Deputy Porter - Cover

Deputy Porter

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

Chapter 127

"Why." Tom asked. "I mean I went along, but really why did we do that. You said we should keep a low profile in these strange towns, So why"

"Okay, I like riddles and puzzles, that's why I obsessed about the warehouse/nightclub. I am betting the night club masked the comings and goings at night from the warehouse. It would also mask any noise there might be coming from the aliens. They aren't illegals coming in over the Mexican border. Most likely they were Eastern European women coming in as stowaways. They would be for those dating websites. There is lots of demand for white women for those sites, I had been told. Either way that was my best guess."

"Why would they be here in Miami?" Tom asked.

"The port of Miami is a busy place a couple of containers get lost, so what. The shipping container get loaded on a truck and the truck winds up here. The women leave one prison and are back in another. They repackage their human shipment and send them out all over the country." Tom looked skeptical so I added, "It's only a guess."

We stopped at Walmart and did our shopping. From there we went to the arena for a morning check in with the roadies. They were on schedule and were ready for the musicians, if you could call them that.

I check in with Joan via the phone. "Where are you?" I asked.

"We are at the motel. Are you and the old man at the venue?" She asked.

"Yep, the roadies are almost through with the stage. We are going now to check the dressing rooms. Put the bus driver on and I'll give him the most secure entry point."

"He is out getting the bus serviced," Joan said. "He took it in after he dropped us off, and it's not ready yet. He must have slept in the bus."

"Call and let me know when he shows up. Let me know if it's not the same driver, and let me know if he is acting nervous," I said to Joan.

"You worry too much," she said.

"Yes and that is why you trust me," I said. We both knew that it was true.

"Okay my captain, I will let you know," she promised with a laugh.

"Good," I said. I pulled the stadium up on my GPS as we walked to the locker rooms where the band would wait. They were going to arrive in costume, so they wouldn't need to change.

"So we bring the bus in on Homestead Avemie. They go straight to the dressing room to wait until the home band finished playing. Then we walk them out on the field and wait till the finished. Then we walk them back and put them on the bus. They will want to stop in the dressing room for some quiet time."

"You mean to get high again," Tom said derisively.

"I have no idea how they alter their mood or why. I just want him alive when he gets on the tour bus, then he is Joan's problem." I said.

"I can dig it," Tom said. "Do the kid's still say that?"

"I don't think so, but then I'm not a kid either," I said.

"Shame," Tom said.

I wasn't sure how he meant it considering his sexual proclivities, so I didn't answer. Instead I asked "So want to go to lunch?"

"Sure, if you do, it is fine with me," Tom said.

"If you don't have an preference, then we will eat closer to the time they are to arrive here. That way maybe my blood sugar won't crash during the concert and make me sleepy." I said. I was actually thinking more of Tom than me.

"If not that, what do you want to do now?" Tom said.

I'm sure the college over there has WIFI, lets steel it and see what's on Ebay," I suggested.

"Cool," Tom said, "so they do still say that don't they."

"I have no idea," I replied again.

"Tell you what," Tom suggested. "Let's kill two birds with one shot. Let's go through one of those drive-in places, and eat while we explore the Internet."

"That sounds like a good idea," I agreed.

The drive through we chose had baked potato sticks, and grilled cheese on the take out menu. I went that route, while Tom went for the Philly steak sub. I knew he wouldn't like it, but I said nothing.

We pulled into the parking lot of a classroom building. I did some snooping around and found a good signal. So we hijacked the signal and used my laptop to search Ebay for items neither of intended to buy.

"This is not a Steak and Cheese sub," Tom said. "It's some beef and cheese shit but it is not a Philly Steak and Cheese."

"Yeah I'm sure, but you know the grilled cheese, is a grilled cheese. The potato sticks are baked," I suggested. I also secretly had a good laugh at his expense.

After about half an hour Tom asked, "When is this Swamp Dog thing going to declare me worthy of being a full time employee?"

"I got no idea who they really are, or how they work. All I know is they pay me on time, and they don't question the expenses. Of course I'm not cheating them either. They may be doing a background on you, before they decide." I suggested.

"That's a waste of their time," he said.

"They probably got a secretary at the home office who is tasked with wasting her time," I suggested with a laugh to lighten the mood.

"They pay good and I like the work. I would like to stay to the end of the tour at least." Tom said.

"We all work at the whim of that bitch Joan," I said.

"Yeah, what did your last partner do to get fired?" Tom asked.

"I guess his penis wasn't as long or strong as he thought." Tom looked lost. "He was screwing Joan, and she decided to replace him for no reason. At least none that I could see." I explained. "You knew that she could do that?"

"Yeah, that's why I let you deal with her. Joan likes you best," Tom said.

"She might like you best, if she got to know you," I said.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.