Deputy Porter
Chapter 228

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

The well dressed business man walked into Hardee's just as I sat down to review my tape from the night before. More importantly to me was the last three hours. I was occupied so even though I noticed him walk in the place, I didn't keep track of him. When he sat down at the table I paid a lot more attention to him.

"So are you Randal Davis king maker or one of his flunkies?" I asked.

"You know, if I wasn't Randal you really would have pissed me off with the flunky comment," he said.

"Well, if you were a funky, the political business pays way too good for a funky to have been dressed so nice," I explained.

"Very good, so we have decided that you should run as a republican. We are withdrawing our support of the former chief of police of Dobson. We thought he had the best chance of beating Webster till I talked to you. Let us take over your campaign and I'm pretty sure we can get you elected," he said.

"Oh and what do you get?" I asked.

"Someone in the sheriff's office that listens to us, rather than the old power structure," he said.

"I will listen to you like any other resident of this country, but I will do what is best for the people. I don't fit well into anyone's pocket." I informed him.

"Good, you do the right thing and we won't have a problem," Randal said.

"I could say the same to you. You do this and don't expect anything in return except what anyone else gets," I said.

"There has to be more than that, or it isn't worth our involvement," he said.

"Then go with the chief from Dobson, and I guarantee you will be looking at Sheriff Webster come next November." I said with a laugh.

"Look it's too early for negotiations it 7am in April, the election isn't till November." He said.

"Yeah, you have to take it one step at a time," I agreed.

"Okay first step you don't register till June. If things don't change between now and then, you are the republican candidate. If they do, you run as an independent." he suggested.

"That works unless someone else comes along and makes me an offer," I said.

"Nobody is going to do that I assure you," he said. He was just a little too smug.

"I'm expecting between now and June to hear from the libertarian party and the Tea Party. I would rather run as a libertarian, but as tea party bitch I would be okay." I said.

"I think you would agree your best chance is with us," he said.

"I think you would agree, that if I ran under either of those, I could take enough votes from you to guarantee we both lose. Would I do it, you bet your ass I would," I said. "I'm not a politician, I'm just an evil bitch at heart. So I will fuck you up and laugh about it, because it ain't personal is it?" I asked.

"Okay I get it. I will meet with some people and let you know something by the weekend, if we want to wrap this up,"

"The weekend is two day away, so you better have your meeting soon," I said.

"Well, Webster isn't going anywhere," he said.

"To tell you the truth I'm surprised he is running at all. He has been out of the chief deputies chair for a while," I said. "Even so that is his claim to fame."

"Yes but the current chief deputy has only been in his job a couple of years at most. Webster was there twenty plus years." Randal said. "That's why he is running.

"He wasn't chief deputy all that time. But you are right, he was chief deputy a long time," I agreed.

"How do you stay skinny eating this shit?" Randal asked looking at his sausage biscuit.

"I'm may be skinny, but my arteries are fat," I said.

"No doubt about that," he agreed. "I will call you before Saturday with our decision."

"That's fair," I said. I was thinking that his most likely would be the only offer I got, if I got one from him. I would really like to run as a libertarian or even a tea party candidate. I no longer wanted to win. I just wanted to worry the shit out of them all.

I didn't bother to ask how he knew where to find me, it seemed that everyone knew my schedule and habits. I had decided, when I thought the Miami Mafia was after me, that if they want you, the assassin will come down your chimney, so why bother to hide. That did not mean I went anywhere unarmed in those days.

I went back to the house and showered. I decided after the shower and clean clothes to go do laundry and stop my Jeremy's studio. It took an hour and a half to do the laundry, but I didn't leave it the whole time it ran. I didn't want to find my panties gone when I got back from a trip to Jeremy's studio, so I waited and read the online news. I could piggy back the wifi on almost a dozen sources in the downtown.

When I finally finished my laundry I folded it all, I put it back in the black cloth bags I recently acquired. Then I headed to Jeremy's studio. I couldn't believe that there were actually customers in the place.

"My god kid you look busy as hell," I said.

"I am. Seems the tourist finally started to move. Most everyone is from out of town. I have been selling shit like crazy, well like crazy for this place," he said showing his good humor. He actually made a sale while we were talking. He sold a very old framed print. It had to be from the 1940s. It had to be one of those estate pieces we bought.

"So, you getting it rich or what?" I asked.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.