Don't Go Breaking My Heart?
Chapter 1

 

Back when I was turning nine years old, I started singing!

Every song on the radio, every song I heard, I sang along with. I would always ask if I could hear the song again, from the beginning if possible. I sang and whoever was around to listen ... was my audience.

By the time I was eleven I was entering competitions. That was also when my nine-year-old sister asked to sing with me. She was cute and everything, but I was a solo act!

Dad made it perfectly clear that I was to give my sister a chance, so I had a kind of 'audition' for her, up in my room. I asked her to select something and sing along with it. She selected Carly Simons song, "Nobody Does it Better."

"All right Joanie, that's a pretty song, for a pretty girl!" I said with a smile.

"Well, sing it with me, please?" she said, giving me such a look—it melted me.

"OK, you start it and I'll come in."

"Thanks Jerry, I won't let you down!"

She was always listening to me sing, always watching how I did different things. I sure hope that she doesn't suck—I started the song.

"Nobody does it better
Makes me feel sad for the rest
Nobody does it half as good as you
Baby you're the best"

HOLY CRAP! She's great—I started singing with her.

"I wasn't looking,
but somehow you found me
I tried to hide from your love light,
but like heaven above me
the spy who loved me
is keeping all my secrets safe tonight"

During the interlude she looked at me funny!

"The way that you hold me
whenever you hold me
There's some kind of magic inside you... "

The song kept going, but by now I was hugging my sister because she is so good and so pretty.

I saw Mom and dad in the doorway, both crying as the song finished.

"Thanks Jerry, I've been wanting you to hear me sing. Go back to being a solo act, you're very good," Joanie said.

"Hell No, sis—We're a team now, you and me—unless you don't want to sing with me?"

"Kids," mom said rubbing tears away, "That was so beautiful—your voices blended perfectly. I don't know where you got the singing talent you have, but that doesn't matter. You're good enough to win anything you two enter."

Dad remarked, "It was very good, although watching my kids sing a love song to one another seemed strange."


That was how it all started, back in '77. Mom and dad got us some matching performance clothes, only three sets since we would be growing out of them rather quickly.

By the time I was sixteen and she was fourteen, we were a local phenomenon, having won everything in our region, even performing at school dances for money.

This was 1983, before TV shows like The Voice, American Idol and X Factor; so finding places to perform was getting more difficult.

Now, my sister Joan went from cute and precocious, to a knockout with beautiful eyes, a great looking butt and ... a nice pair of tits. Not too big, but she realized I liked them, by glancing every now and then, but looking up into her eyes.

Some of our favorite music was from Air Supply, "Every Woman in the World," "All Out of Love" and "Here I Am" were our favorites. Audiences got a kick out of us singing "Young Love" and "Two Less Lonely People in the World," as well.

We had some upbeat songs as well, like Aerosmith's "Dream On" and Belinda Carlisle's "We Got the Beat."

We were up in my room practicing and Joan wanted to learn something new—something current. I turned on the radio and we heard the newest from Culture Club, "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?"

We turned to look at each other and we both broke out in laughter.

Next up was Spandau Ballet's "True" and this time we went crazy—"Yes," Joanie said. I grabbed her by the hand, went downstairs, saying, "Going to the Music store to buy some new music, back in 15!"

I got us to World Records and asked for the song by itself. I had to buy the whole CD, but I got it and we got it home and ran upstairs.

We listened to it once all the way through, talking about who would sing what - I started it,

"Ha, ha-ha, haaaa, ha
Ha, ha-ha, haaaa, ha"

"So true
Funny how it seems
Always in time
But never in line for dreams
Head over heels
When toe to toe
This is the sound of my soul
This is the sound"

"I bought a ticket to the world
But now I've come back again
Why do I find it hard to write the next line
Oh, I want the truth to be said"

"Ha, ha-ha, haaaa, ha
I know this much is true
Ha, ha-ha, haaaa, ha
I know this much is true... "

At this point we were both singing and very close to one another. I gave her a kiss.

She stayed in the beat, but a bigger grin was on her face.

During the musical interlude she gave me a kiss, we both stopped singing and put our arms around each other and had a knockdown drag out kiss, with open mouths and tongues.

When the singing started up again, we separated and were looking at each other, wondering what exactly just happened. We let the song play out, as we sat down waiting for it to finish.

We both started talking, but stopped.

"What just happened Joan?"

"You kissed me first, so I just returned it, so to speak," she said.

"That sure didn't feel like a brother sister kiss," I said.

"No, Jerry—it felt ... it felt like love to me!"

"You mean ... like we were lovers—like Mom and dad?" I remarked.

"That's exactly how it felt to me—Can we kiss again, Jerry?" she asked.

I moved over and got her in my arms and we were just about to kiss, when from outside my door, "Dinner!"

As we walked down the stairs, Dad said, "That's a new song and it sounded great—you two. When are you singing again for the masses?"

"Don't really know Dad?" I said, pulling the chair out for Joan, as she sat.

"What about that new TV show, Star Search, you're a vocal group?" Mom said, putting the meatloaf and the mashed potatoes on the table. "Jerry get the milk to the table please?"

I got up and found a new one in the fridge and opened it. I poured my sister and I some and handed it to Dad.

"Your sister is turning you into a young man with wonderful manners. You'll make a good husband some day, Jerry," dad said.

"Not yet Daddy, we have to make a bunch of money singing first. I want to be a Star someday!" Joan said.

"You're already a Star as far as I'm concerned, Sis."

I gave her a kiss on the cheek and we all settled into eating dinner.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.