Deputy Porter - Cover

Deputy Porter

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

Chapter 186

I was on the road home when I realized that I had committed a cold blooded murder. I knew I should feel some kind of remorse but I didn't. What I thought was that I was sorry there would be some other piece of trash who would take over. The business would go on because they needed the business it really didn't need anyone of them to continue. The business would always be there in some form to pray on the innocent trying to cope.

The only way to kill the business was to kill the customers and no one was ready for that yet. If it ever came to that cut the junk with rat poison. and tell them it was cut with rat poison. Those who weren't too far gone might find the strength to quit.

Well, one of the rats was gone for sure. I had no idea who the cops were looking for but I thought it was a gay guy on a bike. I was within an half hour of County Seat when I realized I should be getting a birthday party ready. Not just any birthday either it was my 30th. My god how old that had sounded to me at my twentieth.

I remembered that I had turned twenty wearing Air Force Blue. I even did a tour on the gate of a forward Air Base that day. No I can't say anything happened except I got laid. As I remember it the party was for me but several guys got presents that night. That was the thing about serving in a predominantly male area. Every thing was about them in the end. Well what doesn't kill me makes me strong I thought. I would have to inspect my face for lines tomorrow, after all I was over thirty now. Hell I was no longer trustworthy, I thought.

Of course a local drug dealer had not make the radio news, not even on the all news station based in and covering all the state news. Hell so many drug thugs died on any given day it was hard to keep up. I was supposed to have visited a storage facility auction the same day I had followed them all around. I followed them so that I knew where things where when I began the operation.

I often went that far for an auction and I often returned with nothing, so I was okay in that part. I was always doing something and covering it with something else. Even I didn't know all I did that was just for show, and that was okay.

I got home about 2PM and was interested to see how my house had done without me. It had taken five days to end Jerrome's reign of terror. I had been away three nights so I was curious how the house had managed. Since the Gas furnace had been installed almost a year earlier, it had been the first trip that I had left it running. I half expected it to gut the insides of the storage units. Of course I wasn't disappointed that everything worked just fine, just surprised,

I went inside and looked around. I didn't stay I got on the bike and rode it into town. I was tired and I needed to wear the edge off my nerves. I parked in front of the pub I got there just in time to greet The Brit as he opened it up.

"Hey Brit," I said as I walked by him toward the bar. I chose the bar because when you sat in the middle of the room you knew just how close everyone was to you.

"Well did you buy anything," he asked.

"Yeah I got what I wanted. You can't really get the choices here you can down there. Did I tell you this is my birthday?" I asked. I was a little disappointed he didn't say anything.

"Really?" he asked.

"Yep, it sure is. I wasn't sure I would make it back in time," I said. Then I opened the menu and saw it. There on the menu was a tiny burger made on a standard dinner roll. It was really a smashed down meatball with a little tomato sauce with chilies. The new sandwich was called the Porter Burger, I swear I almost cried. "Damn Brit thanks," I said.

"Nothing special we needed something light in the ass for you little farts. Tomas's daughter started making Mexican meatballs, so I figured what the hell." Then he did something totally out of character he leaned over the bar and kissed me. "Come back at nine for the party," he said then went to clean the glasses.

Tomas's daughter came out front. "Hey would you fix me a porter burger or is it too early?"

"For you anything," The teenager said.

"Why aren't you in school?" I asked.

"I only go half a day. I can't go to college, so I go to school to learn what I need to know to work. You know in places like this one." The young girl said cheerfully.

"If you really learn how this place works, you can own one like it and have those college kids wash your car." I said. What I didn't say was, or do twenty years in prison. She could run the legitimate parts of our business, but some things she should stay away from.

The burger was very good. I would have enjoyed it regardless just because it was named for me but it helped that it was made with ground beef and rice and lots of chillies. I hung around an hour drinking that one dark beer then I rode the bike off for home. When I pulled into the yard I was greeted by the sight of a strange car parked beside my box house and behind my cruiser van.

Oh shit, I thought. I really wanted to go in and just catchup on everything thing. There are always things that need my attention. If nothing else I could slip in a adult chat room and get some tension worked off. So instead of that, I was going to have to deal with someone who I didn't know. Whether it was a cop or a con who wanted my attention, I had to respond. Most likely it as someone in between the two.

I put the bike onto the covered deck. I leaned it under the front window of the house and walked to the edge of the porch. The vehicle was actually a old muddy pick up truck. It would certainly not stand out in the rural mountain community. The individual who got out of it was a lot like me. She was headed toward middle aged and yes had a youthful attitude somehow. It could have been the filthy jeans or the tight top she wore.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.