Recluse and Ghost - Cover

Recluse and Ghost

Copyright© 2012 by Dual Writer

Chapter 18

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 18 - Mike Grayson's intent was to get away from it all, to become a recluse. Mike wanted to get away from responsibilities, away from the Army, away from people. He runs into and becomes involved with many obstacles to his peace and quiet. The spooks come out and it isn't even Halloween.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Farming   Halloween  

The weekend was very pleasant. Saturday's market wasn't as much fun since I didn't have my sidekick hanging around with me almost everywhere I went. It's funny how close Ben and I had become in the little over a year that I had known him.

Mom and the girls were busy bartering for and with material, thread, staples, and canned fruits and vegetables. This was like having a garage sale, but with items that were needed by both buyers and sellers. I spent some time negotiating for several bushels of cracked corn and some mixed cow feed. Other farmers often had extra that they traded out of at the weekly market. I was trying to keep the farm away from harmful supplements and had to double check every trade or purchase.

While I was poking around, I received a call from Gene. "Hey, Mike. I might have some good news for you. The company is dumping a bunch of ATVs. I talked to them about your need and that you were important to us because you are building the cable paths in our area. They will let you have a John Deere XUV just like the little truck ATV I have for about half of market value. Can you handle five grand?"

My answer was guarded, "I can, but that's a lot of money. If I bought the one, could I get a couple more for the road and path cutting crews? I might be able to swing three at that price, but it will be close."

"I'll ask the management for you, Mike, and because they are trying to help you out while we're building the paths, they might go with what you want. While I was at headquarters, they gave me the prints and map for the path they want to follow for the run to Pine Ridge. It runs along the river side of the road below your place, then when the river turns west, the path will continue with the road all the way. You should be able to make decent time, but it's still a long enough run to take you through the winter. They are adding three additional runs from this location out to distribution points before we begin the run to Pine Ridge."

I was surprised, "Gene, that's a hell of an investment in this area. Is your company going to be able to make that profitable?"

"Hey, Mike, that's what they want as they figure the area is almost going to become a suburb of Lexington in days to come. They want to be prepared."

"That's good for me anyway, Gene. Ezra and the guys are going to be very happy about the prospect of a few years of work ahead of them. Find out about the ATVs, Gene. I'm really looking forward to roaming around my mountain on one."

Gene chuckled. "It's a hell of lot easier to haul a deer or bear back to the house with one of those things, too. I'll get hold of someone up at headquarters and have an answer for you Monday, maybe even later today. I'll tell you at church tomorrow."

After having delivered to the Kitchen, the butcher, and trading at both markets, we were ready to relax. Mom, Millie, and I were sitting out at the picnic table with glasses of our good wine, when a couple of pickups came up the driveway. Ezra was first, driving a new four wheel drive Ford 150. Following him was Bradley driving his farm's pickup.

Summer ran out to Bradley, passing Ezra as he came directly to the table and sat next to Mom. Ezra asked, "What's the chance of getting some of that wine you're drinking?"

I had to ask, "Ezra, what's with the new pickup out there? Is that big truck too much to drive?"

"You know, it's far past time that I buy myself something comfortable to drive and something I can park in a parking lot. Besides, I've never had a new vehicle and it seemed high time to treat myself."

While Mom got up to get another glass and bring the big carafe out to the table, Bradley and Summer came up to us. Bradley asked, "Can Summer come into town to watch a movie this evening? Mom and Dad said to ask her for supper, then I want to take her out for the evening."

Millie told them it was fine, but Summer might want to freshen up a little as she had been busy today.

Summer and Millie went into the house as Bradley joined us at the table, having a glass of iced tea. He told me, "Dad hired a couple of those Mexicans to help out on the farm. We're buying the Hobson place next to us, and we'll need a lot of help to run both big places."

Ezra offered, "The Hobson place is almost twice the size of yours, at least it has almost twice the tillable land. Monty Hobson never did raise much stock and was primarily a grain farmer. Are you going to continue doing that?"

Bradley shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know what Dad has in mind yet. He's all excited about the deal and told me we have the money, and that the Hobson house would be a great place for me if I was to get married. It isn't real big like our place, but plenty big for a small family and it is in good shape just like his barn and the four big silos he has."

