The Mountain Man
Chapter 16

Copyright© March 2009 by FelixRex

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 16 - An orphaned loner builds a new life in the mountains he loves. He is confronted by an orphaned female and struggles with her and himself as they strive to build a new life together. The story has at least 6 parts though the first part is mainly character and plot development. Please be patient.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Mult   Consensual   Incest   Brother   Sister   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Lactation   Pregnancy   Voyeurism   Slow  

Spring arrived and another trip to the ranger's cabin was in order. Their list of supplies was becoming more and more varied, depending on the needs of the expanding family.

They had started thinking of themselves – all of them – in that singular term. They were still two family units but in reality, they were one. Only their sexual lives were separate, and that didn't change. The children were separate, true, but even they thought of themselves as siblings. It was going to be difficult, the adults saw, to tell and show them that they weren't physically related, especially since their respective parents were so close. Playing together, bathing together and sleeping together had reinforced the notion that they were brother and sister, and changing that would be a challenge.

A change – more like a modification – had come over Tom and Julie. Tom had been a throwback, a mountain man, before he had encountered Julie, and she had turned into a mountain woman after the same encounter. Their friendship with George and Jenny was very good indeed but it had subtlety changed them. It wasn't that they disliked the change, it was that it was unexpected: they had become domesticated. They still loved the mountains, to be sure, but they were no longer the throwback mountain man and woman that they once were. They relished their life with George and Jenny, and the children were a blessing that both of them had quickly grown to love and accept. There was never any desire to move from their mountains into the town below but they knew that they were going to have to give up something of their mountain independence in order to have the life that they now desired. Personal, intimate relationships with other people had previously been difficult for them but now they had established that very type of relationship with each other and another couple. All of them shared the common love of the mountains and the independent life that it offered, but the interdependence with each other was something that all of them would have to work on.

George and Jenny were going through a life change of their own. They were products of town living, though each of them had come to love the mountains. They would never be the mountain couple that Tom and Julie had evidently become but they weren't the 'townies' that they had been. The mountains – and Tom and Julie – had changed them. Their friendship – and relationship – that had matured in the past couple of years had been cemented in the warmth of a shared cabin in the middle of a bitter winter. Their respective children had become the frosting on a delicious cake of shared experiences, complex emotions and intimacy. Adam and Eve had been nourished by each other's mother into a bond that was almost impossible to break. Both couples – Tom and Julie and George and Jenny – were finding it very difficult to break up the relationship that they had formed, even to the point of moving into a cabin nearby. Before they could make the trip down to the ranger's cabin, they would have to decide where they wanted to live, who they were, and most importantly, what they were.

The family conference that followed was one of the most intense that they had experienced.

Uncharacteristically, George opened the subject. He and Jenny had spent long hours in bed talking about moving. That subject quickly ground to a halt as the more complex issues of how Eve – and Adam – would react to the separation, and how even they would cope without Tom and Julie. Like Indians circling the pioneer wagons, they probed the issues carefully, looking for an opening that would lead them to an answer. The effects on the children were thought to be paramount but both of them soon came to the realization that it was them – George and Jenny – that had to decide what they wanted to do. Eve would adapt, as all children do, to whatever decision that her parents made. The more they talked, though, the more they came to the inescapable conclusion that they just didn't want to leave. As far as they were concerned the friendship that had developed was now something more, much more. They were as tied to Tom and Julie as if they were married to them, and that realization struck them like lightning.

"What are we going to do?" Jenny tearfully asked. "We are all part of each other now and we can't just leave. I don't even think I could survive without Julie. She's more than my friend, even more than my sister. I almost feel like I'm ... ma ... married to her!"

George reluctantly agreed. He didn't feel the same closeness to Tom that Jenny felt to Julie but he acknowledged that there was an extremely strong bond with him. The women had shared a special closeness with each other, even nursing each others babies. That was something that George could see, but as a man, could not totally understand. He and Tom had shared all of the outside tasks of building, hunting, protecting, and even helped their women through childbirth. All of their work together had brought them much closer, but that significant task, birthing, had bonded them, too, and they – in a fundamental way – looked at themselves as co-fathers of the children.

"I don't feel like I'm married to Tom" George said, "but I think I feel much like you do. Tom is more than my friend now. We've shared so much in the past few years. I've known him longer than you've known them, so we were good friends before I knew you. In the past year, though, we've shared a lifetime's experience with building this place up, that trip last fall with the large pack train and the early snow and the winter in the cabin with them and the kids. I don't want to leave either, but it's not just up to us. Tom and Julie have to know how we feel. I think I know how they feel but I'm not totally sure. We're going to have to risk it and tell them."

"You're right, George." Jenny said sadly, "But I don't think they want us to leave either. We are different now, all of us. Even though we don't share a common bed, we do share common lives and our children are as emotionally connected as we are. Our neighbors have become our family."

George and Jenny found Tom and Julie and invited them to a family conference. Tom and Julie had independently come to the same conclusion that George and Jenny had, and were not looking forward to the time of parting.

"Tom," George started, "Jenny and I have to tell you how we feel. Both of you have more than likely heard us talking in bed but what we concluded is more than either of us can believe."

"Yes, we've heard you talking but not what about. That's your business alone." Tom said.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.