The Guardian Angel
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2012 by JPM

I know. I know. I should take the suggestions of some of you: delete the previous chapter, and place the text into my blog. As one commenter said, he is here to read stories that have substance; that avoid religion and politics. And he warned me that I would rate high in technical, low in plot and appeal.

I happened to look at the stats not long after the comments came in. There was an 8, 1, 1 and I knew I had offended at least one person out there with the travels of my story.

I say travels as I know I'm all over the place in writing my memoirs. I just might throw some of ya'll for a loop and start writing like Wes Boyd or Frank Downey. Setting a scene and painting a picture in the reader's mind. Fitting in dialogue that carries the story line in a reasonable fashion.

Then again, as I said at some point, these are my words and I'll stick by them.

I do apologize if any others were offended by my callous foray into politics and religion. I know that I usually avoid the topics myself unless something really sets me off. Then I jump in and write my comments in an attempt to counter balance the craziness I see going on all around us.

Did anyone else find themself avoiding going to a movie after the massacre in Colorado? I'm nearly afraid to go anywhere that a crowd might be. And I hope that our entertainment centers do not turn to the safety screening equipment, and methods, that we have at our airports.

See?! My mind wanders and the words get typed as I contemplate my life. How I got to this point. How the hidden memories in my past affected all things that make up "me".

I am sitting at a computer in my basement. I walked down the 12 steps on the stairway, turned the corner, walked straight back to the brown desk sitting there. I turned on the light switch for this section of the room and sat down in the chair.

The air conditioner (we have a heat pump) fan just kicked on as I started typing these words. This low hum in the background is my white noise. I do have the Eagles playing on Itunes; their melodies are coming through nicely over the speakers.

On my left is a Rubbermaid shelving unit. The 18 gallon lidded containers (there are four of them) contain all of our camping supplies. I had recently moved out two of these containers to look for the marshmallow roasting tongs we keep in there. They are 12 inches long, and telescope out to 2 feet so you can roast the marshmallow in the fire. It sure helps to keep everyone safe in doing the activity.

I had forgotten how much we had packed away in those containers. I pulled out two flashlights (one actually worked!) and will take them upstairs for emergency use. And yes, I'll put in a fresh supply of batteries.

That's me. The battery, candle, lightbulb, you name it replacing man. Toilet paper. It gets down to the last half inch, replaced! Toothpaste down to the last twist on the tube, replaced! I could go on and on but I will not bore you any longer on this subject.

So, how about the Olympics? I like to see the pagentry and how well the athletes do in their respective events. I have to say it is very cool to hear the national anthems of the many countries. It sure doesn't hurt to hear the Star Spangled Banner being played also!

Perhaps I will take this into the blog also. I really do want to continue on with the Guardian Angel and hope to do so when I'm all fixed up here. Oh, did I forget to mention I'm broken? I think some may have gathered that in reading any of my previous ramblings on here.

Broken, but beginning to mend and feeling so much better about myself and the world. Sure, I get sidelined when disasters occur or crazy people do crazy things. I think we can safely say that is part of our lives here in 2012. We take the punches to our guts and turn around and find a way to overcome. We have to. It is what makes us HUMAN.

Will those little girls in Iowa be found safe? I sure do hope so. Will the survivors of Colorado overcome their injuries (mental and physical) and become better than they were? I can only hope that their families and friends will remain by their sides through it all.

Bath, Pa. Columbine. Amish schoolhouse. Priests. Politicians. All human. All swayed to do rotten things to nice people.

I think I need to get drunk. LOL. I haven't had a mixed drink in years. I did have a beer or two last month. Before that, probably years also. I try not to really think about it too much. I know my habitual nature could get me too far into the drinking realm. I just do not want to go there.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.