I commented, "Sounds like a big step for your dad, Bradley. I'm sure your whole family is excited. When will you know when or if the deal will go through?"

"I think it's near done, Mike. Dad has already given him something called earnest money. I think it's to guarantee the price the two agreed on."

"So you'll be working Hobson's fields soon. You'll be busy."

Bradley smiled. "That's why I'm so busy and can't come see Summer often. We've been working Hobson's fields all spring. We're done with the planting, but there is a lot of cultivating and other work to be done."

Ezra made the observation, "So you'll be taking total possession of the farm pretty soon, won't you?"

"We won't get the house until June or July. When that happens, Mom wants to clean it up real good and paint the inside. Dad said he wants to check all of the wiring and plumbing before winter. Hobson put a new roof on last year, so that's done. Personally, I think the house is ready to move into." Bradley was nodding his head while thinking about his future.

With his voice lowered to a whisper, Bradley addressed me, "Mike, I'm thinking of asking Summer to marry me. Do you have a problem with that?"

It was my turn to smile. "That would be great, Bradley. Have you two known each other long enough to make that kind of decision?"

"Yes Sir. We've talked a lot and since she has her new phone, we talk every day and often when I'm out on the tractor, working the fields. I think we know each other real well. She has had some rough times growing up the way she did, but she is a happy person that spreads her happiness wherever she goes. I want that in my family."

"Well, Bradley," I answered, "You can ask her any time you want, but be prepared to protect yourself. I'd bet she's going to be all over you when you do ask."

With a grin and a little more confidence, Bradley said, "I'm going to ask her after church tomorrow. My mom and dad know and approve. I have a ring and want her to know we are intended."

My mom was sitting teary eyed, listening to the young man. We were witnessing the boy, now a man, baring his soul to ask for the hand of the one he wanted as a wife. This was a big deal to all of us.

Mom patted Bradley on the back of his hand. "You're acting as an honorable man by asking Mike. That type of respect isn't shown much any more."

Summer came from the house in one of her new dresses, with her hair around her face instead of being pulled back in a ponytail. She didn't walk, but bounced up to Bradley and hugged his arm. "I'm ready, Bradley. I'm a little scared about having supper with your folks, but I meet them at church every week."

Millie told the young couple, "You two enjoy yourself, and Bradley, drive carefully. We'll see you later, Summer."

When they walked out to Bradley's pickup, Mom asked Millie, "You didn't give her a time to be home. Don't you think you should do that?"

Millie looked deep in thought before she answered. "I think Summer is smart enough to know a farm boy has to get up for chores early in the morning, so she'll encourage him to bring her home at a reasonable time. I didn't have a chance to date like she is doing, so I don't know how parents should act, but I trust Summer to do what's right."

I told Ezra the news I had heard from Gene. "Ezra, the cable company is having us cut three more paths from the distribution center. They are preparing for what they think will be a large migration from Lexington. They are betting that the Stanton area becomes a rural suburb of Lexington."

"My goodness, Mike, how soon do they want that done? If we build a path to Pine Ridge, it will be almost a year before we can get to that."

"I think that's the good part, Ezra," I informed him, "They want the local paths from the distribution center before the long one to Pine Ridge. What do you figure? I think it will probably take you the rest of the summer to finish three more paths."

"Darn, Mike, that is something. You're really making all the equipment you bought pay. You having kept me busy teaching those men has given me a new life, or at least an extended one. I was sitting in front of the TV, rotting. Now I'm ram-rodding a crew of men that is turning out some fine work. The way we're moving, you might be surprised at how fast we might be working on the path to Pine Ridge."

Mom suggested, "How about us loading up into my new SUV and going over to Pine Ridge for some pizza and beer? We can do the evening chores real quick and be out of here in an hour."

It was unanimous: we were having pizza for supper. Mom and I headed for the barn, while Millie retrieved her big egg basket from the porch. Mom didn't object this time when I milked one cow while she did the other. Ezra watched us as we went through the ritual of cleaning the cows' udders before filling the milk buckets. The cow I was milking didn't give much milk and didn't act as if she wanted to give milk this evening. She was getting big and bulging at her sides, so she might be getting ready to go dry.

I did the super duper pooper scooper routine, while Mom washed the milk buckets and put the cans in the spring house. I fed the outside animals and we were walking to the house to clean up in less than forty-five minutes.

