Deputy Porter - Cover

Deputy Porter

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

Chapter 187

"Surely you can protect yourself," Monk said.

"Yeah I can protect myself. Tell me what she is selling." I suggested.

"She is selling whats left after the harvest," Monk said.

"So what's your interest?" I asked.

I remember back when you and Jim had that stuff. I never really bought any but I heard it was primo stuff." Monk said.

"Alright I'll call her back after I check the rest of her references," I suggested. "Now it's my birthday and I'm gonna party."

"Good for you, but this place is too quiet for a party. Come on out to 'Bone Crusher's place. I'll tell them it's your birthday." Monk said.

"Monk, that isn't the kind of place a woman gets anything for her birthday. She probably has to give all the guys a blow job because it's her birthday."

"And there is something wrong with that?" he asked.

"Depends on if you are the one on your knees or not," I said.

"Not to you it don't," Monk said. He did laugh which was a good thing.

"I'm gonna hang out here tonight, but thanks anyway," I said to Monk.

"Well it's just too quiet in here for me no offense," Monk said.

"None taken hone. The quiet English countryside isn't for everyone," I said.

"I know you and the Englishmen party hard sometime, you just don't do it in here," he said on his way out the door.

The Brit came over to bring me another beer. "Thanks Brit but don't pull me any more for a while. I want to be around some tonight. It's my birthday, I don't want to be out of it tonight."

"Alright I'll baby sit you," he said with a laugh. Before he left his position in front of me, he was joined by Tomas' wife.

"Hello Miss Sylvia," She said.

I had no idea what her name really was. I heard someone call her Rosa one time so I did as well. "Hello Miss Rosa how is the family?" I asked.

"Every one is fine Miss Sylvia," she said.

"I sure am glad to hear it. We have all survived another year," I said.

"Yes we have Miss Sylvia. I came to wish you happy birthday," she said handing me a package. I had never bought her a present or received one from her. It was a monumental birthday, but not really a big deal to most people. Still there she stood with a small wrapped package.

I was like a kid opening hers because it was so unexpected. It was a lace handkerchief, The kind a real old fashion high society lady used, I almost cried it was such a special gift.

Then the door flew open and Karl came into the pub. "Geese this place is dead, How do you all stand it here?" he asked.

"We sit around retelling old tales, Like that time in Vera Cruz," I said.

"Ya'll never gonna let me live that down?" Karl asked.

"You ain't been here in six months Karl. I have to listen to it every Sunday," The Brit said.

"Well I guess I should buy her a present since I wouldn't be here without her." Karl said.

"Don't it feel strange to owe someone so young your life," The Brit asked.

"It's nothing I wouldn't have done," he said.

"I know," I replied and kissed him, I also took his present since it came from all the guys in the great dismal, including the game warden. When I opened it, I was pleased and impressed. To get that wooden box with the six inch switch blade knife inside. It was a real pleasure, I had been wanting one, but I could never bring my self to pay two hundred dollars for it, I had a feeling that the one in the wooden box cost even more,

"I got this for you to," he said slipping me a card. There were words in it that someone had written. Lots of them said nice things about me. One of the guys who had been there long enough to really know who I was wrote the thing that brought me to tears.

Sylvia there is no where I wouldn't go with you beside me.

Just that one sentence brought me to tears. Lots of things did that day, Damn I hated birthdays,

Later that night I left the pub with one of the Deputies from across the park. They came over now and then after their shift. "Happy Birthday Sylvia, if you wouldn't mind a younger man I would really like to give you a gift," One of the kids, who worn a deputy Sheriff's uniform said.

"Damn kid, they would probably have me arrested for sexual assault on a minor," I suggested.

It was well after midnight when we all decided it was time to leave. I had too much to drink so I considered how to get home. The easiest thing to do seemed to be to go up and stay with The Brit and his friend. But I really didn't want to deal with Jeremy that particular night.

"Hey Sylvia, you need a ride home," the voice asked.

"Karl you are not in any better shape to drive than I am," I said.

"No but half the cops up here don't want to bust me, just to get a brownie point with the sheriff." he said,.

"Tell you what Karl there has to be a taxi around somewhere. If you will split a cab with me, we will share a bed as well." I said to him.

"I haven't seen your place since you got a real bed so it's a deal," he said.

"Do you think you are still young enough to get it up?" I asked.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.