Deputy Porter - Cover

Deputy Porter

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

Chapter 176

"Sylvia you want to get some food. The kitchen staff cooked somethings before they left." The Brit said.

"No thanks, I think I want to spend my last hours hungry," I said.

"I don't think anyone is coming. I expect it is just more B.S. from the government," The Brit said.

"Well it won't be too long before we know," I said.

"Yeah, we will know soon. How about we get to the top of the wall and shoot down on the demonstrators." The Brit suggested.

"If we do that, they are going to swear they were just walking by and we fired on them. You know how these guys twist thing around. When they get through we will have went to their houses and forced them to come to the compound for us to shoot." I suggested.

"You are right the Russians will be coaching them on how to create an international incident." The Brit suggested. "It's a shame we have to worry about how things look as well as staying alive."

"Oh I agree, There is one thing we can do though," I suggested.

"What's that," Kurt asked.

"We can make some foo gas booby traps," I suggested. We all agreed that foo gas bombs might well be the difference in somebody getting away and there being no survivors."

Me and the Brit went and bought all the bottle soda the neighborhood grocery store had. We also bought all the dish washing soap available. Back at the compound we made napalm bottles with rag fuses to light. I felt pretty sure we could make them think twice about coming over the wall.

The demonstrations rolled by the consulate in the early evening. It was somewhat later when demonstrators climbed up on the compound walls. When I saw the first one I fired a warning shot directly over his head. Then just as fast as I can I put a round right six inches lower. I quickly made the .308 ready to fire again and waited.

"I like the napalm hand grenades, They will let us clear the wall but wouldn't compromise the structural integrity of it. With a little luck the glass punch bottles filled with 10 ounes of jellied gas. would buy us even more time.

"If there is one or two, we shoot them off the wall. but if there are a lot of them on top of the wall, we burn them off." Karl said.

"That's kind of what I thought as well. I am going to have to keep the .308 ready to fire. It has the best scope for the kind of use." I said.

"Actually I think the .308 is going to quickly become obsolete. If they come up with the number of men on the wall I think, it is going to be the gasoline and AK47s if we keep them out at all." Karl added.

"You know what we could do?"I asked.

"What could we do," he wanted to know.

"Find out where there headquarters is and drive a bomb into it," I suggested. "We could slip out and steal a car and drive it with a bomb inside into their hideaway."

"Let me call the CIA. Just to see what they know," He said as he walked into another room, so I wouldn't overhear him. He was gone about five minutes then came walking in. "We can't find them because there are four places they can meet. We could be at one while they were coming here and the place was unprotected. We have to stay right here."

"Isn't there something we can do?" I asked.

"There is one thing that can change the odds a little. But it also might be suicide," Kart said. One of us can go over to the Martinez house and set up a sniper post in one of the rooms. From there you can shoot into the yard and take down the odds some. However if the demonstration spills over to the Martinez house you will most likely die."

"Interesting, the Martinez house is empty according to the staff here," I said.

"Yes they may send a hit squad up to you. It maybe pure suicide," he said.

"How about sending someone to help me install myself up there," I said. "The rifle has a flash suppressor on it, so maybe I can disguise the fact that I'm there." I said before I left the consulate grounds.

Two guys helped me carry all the .308 and .12ga shotgun ammunition to the roof across the street. It was going to be a long shot but I planned to make as many of them as possible before the bad guys came for me. When they came I intended to make it just as difficult as possible for them to occupy the compound. Unlike the defenders in the compound I could fire on them outside the walls. Of course if and when they found my location, I was going to die. There was no escape from my rooftop perch.

The thing I really regretted was that I was cut off from my friends on what might be my last night on earth. I was all alone and freaking out. I knew that I needed to be with someone and not alone before this fight. The CIA station chief said he had it under control but no body believed him. We had a president who didn't want to rock the boat. Who though it was a weakness to take a stand. So since he wouldn't take a real stand the rest of us had to take a stand while out on a limb.

It would be a matter of principle except no one was sure what our principles were any more. Our positions were also flexible according to the politicians. We couldn't find a way for this to be flexible. The street thugs were coming to kill out people tonight, and the few of us who were here had to stop them. Unlike the politicians, if we couldn't stop them. we had to die trying.

I watched from the room as the groups started to form on the street. I felt like the majority of the people were harmless. They most likely just wanted to be seen but their friends taking a stand. There were always going to be a few bent on causing trouble. I at least had a couple of first class weapons to keep me company,

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.