Deputy Porter - Cover

Deputy Porter

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

Chapter 178

We all managed to get back in touch with the Swamp from Balise. I called around the small tourist town till I found the Swamp dog crew. The little town right across the border from where the terrorists were operating was neutral territory since it was a beach tourist town. Even terrorists wanted to lay a yankee tourists once in a while.

Karl and the Brit were in a bar when I arrived. "Sylvia," The Brit said standing.

"Brit you okay?" I asked because his face had some new bruises.

"You should see the other guy, not a scratch on him," he said.

"I tried to tell you that you can never have too many concealed weapons," I said with a laugh. "You really should listen to me."

"They killed the Ambassador you know?" Karl asked.

"I heard. He came with a price," I said.

"How many street thugs does it take to kill one ambassador?" Kart said.

"I don't know how many did it take?" I asked.

"A hundred street thug or one rescuer," Karl said. "You know they were going to kill us when they carried us away. The only reason we are alive is you didn't bug out."

"Well Karl I guess that makes you my slave. I expect my car washed and waxed every month for the rest of your life and your kid's life as well." I said taking a beer.

"Sounds reasonable. No shit thanks for not listening to common sense," he said.

"Karl, it was a lot easier when we left the world of terrorists, and went after the commandant of a prison. Then I got to be the terrorist and it was much easier. Of course it would never have worked, if you hadn't realized you needed to overpower the guards." I informed him.

"I know Sylvia, we kept looking for the hidden weapon and never did find one. The Brit strangled a guard with a zip tie. It really did look painful but you know The Brit he never feels pain." Karl said.

"Oh I feel pain, I just don't talk about my feelings like you Yanks." he said.

"Well no matter, you are alive that is the important thing," I said.

"No Sylvia the ambassador is dead, that is the important thing. The state department and the CIA are going to be looking for a scape goat. My guess it that Karl and I are going to be in the Jackpot." the Brit said.

"Well, I was there too," I said angrily.

"You didn't get caught, and you got us out. You are going to be the heroine of this little farce," Karl lamented.

"You get home and tell the senate what happened. The government will have to explain why the 1st marine division wasn't called in to rescue the ambassador." I suggested.

"The president will say we did all we could, and the people will give him a buy. The world is willing to give him a buy anytime he wants. He just says it's for your own good, I know what's best for you. and they buy it like drugs." Karl said.

"Fuck it Karl whose going to debrief us. Is the Colonel sending someone, or is it going to be a government puke?" I asked.

"You know I think I'm through," The Brit said.

"Yeah me too, we could find something to do more fun than this," I said to The Brit.

"Why don't the three of us start our own bodyguard service. We could keep the pukes alive as well as swamp dog." The Brit said.

"Hell I'm tired of playing with guns. I think I'll make whiskey. They been making it with spitting distance of County Seat as long as white men lived in the area." I explained.

"I know there is good money in it and the fed doesn't consider it part of the war on drugs. It might as well be for all the trouble they go to in order to track you down." The Brit said. "I just don't want to hang out in the woods making liquor. There has to be a cooler way to make money."

"We could become bank robbers," Karl said.

"That is too safe," I suggested.

"Yeah, I agree with Sylvia we would become bored in no time." The Brit said. I think we need to take up international exterminating contracts."

"We would be in competition with our old boss," I replied. "Wouldn't we?"

"They claim they never took a contract to kill anyone. People often die, but there was no plan for that to happen." Karl said.

"Well this one was it for me. They claim they do a threat assessment before they take these jobs. I got news for Martin, if he tries to tell me they didn't know this was coming down, I'm going to call him a liar." I said. The Brit at least nodded. Karl didn't acknowledge the remark, but I knew that he knew.

"Sylvia shit happens now and then," Karl said.

"It's up to you," I said.

"I know that if you have bugged out like we all agreed, The Brit and I would most likely be sleepin' with the fish now, but that don't make all this talking any more reasonable,

"Well it's okay Karl, I'll make sure the Colonel doesn't judge you by me," I said smiling.

"Or me either," The Brit said. "By the way Sylvia, you are going to loan us some money aren't you. The guys who took us in also took our money."

"Sure I still got all my expense money. Don't look like I'll be needing mine." I said.

"Well if you will give me a hundred bucks I'll find myself a chick that can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch." Karl said.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.