We all did a quick clean up and put some fresh clothes on that didn't smell like cows or milk. I actually put jeans on instead of fatigues. We used the new road to the highway at the bottom of the mountain, through the old Jorgenson place. Halfway down the farm road, a big black bear was moving across the open area. Mom reached over and honked the horn, making the bear stop and look at us. I'm no fool and stopped a good distance from it. I figured if he came after Mom's SUV, I would have to try to hit him hard enough to disable him. The horn only bothered him for a second before he went on his way.

As we descended to the hard road, we had a view into the middle of the blackberry patch there. Son of gun, there was another bear in it, but lying down. Mom said, "I guess you're going to have to clean out some of these critters on Monday before we can work the two vineyards on this side. Maybe you should call the state wildlife guy and ask him if he wants to try to relocate them."

We were on the way to Pine Ridge as I answered, "I'll do that, or else our smoke house will be filled with nothing but bear meat. I'm not real fond of the bear meat that I cooked before, so I need to get rid of them one way or another."

Millie suggested, "Give some to Raul and his people. I know the women who were working when we killed the bear talked about all of the good meat a bear must have. We can feed a lot of people with a couple of more bears. I'll keep the fat and make candles this time. I can sell them at the market."

Ezra spoke up, "You folks be careful with those bears. Many a hunter has thought he killed a bear to have it get up and go after him."

Mom said, "I know what you mean, I had to shoot that bear four times before it went down and once more right in the eye to make sure."

"You shot the bear?" Ezra was surprised. "You didn't tell me you shot it. You just told me you guys killed a bear and Millie showed you how to skin and butcher it."

Mom grinned. "You better treat me nice, Ezra, I'm one mean old lady with an itchy trigger finger."

"Sounds like the woman who used to own Mike's place. Eliza was a tough old bird. The area lost a piece of history when she moved away."

We went through two large pizzas and a pitcher of beer. Millie even tried some beer and liked it. On the way back, I stopped at a convenience store and bought a case of beer in cans. I would have rather had bottles, but cans are easier to squash and turn in.

Once home, Ezra left for his place and we started preparing to go to bed. Summer came home and stayed in Bradley's pickup in the yard for a while before coming in. When she came in the house, she told us, "Bradley told me that tomorrow was going to be important to all of us. I wonder what that could be about. It must be about the new place they are buying. His dad and mom are really excited about it."

Mom, Millie, and I all knew what tomorrow would bring, and we hoped that it made Summer as happy as we thought it would.

Sunday morning became busier than we expected. We had a new baby calf that we put in the barn with the mother. A day or two in a pen so the calf can get a good start is all that is needed. This gives the baby the new milk and gets the cow ready to begin giving milk. One of the cows that I had bought, the one I milked last night, didn't want anyone to touch her udder. I was afraid she might have a bag problem, but when I washed her off, she kept moving away from me.

Mom said, "I think she's trying to dry up. It's less than three months before she's due to calve. She didn't give but a little less than a gallon for you last night. We'll let her out and see what she feels like tonight."

I observed, "I suppose it's fitting. We have one dry up and another calves at the same time."

The only dog doing any dog duties was the male, who we called Spook. He was busy trying to keep the garden free of deer. Hopefully none of the bears would come up to the house. The female's name was Witch, appropriate for a bitch dog. The six puppies all looked healthy snuggled up to Witch's tits. After seeing the new calf and the new puppies, all I could think of was that a new baby would be here around Thanksgiving.

As we passed Ben's place on the way to town, we missed picking the man up to join us. I suppose there would be a lot to remind us of him for a long while. His place was busy, though, as we could see people working on the big addition to the house. It looked nearly done from the outside.

Bible study and the church service were interesting as usual, with Harold's focus being good Samaritans and good neighbors. Actually, he was more than complimentary to his congregation, as I believe the community did their best to offer a helping hand to those that needed it.

We met with Bradley and his parents after church. The young couple, Summer and Bradley, left for a meal up in Mt. Sterling before coming back so Bradley could show Summer around the new farm they were purchasing.

Our guests today were Gene, Maude, and Ezra. It seemed as if Gene and Maude had become more than casual friends.

