Zombies and Tigers and Swords, Oh My! - Cover

Zombies and Tigers and Swords, Oh My!

Copyright© 2012 by Crunchy

Chapter 5

I was jolted awake in the morning early, just getting light, by the motor home rocking sharply. I was only startled for a moment, until I realized it would be the Mysterious Ms. Tiger returning from her morning stroll. She stuck her head down her personal roof access kitty door dangling the bleeding form of a dead kid. A goat, not a human kid. I asked her to please eat it outside, or on the roof to avoid a stinky mess, and she looked at me as if to say "I know that dummy, I was just showing you what I got!"

I felt like apologizing to her, her attitude was so clear. I think she was offering me a share as well, but while I appreciated the gesture, I had plenty of

food I could get as long as I had my trusty can openers, and it would take too long to cook anything, and she might object to me barbequeing any of her catch. I think she expected me to just eat it raw like she did. "nassty hobbitses, spoiling the nice juicy meeet!"

We were done here, and I don't think she would mind riding up top as long as I went slow. I kept it under twenty, and I think she enjoyed the breeze, keeping the scent of gas away as she enjoyed her breakfast. I didn't check, later, how much she had eaten or saved for later, I didn't think it wise to show curiosity over a tiger's prey.

Crap, I should have picked up a map, at least that way I could avoid driving into any populated areas. Formerly populated areas anyway, now they would just be heavily zombie infested areas. I saw a sign for a State Park, and pulled in. The Savage Ms. Tiger jumped down before I could get out, and put down a few zombies.

I walked into the ranger station sword in hand, and snicker-snacked two weak and scrawny looking zombies in stinky uniforms who had been trapped inside, unable to decipher the doorknob, and picked up some maps. Meanwhile, Ms. Tiger was getting a cool drink from a nearby creek. It made me think- Not only didn't I know who let the cats (and critters) out, but I didn't know if someone had let the zombies out. I meant, the brain dead.

Gotta be politically correct, dontcha know. Naw, it took a few days, there were probably lots of people wandering around for whatever reason before becoming

infected. I bet there were lots of trapped zom- er brain dead in various apartments and houses still. However, before the power went out, a lot could have exited stores and hospitals that had automatic doors.

I suppose someone running from a zombie mob might neglect to take the time to shut the doors behind them, or might open a door not realizing there were zombies on the other side. Contrary to popular fiction, zombies are quiet, no moaning or attempts

at recruitment. No infectious bites, as far as I knew, either, and they weren't dead, just brain dead. They breathe, and bleed, and eat, and shit themselves, and

probably fart and stomach rumble. They would all be dead in a few months no doubt.

Ok, I admit it, I was just trying not to get my hopes up, but there is a hidden leadership goal I had been not admitting to, hiding from myself. To find company,

specifically, female company. While you are at it, all powerful deity who just let mankind erase himself, I wouldn't mind a bit if she was nice, easy on the eyes, and got on well with the Touchy Ms. Tiger.

Ok, that was a bit unfair, but it could happen, and after all, I was Ms. Tiger's pet person, so the potential for jealousy existed. Counting my chicks

prematurely, at this point. Note to self: In the event of encountering survivors I wanted to keep, convince the Lady Tiger that she had acquired additional pets.


The Wacky Ms. Tiger has acquired another pet. We have adopted into our tribe a dog. I have to admit, he is a noble beast, reminds me of Yojimbo. Ok, now named Jimbo. I think he must have some wolf, to give him that quiet judging demeanor. Hey, maybe he could be the leader? He would make a good pack leader. He is huge, and very much dog shaped, optimal, not the varieties humans breed for.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.