Invasion - Cover

Invasion

Copyright© 2012 by 2 flags

Chapter 41

It was total confusion when they stepped out of the portal. There were women rushing about everywhere, like headless chickens. Janice and Martha were quickly rushed into a healing chambers by Eve, Silvie and another woman that Tom and Tony did not recognise.

“Crystal,” Hugh held out his arm as the woman rushed to him.

Eve quickly came over as she and Ilsa assisted Tom into a healing chamber.

“What happened? I thought you had beaten the slavers.”

“So did we. We were making our way back to the bank when we were attacked. The crowd and our bodyguards took care of them. As far as I am aware, none escaped. They literally tore them apart. Anyway, we’re back now.”

“Well, you’ve certainly caused a stir, what with Paul bringing back Janice and the children. I’ll tell you what, we’re having great trouble keeping the other greeters out. That young Thomas is a real cutie. All the girls want to hold him. It’s the nearest any of them will ever get to motherhood. It’s the first time most of them have even held a baby.”

“Well, now that I’m here, I guess that I’ll have to do my best to get you all pregnant.”

With that Aurora came over. and said, “Oh, goody, you’re here now. Come on. I want my reward!” She grabbed him and started dragging him over towards a bedroom.

Gwen went over to where Paul and Meria were sitting with tears streaming down their faces. “I’m so glad you are back. I was so worried I was never going to see you again.” She clung to him, quietly sobbing. Just then they were interrupted by the arrival of a sour-faced pompous individual.

“What is the meaning of this? What do you mean by bringing these barbarians back here? They should have been left on their own planet! This is not a refuge for all the waifs and strays of the galaxy!” She strode purposely towards Paul and Meria.

Gwen turned on her. “How dare you! Who do you think you are? You know nothing of these people. If the barbarians you are referring to are Janice and Martha then I must inform you that they are two of the most wonderful people anyone will ever meet. Without them I would not have survived. When I realised that Paul did not intend to return here, I was in two minds whether to remain on Chaos with him. After what happened to me, Paul is the only man I will let get close to me. Have you any idea what we have suffered to ensure the continuation of our people? Do you think it was like some little trip out in the woods? Let me assure you it was nothing like that!”

She was advancing on the woman, eyes blazing, fists clenched. The woman stepped back with a shocked look on her face.

“Do you know who I am?”

“No, nor do I care! You are insulting those who saved me. They are the people who are more precious to me than anyone else, anywhere. If you think you can come in here, throwing your weight around and insulting my friends, you have another think coming.”

“For your information I am the senior supervisor for this sector. I decide who goes through the portals, and who stays! If you carry on like this, then I’ll not let you return to Cassandra!”

“That’s fine by me! I’ll return to Earth with Paul, Janice, Martha and little Thomas!”

Everyone was shocked by this. Other people were drawn to the area by the commotion. Eve, Tony and Silvie came over.

“What is the meaning of this?” Eve demanded.

“This woman came storming in here and insulted Janice and Martha, calling them barbarians!” Gwen was shaking, close to a breakdown.

Paul leapt up and gathered her up into his arms. He glared at the woman. “Get her out of here. She has insulted my wife and children. If I set eyes on her again, then I’ll not guarantee her safety.” He rubbed Gwen’s back. “It’s alright. Come on, now. As soon as a healing chamber is free, we’ll get you in one. I’m sure there’s some nasty little beasties that you’ll be only too glad to be free of.”

“He had no right to bring those people back here!” the woman continued to complain. moan.

Eve walked over to her and slapped her across the face. “Falima, you are one of the most ignorant and stupid people it has ever been my misfortune to meet. You allow your own prejudices and fears to corrupt all you come across. Return to your office. You have no authority here. You should not even be here.”

They all looked stunned at her actions. The woman stood there with her mouth open.

“You have insulted some of the finest heroes that have ever set foot on Chaos. The changes they have made, have revolutionized the lives of whole population. I will see that you are removed from your position here, and sent back to Cassandra.”

“You cannot do that!” she spat. “I’m the sister of the leader of the prime council. I have authority, here. What I say goes! You are the one being sent back, and when you d go, you’ll face charges for this!” The woman turned on her heel and stomped off

Eve smiled as she watch the woman depart. The others looked at her, she held up a small remote device.

Silvie laughed. and asked, “Is that what I think it is?”

“Yes, it’s a remote transmitter. That entire scene has just been broadcast live on prime time. I think she will be the one going home.” She looked over towards Paul. “You have no idea just how popular you all are on Cassandra. People everywhere have been following your every move with baited breath. The planet is, was, divided on whether your decision to stay was the right one or not. They were horrified when Janice and Martha were hurt. I think there would have been a serious riot if we had left them to die on Chaos. That little outburst by ‘her ladyship,’ is guaranteed to get her recalled, especially as she bragged she was going to use her influence with her broth sister to achieve it. It could even threaten her sister’s is position. Have no fear, you will not see her again. Now then, all of you come with me. We have some more healing chambers over here. Let us get you all sorted out, so we can all enjoy your return.”

All the girls enjoyed their ‘reward’ once they were all out of the healing chambers. It’s a good job the rooms were soundproofed, or no-one would have slept.

It took a while but before too long, Janice and Martha were released from the healing chambers, outwardly none the worse for wear. Paul went over and gathered her into his arms.

“Oh, my darling, I thought I’d lost you.” He wept as he held her.

“Where are we? What is this place? Where are the children?”

“We are on Crossroads. The children are fine. Little Thomas has all the girls falling over themselves to hold him. Martha will be released in a few minutes.”

“What’s Crossroads? Who are all these people?” She looked round and saw some of the most beautiful and scantily clad women she had ever seen. Compared to them she felt plain and dowdy.

Paul called Meria over, and had her explain exactly where, what and why they were there. Janice nodded and seemed to understand. Soon Martha was released. She clung to Paul and Janice.

“That nasty man hurt me. Why did he do that? He won’t be able to get me here will he?”

“No, my darling, he won’t. He was a bad man but when the people saw what he did, they punished him, and made sure he won’t be able to hurt anyone else, ever again.”

“Did they kill him?”

“Yes, they did.”

“Good.”

Janice saw Gwen coming towards them. She was carrying the baby. She handed the baby over with tears in her eyes.

“He’s so perfect. I always wanted my a child of my own. I guess now it will never happen.”

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.