Junior's Samples. Part of the Stopwatch Series - Cover

Junior's Samples. Part of the Stopwatch Series

Copyright© 2012 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 1

This one is totally off the wall.

Writing about Time Travel to the past is easy. Writing about Time Travel to the future is impossible. Today, what happens, changes tomorrow.

If you're old enough, you remember Popular Science Magazine. That particular spread I call the National Inquirer of the 1940's. The future WILL be like THIS! About once or twice a year, PSM would predict, not only what was going to be coming, but what it was going to look like: Now that I can look at what's now, I can look back to what now was supposed to look like. Not even close. They got the clothes wrong, the morals wrong, the cars, the airplanes, housing, farming, tobacco, manufacturing, mining, roads, ... music ... GLOBAL WARMING, telephones, computers, the National Debt! They missed it all. Because you can't predict the future, you can only give it a guess. Even then, ethnocentrism, defining culture by societal mores, gets in the way. (You Will do this MY way, because My way is right, moral and proper. Any deviation from My way is deviant behavior and WE have laws about that kind of thing. If scientific study does not verify MY way ... well ... eliminate the science and it's practitioners.)

OH Shit, He's ranting ... again! He's neither Republican nor Democrat ... he's (oh the shame of it all) a thinker. I'm sure Homeland Security has regulations against that.

You can't predict the future! Can you?


Junior didn't get the watch until she was 12. She was 12 in 2012.

One thing she discovered: If you don't have daughters ... you keep the watch.

The second thing: If you don't get married ... you keep the watch.

The third thing: Biology, clocks and hormones decide things you wouldn't decide to do.

The fourth thing: No matter how you slice, dice, or trice it, Grandmother Wendy was going to be alive long after the watch keeper was dead.

The fifth thing: The watch kept a woman fertile long after all her friends had had menopause. Ain't life a bitch! Just when you think it's safe to drink the water...


Junior ( she was a Wendy, but Wendy the elder and Wendolyn the younger were still ticking. The elder was raising havoc in the ancient world. Wendy the younger was busy protecting her princessapality against all transgressors, assessors and possessors.) had the watch. Like everyone else... 'Oh, you're 12 today ... Happy Birthday!' ... she got the watch ... in a box ... with coal.

Too said, "Junior, you have the watch. Use it. Don't get caught. Right now your brothers need you for their practical jokes."

Practical Jokes ... HA! Twin 17 year old boys with all the invincibility of the young and sneaky to boot. They had been having the time of their lives defeating the clandestine forces of both the United States and Canada.

Each country wanted the island, Too's 'Princessapality, ' as she called it, as it had belonged to both at one time or another. Added to the mess was France, Canada was a French Colony before it was a British Colony. That's totally discounting the Indians claims. Even though Native American is politically correct, they were invaders, just like the whites, blacks, yellows and blues.

Don't forget to include the United Nations in the mix. They had recognized Wendolyn as sovereign owner within a day of her possession.

They stationed a Swiss peacekeeping force after the first attempt at take over. Poor guy. He was cute and Junior liked him.

Too, that's Wendolyn, Junior, the daughter, and the twins had designed a National Flag before a week of countrification had taken place. It was a cross-eyed embroidered face of Too with her hands in her ears like moose antlers and her tongue sticking out. It was one of the nation's biggest income producers.

The coming winter with the lakes iced over was going to be the biggest test of the Princessapality's defenses. Too, ever the thinker, had contacted S&S Enterprises and lease purchased a couple of their as yet to be offered to the world, but rejected by the United States military, dirty tricks. And she had asked for a couple of the miniature drones Wes had designed.

One of her major disappointments was the refusal of S&S to sell her the new but unwanted fighter. They were so damn fast and CHEAP!! She did buy a couple of twin turboprops reinforced with Jeff and Gerry's composite.

The Americas, both US and Canada had refused military aid so Russia was shipping a couple of real MIG 35's and several blowup fakes. Too was already a very competent pilot and the boys were licensed multi drivers. Too was hoping the Russians would arrive before the ice set in.

Chapter 2 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.