Deputy Porter
Chapter 208

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

We got back Sunday evening, so we dropped the trailer at my place to unload sometime Monday. Jeremy drove, and I rode along with him to the pub in the SUV. My Cruiser had been parked at the pub all weekend. The Brit had the choice of it, or Jeremy's econobox. I went inside to get my keys and have a beer before going home.

The keys were easy The Brit threw them at me. "Shit Sylvia, you have to be a midget to drive that crappy little car. The driver's seat won't adjust."

"Monk might have welded it solid to make the whole thing ride better. If it is flexible, it will vibrate is a biker's mantra. You would get used to it, if you drove it much," I said.

"That ain't gonna happen," The Brit said.

"Well then don't bitch. So was the weekend quiet?" I asked.

"Quiet yes," he said. "It would be nice to have had a few customers. Now that the cops have all gone, there should be more customers."

"Brit you didn't want to tend bar anyway," I said. "While the place was filled with cops, Jeremy and I didn't have to worry about any unwanted visitors."

"You didn't need to worry, I got a shotgun," he said to me. "You don't have to be a sniper to use one of those. No matter how sick you are, you just use is as a point and shoot weapon."

"That is true. I still felt better, when Mission was hanging out here," I said.

"She hasn't been around that much. It was mostly that other dyke Morris," he said.

"Oh you think she is a dyke, because she didn't flirt with you?" I asked with a laugh.

"No because she spent almost an hour drinking beer and asking about you Saturday night," The Brit said.

"I thought they had all gone by Saturday. That doesn't sound good at all," I commented.

"Why do you think I'm telling you about it. Be careful around her," The Brit said.

"I'll definitely keep that in mind," I said. "Right now I want to get home and into a hot shower." I left immediately. I drove the cruiser t home with only a quick stop at the Hardee's restaurant for coffee, and to run a quick check of my security cameras. I did stay long enough to run the 24hour loop of files from the camera. There hadn't been anyone in over the last 24 hours, before that I couldn't say.

When I got to the front gate I examined it carefully before I went inside. The gate did not appear to have moved. The cotton sewing threads that connected the gate to the post was intact. So I was reasonably confident no one had open the gate. Someone could have parked on the shoulder of the road and walked in but that was pretty risky. There car could have been seen. Not to mention they would be trapped inside, if I came home. Yes I know it was paranoid. Paranoia in small amounts was a good thing in my line of work.

I went inside the box house and stripped my clothes off first thing. I put them in a net bag to take to the laundromat, then I climbed into the shower. My plan was to stay in there till I ran out of hot water or shriveled like a prune which ever came first.

The hot water ran out after twenty two minutes which was about average. Without any more hot water I dressed. I had decided that I would mash in just one barrel. That would be more than enough to cover my fun money which I really hadn't used. I got around eight gallons of hooch from 30 gallons of mash. Six came from the still and two or more from proofing it with bottled water.

Once I got the mash to start working on Monday morning, I planned to drive into town and do laundry. It was barely dark on Sunday night, so I went ahead and mixed the mash. It wasn't hard and mixing it gave me an eight hour head start on cooking.

After I had the mash mixed I put away my tools and went back to the box house to check the Internet for new toys. I had already bought such things as thermal imaging scopes and cameras. I was very high tech in my security around the still house.

One of the lowest tech things I did might have proved to be the most useful. I had some signs printed and then stapled them to trees on the edges of my property. Mostly the said no hunting with gun or dog on this property. I had a pretty good feeling the neighbors had the same kind of signs up as well.

I spent two hours looking for more security gadget but didn't really find anything new. I had been debating upgrading my scanners to cover the new laser technology. I didn't know how it worked exactly but supposedly they could bug you with a laser pointed in your direction. There was a scanner for it, so I bought one to add to my gps tracker scanner and jammer and the wireless bug detector and jammers I had purchased when there was downtime.

I had spent more than a thousand dollars trying to minimize my digital footprint. The best security was to stay off their radar, but I couldn't help the damage that had already been done. I just needed to stay ahead of the curve, if possible. That included an erase system for the computer the CIA would be proud to own. After I placed my orders for new scanner upgrades, I went to bed. I knew 5AM still came early.

It was really peaceful riding that early in the morning, since I had made peace with the idea that they could get me anywhere. All I could do was hope the deals, I had made, held. If they did there shouldn't be anyone out to get me. If not, then all the hiding in the world wouldn't help me. I stopped at Hardee's for breakfast and a scan of the camera files from the night before. Everything was quiet, so I rode home and checked the mash. There was nothing more I could do to it, so I put the two net bags of dirty clothes into the back of the cruiser and went to town.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.