Recluse and Ghost
Chapter 47

Copyright© 2012 by Dual Writer

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 47 - Mike Grayson's intent was to get away from it all, to become a recluse. Mike wanted to get away from responsibilities, away from the Army, away from people. He runs into and becomes involved with many obstacles to his peace and quiet. The spooks come out and it isn't even Halloween.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Farming   Halloween  

Jimmy called a week later, and asked if I could come down to the road yard today. I told him I had planned to make it my first stop on that fine Monday morning.

There were four new faces sitting in chairs and looking at the plans Jimmy had up on the wall when I arrived at the yard and went into the office trailer. Jimmy turned to me and pointed, "Okay, Guys, this is the man. This is Mike Grayson, the Road Commissioner and the guy fronting this development."

Jimmy looked at me and waved at the men, "Mike, these four just left the Army Engineers and everything it represented in Afghanistan. When I heard that they were leaving, I snatched them up as fast as I could. They are road builders, Mike. These four know how to go straight up mountains or how to blast a tunnel all the way through if that's what is needed. We have to hire them since the development is going to need their expertise."

I went to each man and looked him in the eye as I shook hands with him. Real men have always looked me in the eye, and I can usually tell whether or not they are going to be good. After stepping back, I said, "I'm good with this, but we're going to be a little short on housing."

Jimmy spoke up at that, "Ah, I bought another FEMA trailer that was available and it should be delivered this afternoon, Mike. We'll get it hooked up and running today. I called our local cable guru for the same deal we have in the other trailers, and since you gave me decent petty cash, I've already bought the phones and TV for the new trailer."

"Hmmm," I murmured, as I contemplated what Jimmy said. "You're the man, Jimmy, so you've done well to get the new men comfortable. Will you have enough work for them in the short term?"

Jimmy was laughing so hard that I thought he was going to fall over, "Let's see, I have men knocking trees over for your cable path. I have men putting septic tanks in and helping with a barn. I have men helping your cable crew hoist equipment up a mountain, and I have men working on the roads. Ten men ain't enough, Mike. I hope these four will take up the slack, but they may not be enough. Just an FYI, Mike, but you need to find us some more women because these four are all going to be looking for dates."

I smiled at the men and told them, "Mount Sterling is right up the road and I'm told there are a lot of spare women up there. I know that there are more moonshiners than residents right down the road in Pine Ridge, and there are a lot of women there who are looking for men who aren't drunks. Go out in the community and check it out, Guys. Act like gentlemen and I guarantee that the women will flock to you. Plan on going to church on Sundays, and you might be surprised at the number of young lovelies who come dressed up just to meet Mr. Right."

Jimmy said, "And he didn't mention Saturday, market day, where there are hundreds of sweet young things just begging to be asked out on Saturday night. Now some of them could be jailbait, so you have to be discreet, but all of them are fun if you know what I mean."

These guys were way ahead of me as I had been behind the door when they handed out dating brains and strategies in my youth.

Jimmy followed me out when I walked out of the office trailer. He told me, "Mike, these four are the best of the bunch that just got out. I know these men and figured four would be enough, but there are at least another six good men if we need more. These are the cream of the crop."

"Thanks, Jimmy; I know that I'm stretching what we do, but I had figured that it would slow down instead of becoming more demanding. Do you have enough equipment, or do we need to make another trip up to Lexington?"

Jimmy patted me on the back and said, "We're fine right now, Mike, but we might need some specialized equipment when we begin the development. I'm still shooting to put in the experimental roads and curbing. We'll be big bucks ahead on the infrastructure if we do it right."

When we reached my Jeep, Jimmy said, "We just about have Doc Rivers' ambulance done. Wait until it's finished; you're going to love it. We found plans for the interiors of the trucks from Korea, and have duplicated them. Doc may change it around over time, but it will be a show piece for her as it stands."

"Good work, Jimmy. You guys are far more valuable than anyone could imagine. Thanks for helping Mom put this together for Sheryl."

"Hell, Mike," Jimmy blustered, "Bernie and Sheryl are just shy of getting hitched. This is as much for Bernie as for the Doc. We even put an automatic transmission in it for him. We're all family, Mike. That's what makes us tick."

As I was getting into the Jeep, Jimmy asked, "Can I bring the four new guys out for supper tonight? I want them to meet the rest of the family and all of the girls from down the hill."

"I'll tell Millie and Mom, and I'll bet they will be happy to have you. Just plan on coming out."

I left the yard while dialing my cell phone. Millie answered the home phone, so I asked to speak to Mom. Millie told me that she was in the garden with all the other women. I drove to town to see Bernie after telling her to make sure that four more roadmen wouldn't be a problem.

