

All six of them agreed to a certain plan. Before 7PM, Josh picked up Archie and Josie, while Reggie picked up Beef and Sabrina, with the two cars meeting up by the cafe. As Josh had the sketch map, he led the way, with Reggie's car following behind his. They had to leave before 7PM, as this was the time when the town parade would more or less begin.

Josh and Reggie kept on driving their cars, until they were out of Waterdale.

As Archie and Josie were in the same car as Josh, Josh addressed them.

Josh: Nice costume you guys.

Both Archie and Josie were sat at the back. Archie was dressed up as Darth Maul, from the Star Wars movie The Phantom Menace, and Josie was dressed up as Lara Croft from the video game Tomb Raider. Josh was dressed up as his hero Batman.

Archie: Yours is cool too!!

Josie: What costumes did the others get?

Josie was referring to Reggie, Beef and Sabrina.

Josh: Reggie is dressed up as Dracula. Beef is dressed up as a Viking. Sabrina is dressed up as Cleopatra.

Archie: Imagine if that guy hadn't come by at the cafe today!

Josh: If he hadn't, we would still be doing the same 'ol shit. But you know what's on my mind.

Josie: What?

Josh: What is it that they do over there during Halloween? Do they also have parades and people marching in costumes at night? I mean I am pretty sure that kids still go trick or treating over there. I bet you that kids disobey their parents and venture out into Pier Street at night. It's probably their "dare" routine. I am sure we are gonna see lots and lots of kids, of all ages, in Pier Street.

Josie: But that guy said...

Josh cut her off.

Josh: He wants us to go there. Probably he wants us to also celebrate Halloween in his town too. You know, like a way of promoting it. He is like a guy who runs a haunted house in some carnival or a paid tour guide, who takes us to the most haunted places on some bus ride. Just because we want to be scared does not mean that they would not take us there. Who knows? Maybe when we bump into the kids loitering around there, they can share with us some history and show us where all the bad things took place, like where a serial killer killed his victims or which house is reputed to be haunted by ghosts and other stuff like that!!!

Josie: This really sounds like fun to you.

Josh: Well it is Halloween and what other better way to celebrate it!

Josh's and Reggie's car kept on driving until they finally reached Windy Mills. Once they reached the neighboring town, Josh followed the drawn map's routes. Josh drove through the streets that were listed on the drawn map (with Reggie following hot on his trail), until they finally made that turn towards Pier Street.

Josh addressed both Archie and Josie.

Josh: Ok guys, welcome to Pier Street.

The street was full of houses. Some houses were old and looked like they were about to crumble. Some were as small as garages. Some were surrounded by white fences. They saw lots of trees and that the houses adjoined the woods.

Archie: You know what I notice Josh!

Josh: What?

Archie: I don't see anyone out here celebrating. I mean in all the streets we drove through, there was no one walking around in costumes. Not even little kids trick or treating. Not like what we do in Waterdale.

Josie: Guys, do you still think this is a good idea?

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.