Deputy Porter - Cover

Deputy Porter

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

Chapter 201

"I swear to you Sylvia I don't understand why people are buying that stuff. I don't like the taste of it and I don't like the quick high I get from it." The Brit said.

"I know, hun but people don't always make sense. As a matter of fact the one thing you can count on when dealing with people, is that they will all act irrationally at some point." I said.

"Yeah, that is true enough. So what's the thrill?" The Brit asked.

"Jim says it's designer drugs. Something nobody else has. If I ever got into large production, it would be about two hundred dollars a bottle." I said.

"So what would you do then," he asked.

"Make something else I suppose." I suggested.

"Do you have a new barrel of mash working?" he asked.

"Not really I have and old batch of mash working. Bosco told me how to sustain the brew, so I'm giving it a try." I said.

"How do you do that?" The Brit ask.

"You don't throw out all the used up mash you save about half of it. Then you add everything just like it were starting all over and go from there, Well you don't add any yeast. So we are gonna see what happens," I said.

I spent the next day laying off the hooch and delivering some of it. I had several trips to make it work but when the alcohol started running I was able to concentrate on the booze. It was also about the things to come and making them work.

Over the next few months there were more order on the bulletin board than I had product on hand. I had started to fall behind on a weekly basis. The price was to high already.

I went to see Ramona while I was mashing in a few months later. I was trying to figure out what I needed to do about the lack of capacity. "Sylvia you here because you got competition? I sure hope this don't mean no drug war." she said.

"Well it sure as hell doesn't mean one from me. So what's the deal?" I asked.

"Some hard case came in and said he could give me a better price and promised there wouldn't be no trouble from you," she said.

"Well he was right about about that. If he has a better price, I won't give you a problem for switching. So who is this new supplier?" I asked.

"He is named Leo something or other," she said.

"I'm sure we will get to know each other soon." Even though I didn't care if he won the business fair, he might feel he needed to make an impression. Drug people often felt that way. Fortunately I was armed to the teeth, just because it was habit.

It was also good that Romona had warned me, so the man standing in front of me in the parking lot didn't get even a small element of surprise. As I passed him he went for his gun, but he found it hard to get it out with the sharpened driveway spike buried in his shoulder. He had planned to brush past me then come from behind me with his 9mm. I didn't plan to give him the chance.

He was rather strange looking standing there with the surprised look on his face as he sank to his knees. The orange spike with the bent end showing though his clothes. Meantime I was down on one knee with the .22mag revolver waving about.

I cautiously worked my way back to the cruiser through the crowded parking lot. When I made it back to the cruiser, I removed the shotgun from the area behind the front seat. I carried the shotgun to make a lot of noise, just so win or lose they knew I had been in the fight.

I looked up just in time to see to men carrying the injured man to his car. Since the cops hadn't been called, I breathed a sigh of relief. At least I hadn't been wrong about his intentions. I sat there in the sat in parking lot and realized for the first time that I hadn't considered anyone taking offense to my little project.

After I decided that it really was a threat, I decided that I was over worked, so I probably should give most of the business up for adoption. Still I wasn't sure what he knew and what if any understanding we could come to and to make it work.

I went back to County Seat to wait for the next move. It seemed to me that it was their move next. I didn't want The Brit caught up in the cross fire. That being the case I stopped at his place first to give him a heads up.

I was at the far end of the bar drinking a dark draft, when Brit finally got everyone settled down. He knew something was wrong for sure. He finally looked at me and asked, "So what is it?"

"Someone decided that if I could make so much money in just a few months, he wanted the business," I suggested.

"To make worse knock off shit. So have they asked for a sit down," Brit asked.

"I'm not sure. I got warned he was going to talk to me, then I spotted him doing a brush pass in the parking lot. I might have over reacted a little. I shanked him." I said.

"Did he call an ambulance?" The Brit asked.

"No," I said.

"Then you didn't over react," he said.

"You might want to be careful around strangers for a while," I suggested.

"Yeah, thanks for the heads up. If he wants to have a meet, do not set it for less than three days. We need time to get our gang together." The Brit said.

"You have to be kidding," I said.

"Do I look like I'm kidding?" he asked.

"No, I can use the time for recon anyway," I said. I used my cell phone to call Mission. When her voice mail answered I asked, "The is Sylvia I need you you to tell me who is Leo in the drug trade around Dobson in Warren county. I want to know who he is connected with. Thank you love." I hung up. I left pretty much the same message with the detective deputy, he should be curious anyway I thought.

I used the WIFI from the pub to check the files on the camera's website history. They didn't show anything. Since not too many people knew about the farm. "Looks as thought I'm good for a while." I commented.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.