Inside the newspaper, I spoke to Bernie while he was on the radio console and asked him, "How do you think it's going for this election coming up? I think that I should figure out whether or not I'll get the job again before I hire too many people for the development."

Bernie turned to me and said, "Mike, you need to start listening to the talk portions of the radio station. Everyone is saying there is no one else who begins to be able to do as good a job as you. They hear me taking calls, and I think a lot of them wait until I'm on the air live before calling in with a road problem. Their call is then broadcast, and the audience gets to hear me calling Jimmy to advise him of the problem. I have a deal with Jimmy and the guys where they call in when the repair is complete and the audience gets to hear that, too. I record the call if I'm not on the air when the guys call in, and play it for the customers later. You walk on water, Man. Don't sweat it, and plan on plowing snow for four more years."

I sat back thinking of Bernie's value to the community, as well as to the entire surrounding area. He has made a difference in the town and county by pulling them together and keeping everyone informed of what's real and what's only good gossip.

Bernie sat forward and told me, "It was you that made me get out of that wheelchair and stand on my own two feet, or rather foot, Mike. You brought Sheryl and me together, and that is going to be something that will affect us for their rest of our lives. It was also because of you that all of the County Council came to me for advertising. You've helped me expand my advertising all the way up to Mount Sterling, and we'll be into Lexington with the new FM station. All I have to do is sell the advertising, or hire a bunch of sales people and let them do it. We're going to put our little station on the map."

"That's super, Bernie. I've worried over you and the road men making it here since you guys came along, but I also know that you guys look out for each other. I'm here to ask a couple of questions."

"Shoot!"

"You and Sheryl will end up in Sheryl's family's house. I know she'll never leave the house where her father, grandfather, and great grandfather began practicing medicine in this area. You and Sheryl already have a home to go to. I put Gene into your group, and he and Maude are set. Seven of the other guys are moving toward permanent relationships, and will want a better place to live than the trailers you're in now. Do you think they would want to build their own places now, or do you think that a small apartment building would work for a while? I was thinking of building a small apartment building closer to the side road at the yard, but it would still be just behind it."

Bernie looked at me funny, "I'm not the guy to ask. You need to go back out to the yard and talk to Jimmy and the guys. The guys will go along with whatever Jimmy decides, so Jimmy is the guy to ask."

"Okay," I agreed with Bernie, "I'll go back and talk to Jimmy, but I do value your opinion because you pal with those guys daily."

"Thanks, Mike, but I'm kind of in another ballpark with this. Once I was injured and couldn't work with the rest of them any longer, I haven't been able to be with them much, other than on the radio and telephone. We're all still buds, but I'm not part of that intimate working group. I'm Jet's brother and an ex-engineer, but I'm just not part of them any more."

I could see and feel Bernie's regret, but I could also see his resolve to enjoy the new life that he was creating and living. He told me, "Go see Jimmy. I know he talked to you at the yard earlier, and he's going to be there familiarizing the new guys with all the equipment. Go see him."

There was more that I wanted to talk to Bernie about, but it could wait. I really did need to resolve the housing issue before it became a problem.

Jimmy had the guys looking at the huge road graders when I drove back into the road yard. The four men were like snakes crawling around on the big pieces of equipment. They were really into the heavy machinery.

Jimmy walked over to the Jeep as soon as I stopped and as I got out he asked, "What's up, Boss, did you forget something?"

"Yes, I did. Jimmy, I need to talk to you and the men about housing. I just talked to Bernie about it and he sent me back to talk to you. Bernie is hooking up with Sheryl and will probably be making that permanent soon. I feel that seven of you guys are working toward marriage and will want something better than a shared trailer for a place with new mates. What do you think that you guys will want? Do you think you would want to build your own places now, or would you think that a small apartment building would work better for a while? My thought was to build a small apartment building closer to the side road that would still be just behind the road yard."

Jimmy was thinking about what I had just said, when I added, "You do know that if I was to decide to not continue as road commissioner, that I would have to put a fence up between your trailers and the yard, and add a pole barn for some of our equipment, don't you? While you're considering this, think of the future and what you and the others might prefer."

Jimmy said, "That's a lot to think about, Mike," as we leaned against the Jeep. "Right now, I think the guys would want to try to remain as close together as possible. We're still thinking as a unit, although we weren't all in the same units before. We come from the same mold, the same type of activities, and working with you is like we've built our own unit. Considering that the women seem to all be compatible with each other, I think an apartment type building would be a good idea. And if you use some of the land behind the apartment building, it would be the right size for a big pole barn, it could also be a perfect commonly shared garage for us. Would it be financially reasonable to do all of that?"

