My Twin Sisters
Chapter 4

 

We got in the SUV and Mom started to drive. About an hour out of town, her phone rang. I looked at it and said, "It's Dad, can I talk to him or do you want to?"

"Go ahead," she said.

"Hey Dad, what's happening?" I answered.

"I came home and found a letter from your mother, put her on the phone!" he directed.

"Why, so you can lie to her some more, telling her you have to work late, so you can screw your assistant all night on your office desk?"

"Charles, put your mother on the phone — right now!"

"No Dad, I won't! All you want to do is bullshit her into thinking that you really love her, and to come back home! Well we're NOT coming home for a while — if ever. I'm sick and tired of you being such a rotten husband to her and a screw up of a Dad to the girls and me. We're gone — we don't need you any more — neither does Mom. Go to hell Dad!" I hung up on dad.

The girls in the back were clapping in applause as Mom said, "Well said honey, I couldn't have done better myself. You certainly have stepped up and became the Man of the House today.

I scooted close to mom laying my head on her shoulder as we drove on down the highway...


"Charles ... wake up, we're stopping for the night," mom said.

"Oh, thanks Mom — Where are we anyway?"

"About halfway to our destination, Charles — wake up your sisters, please?"

"Sure thing Mom — I turned off the ringer, but Dad called six more times."

I went to the girls first giving Faith a kiss awake. Her eyes opened and she smiled at me. "Where are we?"

I went to Hope, giving her a kiss awake as well. "Mmmmmm, Prince Charming is waking me up — Where are we?"

"Come on, We'll all find out together," I said as we all got out of the car, seeing we were parked in front of a La Quinta Inn.

Mom saw us all and said, "How many rooms do we need, two or three?"

The girls giggled at this question, so I turned to Mom and recommended, "How about two rooms with two beds, Mom — that's one bed per person, unless you'd like to cuddle with your 14-year-old son."

I'd looked her straight in the eyes and caught a naughty grin, as she said, "Two rooms with two beds sounds right," as she walked up to the counter and registered.

Hope walked up to me and said, "We're not enough for you, now you want Mom as well?"

"Girls, Mom just left her husband, maybe for forever — we may never again see him or the town we've just left behind. I'm trying to support her, work with me please — she needs to know that what she has just done isn't bad, but necessary."

"Wow, Charles — you sure have matured a lot in the last couple weeks," Faith said. "You're becoming such a grown up, for only being 14."

"Yeah, Charles — just another reason why I love you so much," Hope commented.

"OK you three, we've got two rooms — not connected, each with two beds each, who's with who?" mom said.

"Gee, Mom — why don't you and Charles have one and we'll have the other, OK?" Hope answered.

"I was expecting an argument over this — thanks girls, take inside just enough stuff for the night ... we're moving on in the morning. We're in Nashville Tennessee right now, but that is not far enough away from your father yet."

"I understand, Mom — what are our room numbers?" I said.

"404 and 409, honey," she answered.

I grabbed a luggage cart and got the stuff the girls needed, then mine and Mom's Suitcase. "Mom, go ahead and park, I'll get us up to our rooms..."

"No, Charles — we can do it ourselves, help Mom OK?" Hope said as I handed them the card key to 404. I got another cart for my and Moms stuff. She parked and got her bathroom bag and we headed upstairs together. She actually took my arm and smiled at me as we walked into the elevator.

"Charles, you certainly are showing me just how good a young man you have become. Your sisters seem to respect you and I don't know what I would've done the last 48 hours if it hadn't been for you."

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.