Ghost Stories
Chapter 7

Copyright© 2012 by sonyaesperanto

The summer break was over and the boys started their semester for their new class at Waterdale High School.

Weeks had passed, since starting their semester, all the way up to the last days of October.

But on the early evening of 30th of October (the day before Halloween), Josh and his friends did something they had never done before.

Josh, Archie, Reggie and three other friends/classmates by the names of Sabrina, Josie and Beef, were playing with the Ouija board.

In other words, they were trying to communicate with dead spirits.

A few days ago, Josh had ordered himself an Ouija Board online and people in Waterdale weren't overall so religious or superstitious, like in many other small towns.

As for why they were doing this, was because Halloween was the day after and that they wanted to have some fun (but of course their fun during Halloween would be far greater than this one).

As for his three other friends; Sabrina was a blond cheerleader, Josie was a brunette nerd and Beef was a blond jock.

Josh had all the lights turned off, except for a small lamp by his bedside. They were all sat cross-legged in a circle, on the bedroom floor. The Ouija board was on the floor, between them. Their six finger tips were resting on the pointer.

It was Josh who was leading the way and doing all the talking and asking.

Josh: Spirit, can you hear us? If you are listening to us, please tell us if you are there!

The pointed was moving towards the word YES.

Josh and his friends were shocked.

Reggie: It's working!

Archie: Or maybe it's our brains telling our fingers.

Reggie: Shut up dude!!

Beef: Yeah Archie!

Josh was swallowing his throat.

Josh: Spirit can you tell us your name!!!

The pointed slowly moved towards the letter G, then A, then R and finally Y.

Josh: Your name is Gary?!

Josie: This is just so bizarre!!

But before Josh could ask the question "Gary how did you die?" his mom had knocked on the door.

The Ouija board session came to an early end, with his mom telling him that dinner was ready.

Josh had to chase his friends out and they reminded him not to forget that tomorrow was Halloween, that he has to get a costume and that they were going to do something together for Halloween night.

After dinner, Josh studied for a while and then his mom and dad made him go to bed. Josh did not sleep well that night. He was disturbed by his nightmare.

He dreamt that he was locked up in school at night, and was running down the dark hallways. He had never felt scared in his life.

He kept running until he passed by a classroom where he saw two little kids (a blond boy and a brunette girl) playing with an Ouija board, on the classroom floor, and with the moonlight shining on them from the window.

From behind him, he heard a multitude of screams. Really frightening screams coming from people who were on the run from something. Then he saw a fog emerged from where he had just run.

He entered the classroom, calling out to them.

Josh: What are you kids doing out here?

Blond boy: We are talking with ghosts.

Brunette girl: Do you know what today is?

Josh shook his head, sweating with fear (for no reason).

Brunette girl looked towards him.

Brunette girl: Today the ghosts are coming for you!!!

Josh woke up sweating. His heart was beating very fast. He got up from his bed, switched on the bedroom lights, got out of his bedroom and onto the upper hallway, heading straight for the bathroom.

When he got to the bathroom, he turned on the lights and washed his face over the mirror.

Josh: You wanted to get scared and do something special for Halloween. Congratulations Josh, you gave yourself a good nightmare!!

Josh believed that a part of his brain, knowing that he played with the Ouija Board much earlier, allowed him to give himself nightmares.

Josh went down towards the kitchen and made himself a cup of hot chocolate, with whipped cream on top. After being in the kitchen for 20 minutes, he went back to his bedroom.

He looked at his alarm clock. It was 4AM in the morning.

Josh: Today is Halloween!! Today you are going to have a good time!!

When Josh switched off the lights and retired once more to his bed, he had no way of knowing that his nightmare was a warning.

It was a warning about this Halloween. This Halloween was going to be the scariest one he has ever had.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.