I smiled at Jimmy and said, "Get together with the guys and design a floor plan for an apartment complex. I originally thought about ten to twelve units, but I'm now thinking that we should build at least twenty, so that we will have room for more families if we continue to expand. We may or may not keep the trailers, but that's going to be up to the single guys. We'll keep the trailers if they like them, but I think we should sell them if they are empty."

Jimmy quietly said, "You know that a couple of the guys are going to want to stay in the trailers. They prefer each other's company, if you know what I mean. We'll let them make their minds up and go from there."

As I opened the Jeep door, Jimmy said, "You know, you might want to keep the trailers for temporary quarters for men that come in to work on your developments. It would be a good way for them to have a decent place while they look for something more permanent."

"Good idea, Jim. Work on that floor plan and get Gene to do some architectural stuff for us. I think we need to build the apartment building as soon this summer as possible."

Jimmy was smiling, "Me too, Boss. There are a bunch of us who are ready to tie the knot. Thanks for thinking of us. That's why we're all so gung ho for everything you're doing."

I called Benson as I left the road yard. "Hey, Mr. B, do you want to have lunch together or would you prefer to come to dinner?"

There wasn't even a pause when he asked, "How about both? Maude and I are supposed to have lunch with Jeff Stevens from the County Council. Is that good, or do you need to talk about something private?"

"Part of it is private, but I can ask you that now. I'm thinking of building an apartment building near the road yard for the men and their future wives. You know how those relationships have blossomed, right?"

Benson said, "Yeah, D's girls have mesmerized those men. I think those men are all goners, hook, line, and sinker."

"I don't have the money to do everything, but I could probably borrow it considering that I could use what I have as collateral. Do you think I should borrow the money to build the apartments, use money directly from the funds, or borrow what I need from the funds and pay interest to them?"

"Tell you what," Benson said, "I'll talk to Maude real quick and give you an answer. I'm leaning toward either giving it to you directly, or having you borrow it from the trust. We could list it as an investment that way. Of course, the trust could buy the land from you, build the building, and it would become the owner of an apartment complex. Like I said, I'll ask Maude. It's almost time for you to head to the Kitchen to meet us for lunch. Head over there now and I'll pick Maude up on the way."

After hanging up from Benson, I called home to tell them I wouldn't be there for lunch. Mom answered and after I told her about lunch, she said, "Michael, D's girls and Carla are all talking about a summer wedding. If you're going to build the apartment building that you mentioned, you better get started. Those kids are planning on setting up housekeeping soon, very soon."

"Okay, Mom, I'll make sure something gets started on it today. I'll see you this afternoon."

I really needed to go see how Raul was working at Bert's, because that's a huge project with a tight time line. Esteban's house doesn't have to be done right away, but the milking area has to get done quickly.

A man I didn't know came up to me with his hand sticking out as soon as I parked at the Kitchen, "Mike Grayson?"

Since the guy was in a suit and tie, he was immediately suspect in my eyes. No one around here dressed like that; even Benson didn't wear a tie most of the time. "What can I do for you?"

"I'm Mort Dimmert, from the University in Lexington. I'm supposed to meet a lawyer, Mr. Benson, the trust fund accountant, and one of the County Council members for lunch. Benson said you might come by and I recognized you from the front bumper on the Jeep. Let's get a table and have some coffee."

If this was supposed to be a private lunch, the Kitchen wasn't the place to have it. Everyone met and shared gossip here, so a gathering of Benson, Maude, Jeff, and me, with a man in a suit, was going to fire the gossip mongers up. I'd bet it was on the radio right after or even before we finished lunch.

Benson pulled in as we were getting ready to go up the steps into the diner. Jeff parked right next to Benson, got out, and headed toward me. We all shook hands and walked in.

We were a strange mix of people. I was in my BDUs, as usual; Benson in his usual dress slacks, dress shirt, sweater vest, but no tie; Maude was actually wearing a skirt, but it was a little short for a lady of her age, especially considering that she was the town accountant. Then there was Jeff Stevens, a good farmer and grain elevator operator. He was in dusty bib overalls and a cap. Our group, accompanied by Mort in an expensive suit, stood out like a strobe light on a dark night.

There was a table big enough for us in the corner, so we went straight to it. As we sat, Maude said, "Benson and I agree that you should borrow the money from the fund. That will work best."

Jeff and Mort quizzically looked at us, but I said, "Just the answer to a question I had on a building for some employees."

Jeff said, "It's good that you're also here, Mike. Benson and Maude said that they would meet with me and Mort, but you should be a part of this since you're the other trustee."

We ordered and were quickly served coffee and iced tea. Mort began, "Jeff is a member of the group that is working with us for the scholarship students that will be coming to the university next fall. I have to tell you that a private scholarship fund that is going to sponsor ten full scholarships a year is unusual, but more importantly, it's wonderful. Maude and Benson have put a lot of time in on this, and Jeff has been instrumental in getting the high school on board with the program. I'm here to just get a look at the folks who are responsible for this."

