Deputy Porter - Cover

Deputy Porter

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

Chapter 54

I returmed home again about 5AM. I fell into bed with work stink all over me. I fell asleep thinking about all I had to do to get ready for the move. First of course I had to tell Jennifer that I was leaving. I didn't think that a motel would require any notice. I was paid up till Sunday so I could use the weekend to move. I decided that much before I fell asleep.

When I woke it was noon, so I dressed in my running outfit, which was no more than a pair of fleece lined pants and a sweat shirt pulled over the tee shirt I slept in. I did pull on a light weight parka usually worn over a pistol. I skipped the pistol on my run that day, as I did most days. I did slide the box opener into the pocket of the parka. Anyone who grabbed me from behind was in for a big assed surprise.

I had already decided to tell Jennifer that I was moving, when I returned to the motel. Toward the end of my run, I stopped by Mary Ellen's shop. "Hello there chick," I said to her.

"Hello Sylvia," she said. I could see that there were women looking at clothes and Angel tell them all how great they looked. No matter how they really looked.

"I just stopped by to give you this," It was a small index card with my new address hand written on it. It gave the house number then said under that it's the Garage Apartment at the end of the drive way.

She looked carefully at it then said, "Thanks Sylvia, I have been thinking about you. I'll give you a call on you cell sometime soon."

"Okay, but I'm going to be moving this weekend," I said. Then I turned to the door and literally ran away. It felt good to finally begin to prepare for a move. I didn't realize how much I wanted a place of my own, Telling people I had a new place, made the whole thing finally seem real.

"Jennifer, I need to talk to you," I said upon my return to the motel.

"Sure Sylvia, you need more towels or something?" she asked.

"No Jennifer, I'm going to move," I said hanging my head a little.

"Oh hell honey, don't feel bad. You were here longer than I expected. You have been here almost eight months, How are you fixed for towel and stuff?" she asked.

"I don't have anything," I said.

"Well if you don't mind motel towels, I have bought new ones. You can have as many as you want of the ones you are using now," She said.

"Damn that's nice of you," I said.

"You're welcome, now don't you be a stranger hear. I know Sarah in the lounge will want you to stop buy there. She is always telling me you make the place feel safer."

"I will do it, and thanks" I said.

"You are welcome honey," Jennifer said.

I was back in my room five minutes later making lists of things I needed to do, and things I needed to buy. The apartment came with appliances, but thats all the kitchen had. It was empty other than a stove, refrigerator, and plumbing fixture from the twenties.

Before I got anything done it was time for dinner. I microwaved a TV dinner. I quickly added microwave to my list of things I needed. I had a thought which made me laugh. I screwed a seventy year old men for a bunch of small kitchen appliances. I actually did laugh out loud at the thought,

After dinner I had time to go to ebay to look up things. I had no plan to buy anything big but it was nice to use them as a price guide. To give me an idea if I was paying too much for something. I also used Walmart on line for that as well. I planned to buy some things from Walmart on line and make one trip into Dobson for them all.

I had towels and wash cloths from the motel but I needed sheets and blankets from Walmart. I had so much to do before I could move, but first I had to go to work.

Learner and I were assigned to track down a meth lab that had set up to replace the one I helped to shut down. So we drove all over the county talking to people about strange smells or lots of coming and going from old farms or abandoned houses, We got nowhere by midnight.

From midnight till four we checked up and down the roads for anything out of the ordinary. We had to fill in on a warrant being served in the middle of the night. We searched a two story house for the man who was supposed to be living there. We came up empty. The whole damn night was a waste.

Learner and I met for coffee before we checked out. It was 3AM so close to the end of shift. "So it's almost the weekend what you planning?" he asked.

"I'm got to move. I just rented an apartment, I am going to be busy with that."

"Ah I see, I bet you have a lot of shit to move," he said.

"No, that's my problem I have nothing. I have to buy literally everything. I'm going to spend all day tomorrow turning on utilities then trying to find somewhere to buy everything I need," I said.

"So you like to shop," Learner asked.

"Not at all," I said smiling. "I'm just not organized."

"Okay today is Thursday, turn on your utilities so you have heat and water first thing," he said.

"Okay that makes sense," I said.

"Our shift ends Friday morning, so go home get a few hours sleep, then go to the Walmart in Dobson. You can buy linens, pots and pan, ect there. You can get your small appliances that you just have to have there as well. I'm sure you want a microwave so get it at the same time."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.