Ghost Stories
Chapter 8

Copyright© 2012 by sonyaesperanto

It was the 31st of October. It was Halloween, sometimes known as All Hallows Eve. Everyone in Waterdale was preparing to celebrate for Halloween.

Some of the townspeople planned on a night parade, marching the streets in their costumes, with some of them playing loud musical instruments. Adults and teenagers alike were planning to throw Halloween costumed parties. Kids were going to go door-to-door trick-or-treating.

As for Josh and friends, they were sat down drinking colas in some cafe. It was the middle of the afternoon.

Josh, Archie, Reggie, Sabrina, Josie and Beef were discussing their plans for the evening. A kid from their class named Jeff was throwing a Halloween party, inviting everyone from his class to come.

Josh decided that he was only going to show up by around 9PM but wanted to do something different in the early evening. His suggestion to the other five was that they could all go to the woods, telling each other ghost stories, before showing up for Jeff's party.

Josie: No offence Josh but this is what you always suggest to us every time it's Halloween.

Sabrina: Yes Josh

Josh: But it's tradition.

Reggie: A tradition that only you cherish.

Archie: Reggie is right! Besides, all the stories we tell are made-up and not real.

Josh: Ok. Does anyone know if this town has any real story, like say someone got murdered or stuff like that?

Archie: Our town is relatively a peaceful one, compared to many other towns.

Josh: So you guys say we show up for Jeff's party. People do nothing there but just eat, sit down, and chat, which they already do in and outside school. His party is boring. I got no problem showing up late for his.

Reggie: Or we can always mix round with the crowd during the parade!

Josh: We also do that too, normally after we leave his usually boring parties, but hey, I'd rather do that for the fourth of July.

Josie: I was gonna suggest a horror night marathon but I am pretty sure that Josh has already seen nearly every horror movie out there.

Reggie: Or we can dress up in our costumes and show up for the adults' parties. I heard that the teachers in our class are going to throw their own Halloween party.

Josh: It's bad enough we see them in school. I don't want to see them when I want to have a good time tonight. Looking at their faces is scary enough.

Everyone laughed at Josh's comment.

Every Halloween they usually did the same old thing. It got predictable and boring. Josh was ok with telling ghost stories by the woods but the others got bored of that.

But just as everything seemed boring and helpless, an outside voice had intervened in their conversation.

(V.O.) You kids really want do something different this Halloween. Try going to Pier Street.

Josh and his friends looked up, to see a stranger looming over them. The man was quite short; looked like he was in his late 30s, with jet black hair, swarthy, wearing shades and a leather black jacket. He wore a necklace of a small silvery artificial skull.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.