Benson answered, "It isn't us. Maude, Mike, and I are following the trust's directions to help our community as much as possible."

Jeff interrupted, "The scholarship program is not the only thing that the trust fund is doing. The fund is expanding the school and enlarging our medical clinic. Now that the trust is going to create a new housing development, it will be expanding and improving our waste and sewage disposal system. The scholarship program will be important as we want to keep some of our smartest kids right here to work in our schools, medical areas, and in business. I have a kid that will be one of the scholarship kids, and I want him to take the grain elevator business over, so his agriculture and business degree will be very important."

Mort said, "I don't know how this trust came about, but it's obviously benefiting the community. You three trustees are working hard for the trust. I hope you are being well paid for your activities."

Jeff was startled, "Are you guys employees of the trust? Are you paid a lot?"

Mort quickly jumped in, "They should be, trusts always have a few well-paid representatives that make it work." Mort was smiling as if he knew something that no one else did.

Maude set Jeff and Mort straight. "The three of us are volunteer trustees. Benson only gets paid for any legal work that he does for the trust. I get paid bookkeeping and accountant fees, and Mike gets nothing. He will get to borrow money at the current interest rates, but he could do that at the bank. That's why this private trust is working. The trustees are doing what they do for the community, not themselves. Every dime the trust spends is accounted for, and no money goes toward salaries."

Jeff softly said, "That's what I thought. It's like the area's own big brother or benefactor."

Mort said, "I can't believe that a trust as valuable as this one must be, has no salaried employees. I'll have to look the trust up online. I'm sure the details are registered with the State."

Benson told Mort, "This is a private trust. There is no public disclosure, since the trust is a taxpayer when it makes money, you can see that, but that's all. Think about this trust as being a gift to the area from someone. That's actually what it is."

Mort was really getting aggravated, "So you're telling me that the trust can't give me a stipend to help manage your students at the university?"

It was Jeff who began turning red in the face as he asked, "Do you mean that you want to milk the trust? Who in the world would pay you to do what the university is supposed to do anyway?"

"It's a common practice for donors to sponsor a university official with a stipend to make sure the donations go to the right place." Mort was getting wound up. "A large donor like you has to have someone like me, or one of the others who are going to approach you, to manage the students you send. How are you going to keep track of the students and their activities?"

Benson leaned across the table toward Mort, "It will be easy because every parent of every kid who goes to school sponsored by the fund will know how the kid is doing. The high school will be tracking the kids' progress, and believe me, this trust will be watching as well. We will be paying bills directly, so the university is only selling classes and housing. We don't need an on campus manager, and you should alert your cohorts to that."

We ate in silence while thinking about the short discussion. When Benson wiped his mouth with his napkin, he asked Mort, "So tell me, Mort, what donors and trusts do you currently manage?"

Mort puffed up a little and said, "I manage almost two dozen major donors and five major trusts that sponsor students. I have a list right here on my resume for you. You'll need to know them, so that you'll know that I will be the best person to handle your students."

This guy didn't get it. Benson was doing some investigative stuff, and will probably go on a crusade to burn good old Mort. Benson thanked Mort and said, "We'll be getting back to you right away. I'm sure you're busy, considering your responsibilities to the university."

"You do know I'm the head of the sociology department, don't you?" Mort asked, with a straight face. "It does give me some latitude to handle some of these outside obligations."

Jeff said, "I have to get back to the elevator. We're doing some good business in seed sales, even though it's late. There are always farmers who are late putting their crops in. I'm getting all of the farms toward Pine Ridge and beyond since the old elevator over there closed. I'm getting some business from up toward Mount Sterling too, since I've been running ads on the radio. My prices are better, and that's bringing in more business." Jeff stood and said, "I'll talk to you later, Benson, Maude, and you stop by, Mike. I have some special flour for your folks next door. Good to meet you, Mort." I think I heard Jeff mutter something that sounded derogatory as he made his way out of the restaurant.

Mort was digging for his wallet. I said, "I have it today. I'm sure you will be hearing from us soon."

Maude didn't get up, but remained sitting as she waved a waitress over and asked for three coffees.

We watched Mort go out and get into his Mercedes and leave. What else would he have? Benson opened up with, "That guy wants a kickback, a bribe, for doing what?"

"No, Benson," Maude said, with some rancor in her voice, "He wants a stipend to manage our students."

"Stipend my ass; excuse me, Maude, but that guy thinks he can milk the trust to do what would probably equal nothing. I'm going to call every one of these donors and ask them what Mort's value really is. There must be something we're missing."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.