Life as a Teenage Human Girl - Cover

Life as a Teenage Human Girl

Copyright© 2012 by celf

Chapter 3

Jane joined Emily at the staircase to go down to the ground level.

"I waited for you." Emily said, smiling at Jane.

"So I can see." Jane smiled back.

"So what can you tell me about this school?" Emily asked as they started down the stairs.

"Well, let's see, first, as far as I know this is the only school whose name is 'The School', then there are break times. Here we get two breaks, this one which is 30 minutes long, and lunchtime which is 45 minutes long. There are four years here, from Year 9 'Freshman' to Year 12 'Seniors'. We are Year 10 'Sophomores' and Year 11 are called 'Juniors', there are also clubs here. About seventy percent of the students are in a club." Jane finished saying as they got to the bottom of the stairs.

"And I bet that is just the highlights, right?" Emily asked.

"Yep, you got that right, sister."

"So are you in any clubs yourself?"

"You bet! The super cool best club at the school! The Magic Club." Jane said with a big grin on her face. Emily could hear the capital letters Jane had used in that sentence as plain as day.

Emily stopped in the hall they were walking along. "Magic Club? Tell me more about the club."

Jane looked at Emily "Ha? Um, ok, but I don't see why you would be interested in our little club. I bet your magic skills and knowledge are way past what we do in the club. Well, it is run by Mom, we meet every Monday at lunch time, so Mondays we eat at mid-morning break then at lunch we all meet in 2-C, were Mom shows us how to do small level spells and increase our magic capacity."

"How many boys are In the club." Emily asked.

Before Jane replied, Ben sent by mind link "Down girl, all in good time. Don't rush, it's only your first day! Get used to the place and how it works first, before you go boy hunting."

"Um, don't know off the top of my head, I'd have to count them." Jane replied, looking at Emily oddly.

Before Jane could ask why Emily was asking, Emily said "Ok. No problem. Let's get outside before we run out of time. How long we got left?"

Jane looked at her watch. "About 15 minutes." They started walking down the hall again. "So, next is going to be a big test for you, meeting my friends, some of who are in the magic club. Let's see how that new ward works out."

Coming to some doors, both Emily and Jane went outside.

"There you are." said the girl that had been sitting next to Jane in class. "What took you so long, did you get lost in the halls." she joked.

"No!" Jane started. "Mom just wanted to tell me and Emily some stuff, is all. You know what she is like when she gets going."

"So, Emily, nice to meet you, I am Hannah Blackiron." said the girl, who then held out her hand.

Taking her hand, Emily said "Hi, are you one of Jane's friends?" Emily could feel a good level of magic from her, a lot less than Jane but enough to show she had spent a little bit of time practicing magic.

"One of? I hope I am not just only one of Jane's friends." she said, letting go of Emily's hand, seeming like she had not noted anything out of the ordinary.

"Ha?" said Emily, looking a little lost at the comment.

"Emily, Hannah is one of my best friends." Jane explained

"One of? I thought I was your best friend in the world!" Hannah harrumphed.

"Hey, I never said that, I don't have just one top friend you know, I told you that before."

"Whatever, so Emily, what do you think of our school?" Hannah asked.

Ben Sent to Emily "Looks like the ward is working well enough now. But then again it should do. After all, you did not just find two 'good' magic users, but magic users with some elf priestess blood and knowledge of elf wards. Do you think they know that they're half elves?"

"It looks like a good school from what I have seen so far, but then again I have not seen a lot of the school yet." Emily said out loud, to Ben she sent "Know that they are half elves? Probably not, and yes, that was a surprise, I can tell you! I almost cocked up the spell when their elf colours joined in with my one, but their colours are weak. But this gives us hope there are humans with elf blood here on earth other than the ones in our records. I should know, I spent a week going over all of the records, and nowhere did I find any elf priest or priestess of magic light living on earth, or any of their offspring."

"So you're not going to introduce me?" said an older girl standing next to Hannah.

"Oh right!" Hannah said "Emily meet Helen, she is my sister, she's a senior here."

"that's not to say that there was none. What if one of the elf priests had a one night stand with one of the human women who live in our world, and to hide the child sent it and its mother to earth, no one is going to keep a record of them now, are they." Ben sent.

Holding out her hand to Helen, Emily said with a smile. "So this is your last year here, I bet you cannot wait to get out of here." Sending to Ben she said. "Now there is an idea, you got a better look at their colours than I did, do you think you can tell how many generations it has been, using that idea as a model."

Helen took Emily's hand and Emily could tell that Helen had got a lot more magic practice than her sister did. But she still had a lot less magic than Jane did. "No! I am really going to miss this place, it is great fun here. I am going to miss Magic Club most of all. Say, you should join the club, has Jane told you about it. It is run by Mrs. Walker, Jane's mother." Helen replied. Moving next to Jane she whispered in her ear.

"Hmm, if we say the priest is first generation and the child sent to earth with her mother is second generation, then Jane is fourth generation and her mother is third generation. If that is how they came to be here" Ben sent.

"Oh!" Jane squeaked. "Yes, that was what Mom wonted to chat to us about." Jane looked at Emily. "Helen thinks you should join the club, like Mom does."

"Damn, that girl can think fast on her feet." Ben sent.

"I am going to give it some good consideration before choosing to join or not." Emily said. To Ben she sent. "Third and fourth generations. Hmm, is that how long ago there was fresh elf blood into the bloodline? Do you think they will let us cast a 'bloodline spell' on them to work it out?"

"Cool, I hope you do join, it's a cool club." Hannah said.

"We can ask them after school, they're not the only ones with questions to ask later." Ben sent.

"So then, can you show me around out here?" Emily asked.


After the bell had rung to call everyone back to class, Emily and Jane dropped back a bit from others to have a chat in hushed voices.

"What did Helen say when she whispered to you?" Emily asked.

"That you have a good little bit of magic, and thinks that you should join the club to improve your magic right away." Jane replied.

"Is there anyone with more magic here than her? Apart from you and your mother, that is." Emily asked.

"Just Tom, who is also a senior, both Helen and Tom joined magic club as freshmen."

"So he's got the same magic level as Helen?"

"Bit less, last time I compared them."

The conversation had to come to an end as they had got to 2-C.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.