We had a special dinner of roast bear with all the trimmings. Mom and Millie had packed the big roast with onions, apples, and some lemon, along with a lot of spices. We all enjoyed the wild flavor of the surprisingly tender meat. The meat was greasy but cooked the way it was, it was pretty good. While Millie, Mom, and Ezra stayed in the house and watched TV, I took Maude and Gene on a tour of the farm. Both of them couldn't get over the size of our garden, but it looked perfectly tended to. I told them that it might be too far to walk around the other side of the mountain to the old Finnerty high vineyard and orchard.

That's when Gene spoke up, "I forgot to tell you. Management said you can have the three ATVs we talked about. Mike, this is a real deal. The units don't have many hours at all, and when you see them, you'll wonder when they were ever used. Each one comes with a good utility trailer to haul it around. You're going to really get some use from these. They should be at the distribution center tomorrow morning. The company said they would just deduct the amount from the path you are working on now. Hope that doesn't screw up your finances."

"That will be a good way to handle it, Gene. I'm good for operating expenses for both the path crew and the road crew right now. We've had a lot of startup expenses, but not nearly as much as I would have thought."

Maude laughed. "You amaze me, Mike. You pulled in that big check from that first path and clearing around the distribution center and didn't have to instantly use it up to pay debts. Your expenses for that group have been minimal so far, and you are getting some revenue from the logs. Your road deal was expensive at the start, since you had to buy the equipment from Ralph, but that was a really good deal. The equipment you bought up in Lexington was a decent deal, as well. You're doing fine right now and should continue to be until the county begins giving you your monthly road allowances. Make sure your road crew keeps track of the work they are doing on the roads so that the county will pay you for the whole county."

"They are keeping a record now so that we can track what roads may need work, Maude. We have been running around repairing the worst places. We've graded over a hundred miles of gravel road so far, in addition to setting up the office trailer and the new pole barn. The county would have had to pay over twenty grand for that pole barn. Maybe I can bill them for the labor and materials to get everything put up."

"I hadn't thought of that, Mike," Maude exclaimed. "I've been to a bunch of the commission meetings and I know a lot of county expenses are paid to people who do things as a benefit to the county. That pole barn and office trailer would qualify for a special payment. Get the receipts together for me and I'll help you present it at the next meeting."

As our visitors were leaving, Mom asked Ezra, "What do you think about roast bear sandwiches tomorrow. Do you think the men will like those?"

"Those men will eat just about anything that's free," Ezra answered. "You all treat those men almost too well. I'd love to have more of that bear meat for sandwiches tomorrow."

Chores were easy with the cow trying to dry up continuing to refuse milking. Her udder didn't seem swollen, so I figured she would be all right. Mom mentioned that she had seen the steer trying to ride the one cow that was milking. She said that I should call the vet to have her bred as the demonstration by the other stock usually indicated she was in heat and ready.

We all enjoyed watching the mother nursing her young calf. As the calf grew up, we would have to make up our minds whether to keep it, sell it, or eat it. A female that was a potential milk producer should have a decent value, especially to a small farm family.

When Summer came in the door, she was bursting to tell us what happened. She hugged her mother. "Momma, Bradley asked me to marry him. I said yes. He has a house for us and everything. We'll be living on the new farm they are buying. Bradley and his parents didn't know that the people who used to live there have already moved into town and we were able to walk through the house. It is really nice."

It took Summer and Millie over an hour to settle down before we could have a piece of cake and glass of milk before bed. I'm not sure Summer ever got to sleep.

Monday began a period of time that life became a little more predictable. After checking on the road crew and Ezra, I stopped by the distribution center. There were four trailers with the John Deere ATVs on them. Someone else must be getting a deal.

I found Gene inside, working with a group who were setting equipment up inside the building. After he finished with those men, he passed by his office to scoop up a handful of keys and papers, and walked out the door. Outside, he handed me a pile of papers and a handful of keys. He began showing me the paperwork.

"Mike, here are the units you asked for. These are the titles and this is the receipt for fifteen thousand from the path you are working on right now. You'll still have a little left when you finish this one, but will make out OK on the other three you're going to build from here. Just to let you know, one path is going up to Sterling to give us what we call an OC-48 network. If something happens in one direction, we can still feed our area from another. The other two paths will be local about the same length you are doing now. I'll get the maps for you this week."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.