Invasion - Cover

Invasion

Copyright© 2012 by 2 flags

Chapter 1

Tom made his way home. What a, well, was it a night, a month, or a year? He just couldn't tell. According to his watch, it was fifteen minutes. But he had been away for the best part of six months. He knew he was different. He was slimmer, fitter and he felt thirty years younger. How the hell was he going to explain it to his wife? He goes out for a drink on his birthday a fat ... well, slightly fat ... middle aged man, and returns home at least a stone lighter; four inches smaller round the waist, and a whole lot fitter.

'Shit, ' he thought 'I'm in deep shit.'

Well at least the clothes fit. His old clothes had been ruined when he went to Crossroads after he had been stabbed. They had made him some new ones, and these fitted him, fitted him well actually.

He arrived at his front door.

'Well here goes nothing, ' he thought as he turned his key in the lock and entered.

"Hello, darling, I'm home" he called out.

"Hi, dear, I'm watching Neighbours. I've taped it. I thought I'd watch it whilst you were out," she called from the living room.

He went into the living room and said, "Come here and give me a kiss, you beautiful woman."

Pam looked up at him and smiled as she replied, "Oh, what's got into you then, eh? Come home early for your birthday treat have you?"

She stopped the programme and stood up. He swept her into his arms and kissed her passionately

"God I've missed you." he breathed

"Well, you've only been gone four hours! Mind you, if you come home like this, I might let you out a bit more often," she said as she smiled. "Fancy a cuppa?"

He held her in his arms, normality returning.

"That would be wonderful," he replied.

She stood there in his arms. Suddenly she had a quizzical look on her face.

"What's going on? Have you been secretly working out? You feel different," she said.

'Shit, ' he thought. 'What do I say now?'

"Well, yes, I felt I was getting fat ... and, well, with my birthday and all, I didn't want to go to seed," he told her.

"Silly old sod" she said, looking at him from the corner of her eye, 'Hmm' she thought 'not bad, not bad at all, might have to find out where he goes, could do with a little toning myself '

She went off to make the tea. "So how was your evening?" she asked

"Not too bad, had a little trouble on the way home. Some thug was trying to drag a young girl into his car and we stopped him," he told her

"WHAT!" she ran back into the room. "Are you alright? He didn't hurt you did he?" her concern was obvious.

"No, I'm fine; Paul and Tony from the archery club were there. They were the ones who did most of it." he lied.

"You're lying. I can tell. Listen to me Thomas Brown. We've been together over thirty years. I can tell when you're lying to me," she said.

"Okay. I jumped in first, but they were right behind me. Anyway, what could I do on my own?" he told her.

"You daft sod, you should know better at your age! You're not twenty five any more. Honestly, what am I going to do with you?" she said hugging him and giving him a kiss.

She went back to making the tea. They sat drinking tea and watching the rest of Neighbours. Tom was just enjoying the normality of it all. After the programme had finished, they went off to bed. Then Tom and Pam enjoyed his birthday treat.

'It's good to be home' thought Tom as he drifted off to sleep.

Next day was Tom's day off. As they lay in bed, Tom snuggled up to his wife. She could feel his interest rising

"What's got into you lately?" she asked. Her interest was raised as well. They both enjoyed a 'morning delight'.

"Let's go shopping," he said, "I want to buy you something special."

Pam looked at her husband.

"What have you done? You haven't gone and bought that compound bow you were on about, have you?" she asked suspiciously

"No," he replied, "but I can if you wish."

"Don't you dare!" She replied, "That money is for our holiday!"

They went downstairs and had their usual breakfast of tea and toast. It was a nice day. The sun was shining, and it wasn't too cold. They made their way to the main shopping centre and parked the car in the multi-storey car park.

The shops were quiet, it being mid-week, and they very soon found themselves in a clothes shop. Tom had an ulterior motive for bringing Pam shopping. The fact was he needed new clothes, none of the things he had fitted him any more! As Pam looked at dresses, tops and skirts, Tom wandered over to the men's wear department. He looked at a few things, but after a very short while gave up. Like most men ... well, married men at least ... he let his wife choose his clothes. She had done it for so long that he simply didn't have a clue.

He wandered sheepishly over to his wife and said, "Pam, I have a confession. This diet and training thing I've been on has been so successful that none of my clothes fit. I need some new ones. Could you please help me choose, otherwise I'm afraid I'll end up looking like Austin Powers."

The vision that came into her head made her laugh. "Yes, come on we'll get you some new clothes."

Taking him by the hand they went to the menswear department.

Pam had fun, taking her husband shopping. It seemed a long time since they had done things like this together. She couldn't help notice though that something had changed. It wasn't anything she could put her finger on, easily. Maybe it was the way he seemed to walk a little taller, or maybe the fact that he had definitely toned up. There was a certain confidence about him. She did notice, though, how other women were taking second looks at him: a glance here, a smile there, and an extra wiggle as they walked by. Tom was however blissfully unaware of the minor stir he was causing as they walked arm in arm from shop to shop. As it was approaching lunchtime, they decided to have lunch out.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.