Deputy Porter - Cover

Deputy Porter

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

Chapter 153

We had drank 12oz of very strong peppermint flavored shine the night before, so 5AM came way too early. Even so I was out the door to ride my bike first thing, hangover and all. I knew we had the answer to the bugs, but I didn't think I gave a shit. It was too early to care about anything.

I rode out to the plaza and back but I still had to go through the downtown to make the 2 hours I wanted to ride. There was a slight chill in the air that I only noticed when I stopped peddling. It just felt good, even in my hung over state. I rode back to the house and the Brit was gone.

I was in the tub, when he came back. I was so comfortable with him, that I didn't even try to cover up when he walked in. I just went on with my hair washing. He reached over to scoop the water for me. Then pour it over my head.

"You know, I could get used to you being around," I said with a smile.

"So could I," he said. Then of all things I got my first sisterly kiss in a lot of years. It was kinda nice for a change. I stood up and dressed right in front of him. I did it just as a matter of fact, not trying to be sexy or posing. I was just getting dressed. He took a turn in the bathroom and I washed his back then left while he dressed, Something about those two things bonded us in a different kind of way. A way I didn't understand at all, but I felt protective of the big ugly Brit all of a sudden. If we ever were on assignment together again that might get in the way. I knew it, but there was nothing I could do about it. We drove the car to Hardee's in the plaza for breakfast. I Ordered iced tea to drink with the biscuit full of animal fat. Then I found a table, as the Brit walk up placing his tray across from mine.

"I will have to run an extra five mile a day for a month, to get rid of all this animal fat," The Brit said smiling.

"You can always say no," I replied.

"I will say no, when I get back to the compound. I'm enjoying it right now. I'm on vacation. Haven't had a proper vacation for years." he informed me. "I got to tell you, that was some good Liquor. I hardly have a hangover at all.

I didn't get a chance to answer because I saw the latino male who looked a little lost entering Hardee's. I Stood and motioned him over. Tomas I'm Sylvia this is Brit. Suddenly The Brit began speaking Spanish to Tomas. I looked at the Brit hard.

He knew what I was thinking. "Just a little something I picked up in Columbia

"I hope you were on the right side," I said.

"I must have been, I can't go back there," he said laughing. He repeated it to Tomas in Spanish. There followed a conversation in Spanish. "I'm not trying to take over Sylvie but he speaks better Spanish. I told him that you need him on the job tomorrow morning, He needs to bring enough blocks and lumber to level the trailer and frame in the door. He is going to bring the door as well. That's just about all we can get done tomorrow." The Brit said. I had to laugh. "Okay I like this idea of what you are doing I want to see it come together," he said.

"Good, I don't have a problem with this at all. So how much money does he need?" I asked.

"He wants $300 he will bring the receipts and you can settle up at the end of the day." The Brit said. "If you don't have the cash, I got some."

"No you don't," I said. Tomas took the money and left to find something to do that paid, I presumed.

"We should go to the site and wait for the Grading contractor." I said.

"Right you are," The Brit said.

"Let's get one thing straight Brit. When you get comfortable and drift back to your native speech patterns. You do not call me old girl again. I will kick you ass." I said.

"You kick my ass? not bloody likely. Not even if you had two good hands," he said. "But I like that you would even try."

I laughed, "I don't just try I'll get you when you are sleeping. Use a bat and just beat the crap out of you." I said with a smile. We made it to the site quickly. Just as I expected no contractor.

I called Greg and was told the driver was on his way. When I hung up I called the county sanitation office. The man there told me I would need a septic system where I was located. He would be out after lunch to see if the land would perk what ever that meant.

"Have you arranged to have to county install a meter and shutoff valve for you?" he asked as a second thought.

"No, I had no idea I needed to do that," I said honestly.

"Well I'll have a crew out this afternoon as well. We can get you ready to go this afternoon on that." he said.

"What's that going to cost," I asked.

"No charge, you will be paying for it in your water bill," he said. "Try to be there after lunch to show them where you want the meter. I'll try to come out at the same time."

After that call I was stressing out. When the grading contractor pulled up with a small grader on a trailer pulled by a pickup, I was a little pissed. "Calm Sylvia, we can handle this." The Brit said.

"You here to do the drive way grading?" The Brit said cheerfully.

"I guess that's me. Do you just want that dive leveled out." he said looking at the drive where my Toyota sat.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.