Middle Years - Cover

Middle Years

Copyright© 2012 by JPM

Chapter 7

I know others feel that life is sometimes on auto-pilot. I find myself looking into the recent memories in my mind. I can feel that I need to get this all out so I can move on and get out of the rut I've been in. The triggers have helped me to see more things than I would like. And I know they are needed for me to move on.

I was driving to the dermatlologist appointment and saw a sign on the side of the road. "Who hit my cat? On Sat 4/21/12." I saw it and thought about it. My first reaction was to ask, "Why was your cat in the road to get hit by a car?" I mean really, with the amount of squirrels that get hit on our roads, how would someone know if it was a cat?

I just shake my head at some of the things that happen in our world. I guess if there was a phone number on the sign I would be tempted to call and ask that question.

Now I understand why some of the authors on web sites like this are hesitant to post incomplete stories. I have a block and I'll work around it. They have a block and I'm sure people reading their stories are anticipating the next chapter or two. I would rather read the story when I know it is completed. And you can tell I'm wandering all over the place trying to trigger something from that block of my time.

A very positive note for today!

I am feeling so relieved right now. You may recall the young woman I mentioned in "43 Years in Hiding", who decided to 'flash' me at the age of 14. She is now 24 years old. She called me a little while ago to go on a drive. She was on her way to pick up a kayak from a friend in Phoenixville. Would I mind helping her? I jumped at the chance. I wasn't sure if I would be able to broach the subject. She really made it very easy. She could recall some of the incident, and assures me that I did not harm her psyche in any way. She considers me her 'other dad' and has never felt that I acted strange in any fashion towards her. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. One little piece of guilt I can let go of in my mind.

She had me laughing as she explained she went through a phase of doing silly (and dangerous! I told her) things like that. She even told her mom about that incident, and perhaps another, and had me shaking my head at her antics during the entire conversation. I explained to her my thoughts of talking with her mom. I didn't know if it would embarrass her. "Nah", she said, "mom whipped me into shape on things like that."

She test drove her new kayak. It is a decent looking unit. She was quite happy with it. We loaded it into the back of her car. We tied it down and did not have any problems during the trip back to home.

I'm feeling mellow and relaxed. I need to continue my history so I might banish more demons. I'm just a tad frustrated about this block going on. I want everything in the light as quickly as possible. Perhaps I shouldn't try to push it.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.