Deputy Porter - Cover

Deputy Porter

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

Chapter 137

I had faith that the liquor was good, but it was made by the old man, so I wasn't 100% sure. Without that, it just sat on the floor of my kitchen in a corner like water or something.

I sat around for three days drinking coffee and riding my bike or trike around town. The Toyota only went out, when I went to the grocery store. I talked to the girl, who made sissy coffee at one of the coffee shops at the plaza. She told me what she thought was the secret of coffee stronger than that out of my pot. It wasn't more coffee grounds, it was to cook it longer. I had already investing in a one cup coffee maker, so I needed something I could run through it.

I was told there were blends of over the counter coffees, known for making a strong bitter coffee. I had been reheating regular blends to get that taste It was a taste I had grown accustomed to in the military, where the pot sat till it was empty. At one cup at a time, I could experiment with blending my own. First I bought a large plastic jug of dark roast blend from Maxwell House.

Since I already had a bag of morning blend, which was what we had used in those all night coffee pots, I expected to be ready to go. It was Tuesday after noon before I began my test of coffee blends. The cup I made with straight morning blend was fresh and tasted weak. What I needed was something to add the bodywhich sitting a few hours seemed to give to coffee.

So next I tried the full bodied model. I found it bitter but it was strong enough. So the answer was going to be to blend the coffees till they were close to how it liked it. then learn to live with that. I found that a fifty- fifty mix wasn't bad, but still not strong enough. So I went with about a 70-30 leaning toward the dark roast. It worked out to be close enough for me to live with. Of course by then I was so wired I couldn't sleep.

When I am wired and don't feel like going out, or if I been out and failed to find anyone, I go to the Internet. I can always go to the chat rooms and find someone who presents an absolutely perfect image of himself. I usually wind up masturbating with him. It was a harmless way to fall asleep and it worked just fine as always.

I awoke at 5 AM. It was almost light enough to ride the bike for a couple of hours. There was a lot of exertion going up hills, but at least half the time I was coasting down hill. To make up for it I rode two hours. I did it not because I was health nut, but because I really had nothing else to do. I mean I sat around squeezing a tennis ball, but that wasn't a fitness thing.

While I waited for sun up to ride, I made a strong a cup of the blended coffee. When I emptied the brew cup into my thermal cup. I added a little water and put it in the micro wave for thirty more seconds While the microwave reheated the coffee, I had time dump the grounds and dip the basket in the sanitizer, then rinse it.

While the microwave complained that I didn't take the coffee cup out fast enough, I sanitized the brew cup as well. Then I carried the coffee from the microwave to the table that looked through the glass in the back door and down the driveway. I sat at that table and just zoned out. Getting myself ready for the ride, that would have me start the day physically tired.

There was nothing moving as 6AM when I went down to remove the cover from my two wheeler. I removed the locking chain, checked the tires, then headed out. I rode the bike around the empty city streets then out to the plaza. I had decided to go the cafe on the square for breakfast. I had eaten there often before I got the bike. It would be nice to catch up on the real people's gossip. I had already caught up on the cop gossip with a trip out to Hardee's in the plaza. It was after 8am, when I parked the bike in front of the Cafe on the Square. I did not lean the bike against their plate glass window. I leaned it against the brick wall, which separated the Cafe's window from the News Stand's window.

I waved to the young girl of questionable origin, who ran it the newsstand /used book store, then went into the cafe. "Good morning Cat," I said to the waitress who had rescued several of the stray cats, I found when I ran in the downtown.

"Why Miss Sylvia I saw you riding your bike around town. I wondered when you was gonna stop in?" She was gently scolding me.

"I eat a lot of cereal these days. They tell me it's better for my heart." I replied pushing back just a little at her food. "So how many cats you got now?"

"I got them same four you and me found. If you don't never do another good thing, you done one when you found them poor cats." She said placing a cup of that awful restaurant coffee in front of me.

"Who made your sausage?" I asked with a grin.

"I got some of my Uncle Jim's sausage, I been saving it for someone special. I guess a crippled up old lady will do. Since no good looking men come in here no more." she said smiling.

"I might be crippled up but I bet you I could show you a thing or two," I said, and the patrons laughed. They all thought I was gay, so I played the part of a Butch for them. You got any of those eggs that come from your sister's hens?"

"No, but I'm on a first name basis with the hens, they do come from." She said.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.