Crisis at Ishtar - Cover

Crisis at Ishtar

Copyright© 2012 by Allan Joyal

Chapter 41: Private Moments

Janice and I arrived home to find Bethany, Tina and Kitty sitting around the table. Bethany looked up from the game they were playing and waved us over. "We'll deal you in next game," she told us. "James is right now giving Brittany..."

"Four hours of bliss!" Kitty shouted. Bethany smiled at the interruption. Tina ignored the interplay and began moving cards on the table. The game they were playing was an elaborate card game where cards on the table were purchased with cards held in the player's hand. It was a lot of fun, but did require a good deal of attention. Tina finished her turn and turned to look at Janice and me.

"Sorry," she said. "I still have trouble reading the cards sometimes. Especially when I run into one we don't put on the board very often. How are you doing, Meiko?"

"Scared," I admitted. "Governor Johanes tried to get James to attack him and nearly succeeded. The man seems quite happy to threaten all of us."

Bethany had finished her turn and waved at hand to Kitty. "I get a feeling that he's trying to impress someone. Unfortunately, we don't know what his career has been like before now."

I nodded and sat down next to Tina as Kitty conducted her turn. Her play moved several cards and revealed the one card that could end the game. "Ha!" She said. "Beat that!"

Tina looked over her hand. I noticed that she had several powerful cards and whispered in her ear. "Go for the win."

My sister concubine giggled. She pointed to the table and started laying down cards. At first she put them down together, but I held her back for a moment. It took a moment to show her how to make the plays required, but Bethany was nodding as we added up the values and determined that she had successfully captured the trophy card.

"And that's game," Bethany said. "We can add it up, or just declare Tina the winner."

Tina hiccupped. "I never win. I thought it was against the rules or something."

Her comment caused everyone to laugh. "You just need some guidance," Kitty said. "Now shall we play again, since we have to wait for James?"

Janice took a seat between Bethany and Kitty. "We do not have to wait for James," she said with a sniff. "I'll have you know I wait for no man."

Her tone was so haughty that everyone giggled. Bethany then decided to send a needle into the balloon of ego Janice had created. "Sure, and yet if James was to call you, you'd come running."

"Of course," Janice said as she organized the cards we were going to lay on the table for the next game.

We all laughed at this as Kitty began dealing out the starting hands. The atmosphere was cheerful and I turned my attention to the game.

Over the next hours, we played several different games. It proved to be a nice relaxing time. After the first game, I picked up Madoka and rested her on my lap. She proved to be hungry, so for a while I was holding my cards in one hand while using the other to hold Madoka to my breasts. Finally, the door to the bedroom opened and Brittany staggered out.

James did not emerge, only called out that Kitty was to enter. Kitty had her son Jerome on her arms, but quickly handed him to Janice and ran to the doorway. Janice took the time to return Jerome to his crib as Brittany made her way to the table and sank into the chair Kitty had been using.

I looked over at my dear friend. Brittany had spent the last week with a worried expression on her face. For a while, she seemed far older than her fourteen years. Now, instead of looking worn down by stress and worry, she had a blissful smile on her face. Her eyes were shining with excitement and she sighed as the door to the room closed.

"I do so love him," she whispered.

"Wow," Tina said as she put the current game away. "Waiter, can I have some of what she's having?"

Brittany sat up a little and looked over at Tina. "You'll get some I'm sure. James decided to show just how much he loves us again."

We all giggled at that. Bethany just smiled and collected the game from Tina. "Well, you got your treatment," she said. "I guess the rest of us need to be patient."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.