Warriors of the Stars I: Learning Curve
Chapter 2: The Call

Copyright© 2012 by Mason Fincham

While this story does take place in the main area of Tokyo, the specific city is known as Kiyose. It is there that two friends are spending the evening discussing various things, such as their lives and how long it's been since they've seen each other.

The young man present is named Kojiro Musashi. He stands five-feet, eleven inches tall, has silver hair down to his lower back that he keeps in a ponytail, and has electric blue eyes.

The young woman that Kojiro is visiting is named Kasumi Akira. She stands only five-feet, seven inches tall, has sandy blonde hair that she keeps in a short ponytail, and a lovely set of jade green eyes.

Kojiro and Kasumi have been friends since they met in Central Tokyo some years ago on a school field trip. Though they always lived far apart from one another when they were little, they always stayed in touch via phone calls or letters. When she was finally old enough, she moved to the City of Kiyose and got an apartment fairly close to Kojiro's home, about two blocks away.

While Kasumi went to college and had a job as a graphic designer for various businesses in the area, Kojiro owned and operated Musashi Kempo, his family's martial arts dojo. He inherited it when he was twenty-two, and has lived there on the property ever since in the living area behind the dojo itself.

I'm sorry for getting off the subject, but I just thought that you would like to know what they looked like, as well as some history, as they will become very important later on. Anyway, they are currently discussing something that has happened to Kasumi as of late.

Two days ago, the Zodiac Sign for Gemini had appeared on her left hand. Whenever she had tried to wash it off or have it removed, it would always appear in the same place, drawn in royal blue. She was currently enlisting Kojiro in helping her research this occurrence, although he was beginning to get a bit irritated from looking at nothing but rumors and gossip.

"Kasumi, this is getting ridiculous." groaned Kojiro.

"Well, there's got to be a reason why it appeared so suddenly!" shouted Kasumi.

"'Sumi-chan," said Kojiro, using his special nickname for her and continuing, "You have to admit. While it IS weird, you may not find a reason for it happening."

"Koji-kun, I have to have a reason for this. Symbols don't suddenly appear on your body and nothing happens." groaned Kasumi.

"I agree with you there, but it's getting late. I DO have a 7:00am class I need to sleep for." said Kojiro as he stood up and stretched. As he did, he took a quick look around Kasumi's living room to make sure he wasn't forgetting anything. He quickly scanned the bare coffee table, gray sofa, computer desk, and television stand.

"You're right," said Kasumi as she yawned and continued, "Some sleep would be nice right about now."

"I promise you, everything will be okay." said Kojiro as he hugged her and Kasumi returned the hug.

"I know, I just need to sleep. Good night, Kojiro." said Kasumi.

"Good night, Kasumi. I'll text you that I got home okay." said Kojiro as he began his walk home.

While Kojiro walked home, he was questioning the probability of random symbols just appearing like that on someone's body. He was even so lost in his thoughts that he bumped into someone walking in the other direction.

"Sorry about that." said Kojiro as he waved at the young man in the black trench coat.

"Just watch it, airhead." growled the man as he glared with his steel blue eyes at Kojiro, who continued walking away.

The young man then ran his fingers through his thin black hair and looked up at the building that contained Kasumi's apartment. He smiled a smile that reeked of pure evil, and finally said,

"Soon, Gemini, you will have absolutely nothing to worry about. All I need is just one more night." Laughing, the man walked away without further incident.

Kojiro walked the two blocks from his home, and changed into his black sleep pants. He texted Kasumi like he promised he would, and quickly drifted off to sleep after saying "Good night" to Kasumi once again.

But, while he slept, the symbol for Scorpio appeared unnoticed on Kojiro's own right hand...

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.