The Early Years - Cover

The Early Years

Copyright© 2012 by JPM

Chapter 11

It is Saturday evening. About 7:30pm EST here in Pennsylvania. April 28, 2012

I need to go jump in the shower and make a run for food.

I sometimes really hate eating alone. I will ask everyone in attendance if they want to go out to eat.

Many times the others have plans.

Sometimes we can go out in 2's or 3's.

I have spoken to other friends and family about this. Most feel the same way.

I can grab something from fast food and it doesn't affect my 'comfort' at all.

I don't really like fast food so that doesn't happen too very often.

Our local Pizzaria and Chinese joints are fine.

But sometimes you really get the taste for Olive Garden or Ruby Tuesday. Or Longhorne Steak House.

I have people suggesting to me to take a seat at the bar. Most restaurants with bars will serve you food while in there. Heck, some of the appetizers are better than the main courses.

I don't like going into bars that much. The temptation to order a drink can be quite strong. And I do a good job of fighting that temptation 99.99% of the time.

Why throw the odds off balance and tempt fate by going into one? I know I do not.

Perhaps a run to Giant Food Store.

I suddenly have an urge to eat some Shrimp Cocktail. Weird. I really do not know where that came from.

Perhaps I was thinking about the time our dad took us out on the boat he got before we left Hampton, Virginia. A cabin cruiser. I believe it was a 25' model.

More memories to visit with and write down as I slowly figure out what is making me tick.

I know we have some really old pictures from those early years.

Me, sitting on the swingset in our backyard. I had just ripped my jeans. I was talking to mom as she captured our images for posterity.

My Southern drawl. Music to my ears. I can go down south and within a day or two I can feel the drawl start to recapture my voice.

I know I am rambling. I am in need of nourishment.

Staying in the light is giving me courage to look at all of the memories that are visiting. And I do not believe there are any other horrible, dark memories that will overshadow the one that has led me to here.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.