Deputy Porter
Chapter 34

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

The time seemed to be going by faster than before. I still hated the time I ran, every damn second of the thirty minutes. All I could hope for was that it passed quickly and it did.

I looked for something to occupy my mind and it come lately in the form of the party at Gypsy Allen's house. The question was also in my mind was what in the world did they do there. What had gotten the 7year old killed was of course the big question. Of course there was alway the who dun it.

By the time I made it into the shower, I had reviewed all the fact and tried out all the theories to no avail. I still had no idea. I did know that I was going to find out something later that day. The hippie pot grower was going to ID the big shot electrician. The electrician could make a deal to save his ass or not. It was up to him.

As for me it was time to see which petty little thing I would spend my morning making a report on. A report was necessary for the insurance companies to pay off. So everyone had to have one, even though they knew their shit was forever gone. Still it gave me something to do between the fun things.

One of those fun things happened with a Ford Explorer blowing through a stop sign right in front of me. I pulled in behind him to write him a ticket, but when I lite him up, he decided that he would have none of it. He took off on the run,

He hit fifty miles an hour in a school zone and that worried me. Kids were likely to be getting out of parked cars. We were fortunate nobody was on the street by 9AM. I was close enough to read the license plate. The dispatcher gave me his record while I chased him, I really didn't care at the moment, I just wanted to get him stopped. I came close to losing control of the Bronco more than once, Butch tried to get ahead of him and set up a roadblock, but he kept changing his route.

The highway patrol joined in the chase. I was glad to see it. I didn't care who got the credit, I just wanted to find out why he ran. I had a feeling it had something to do with what was in the back of that explorer. Why else would you run in a pick up. There were other reasons, like you stole it but I just had a feeling about it.

In the end he ran into the spike strips of a Highway Patrol road block. I pulled over in a hurry to avoid them. My bronco almost went into a ditch, but that was preferable to telling Chief Deputy Webster I hit the Highway Patrol spike stick. Since the Highway Patrol pulled them out of the road immediately after the runner hit them, for me to hit the stick I had to be going to fast and I had to be too close to the runner. It would have meant that I had not followed protocol.

I was in hot pursuit and never lost contact, so I was allowed to take charge of the prisoner and the truck. The truck proved to be filled with gallon plastic jugs, the kind used for milk, and moonshine. Obviously he wasn't carrying milk. The SBI crime scene team came over and picked up the pickup truck. It was going to be a all day report writing event.

When I got to the court house, after dropping the runner, one Robert Blossom, aka Bosco, off at county lock up, I ran into Simpson. I was tried and in no mood for levity but he tried it anyway.

"What are you doing Deputy Porter? Are you trying single handedly to cause jail over crowding in Warren County. He said it then laughed. He stopped laughing when I looked at him with the stare that has made grown men cringe. I'm not unique in that. All women have one, I think.

"So tell me what we learned from the electric man?" I demanded.

"He folded up like a deck chair, when I told him I was going to call his wife's attorney. He doesn't want to hear about it in the divorce hearing. Anyway the parties just started move around now that Allen got himself killed. Mostly nothing they do is illegal. It's immoral and they are all going to hell no doubt, but nothing but the pot is illegal. The get a little high take off their clothes and swap husband and wives. His wife wasn't into it, so she never went either.

"So, it is just because they want to keep their reputation clean, is why they don't just say 'Yeah I was there so what.' Take the little pot hit and clean up their act." I said knowing I wasn't rushing to tell what I knew either.

"That and the last two time it was at Allen house it got weird," Simpson said. "Even worse than usual. They had been having live sex shows all along. Seems most of them were willing to have sex with others while being watched."

"Please don't tell me they were abusing that little girl," I said.

"Okay I won't tell you, but it seemed like mild stuff," Simpson said.

Oh course I could tell him there is no mild stuff when you are seven. It all is the same. Showing daddy you panties is no better or worse that showing him your pee pee.

"Well that something I guess, but what happened to cause someone to kill Jenny?" I asked.

"No idea, but it wasn't at the party that night. At least that is what our horny electrician says." Simpson informed me.

"Well I guess that puts you back to square one," I said.

"Not quite, we are going to the party," he said with a smile.

"What do you mean we pale face," I asked.

"Okay, we are going to crash it. I assume you would volunteer to come see who the kinkos are," he said.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.