Sweet Caroline - Cover

Sweet Caroline

 

Chapter 30

“How about we take a trip to my folks, Jennifer?”

“Are you bringing me over to meet the parents ... again?” she said, sporting a very devious smile.

“Actually, the three of us need to have a discussion, my dear?”

“Uh-oh, am I in trouble, Richard?”

“NO, actually I am, Jenn. I’m in love with two women, and we need her to know about this, so we can discuss it like adults.”

“I’ll move out, Richard – that would solve it, wouldn’t it?”

“No, it wouldn’t, Jennifer ... you moving out would cause a lot of grief, Caroline depends on you, and now ... so do I.”

She broke down and started crying, I took her hand as we headed down to Mountain View.

We got there rather quickly, walked into the house and saw Caroline standing by herself. I walked up behind her and grabbed her and lifted her up, which is quite easy, because she’s so tiny.

“Put me down, you big ... Oh my Richard.”

She turned around, glanced at me, and then over to Jennifer and then back to me.

“You two, I can’t believe it. You two are in love with each other, aren’t you?” she said.

Jennifer jumped in and said, “I’m sorry Caroline, I told Richard I could move out, but he told me I couldn’t because he loved me. The bigger problem is that I love him too, but you mean so much to me, I can’t break you two up, the planets aligned to get you two together, and I’m just a moon in your solar system.”

Caroline countered with, “Awesome analogy Jenn, but to carry it through, they have found solar systems with more than just one sun, like on Tatooine in Star Wars.”

Don’t you just love a cute redhead that can make a legitimate Star Wars reference?

Mom walked in, “Well hello you two, are you joining us for dinner?”

I looked at Caroline. She motioned me to go.

“Mom, maybe next time, I just had to come and see my beautiful wife. Jennifer and I have an appointment near Stanford, so we better get going. Love you Mom. You too, baby doll!” I said as I kissed first my Mom, then my girl. “See you back at home, or are you staying here tonight, Caroline?”

I saw Caroline look at me, then Jenn, who was looking down at her feet. “Yeah, I think I will, Mom and Dad are having so much fun with Cathleen Jennifer, I’ll stay here. Why don’t you to go out to dinner, I know Jennifer likes to dress up, so I’ll see you guys tomorrow sometime.”

“Karen got a listing,” Jennifer blurted out, looking at her phone.

“Already, Wow – You said one good listing would pay for today. See you guys tomorrow, don’t do anything I wouldn’t do?”

We left and got into Jenn’s car and headed back up to Stanford.

“Do we have an appointment Richard, or is that code for more sex?” Jenn asked.

“Actually, Alexandra texted me that she has a possible listing just north of the University, so here we go,” I said, as Jenn scooted over and leaned her head on my shoulder. We headed north to possibly have the first 2-listing day in the short history of O’Hara and O’Hara LLC.

“She said it’s on Blackburn, use your laptop and guide me in please?” I asked Jenn.

We eventually found it, and met up with Alexandra and a young couple.

“Hello, my name is Richard O’Hara, this is Jennifer O’Malley, another one of my associates.”

“O’Malley, would you be related to Jeremiah O’Malley from Stockton?” The young man said.

“Yes, he’s my father?” Jenn said, “Do I know you?”

“We went to school together for a year, I was a senior and you were the prettiest sophomore at the school. I’m sorry! My name is Paul Sycamore.”

“I remember a jock named Paul Sycamore who was so full of himself he only dated cheerleaders, sometimes two at a time,” Jenn said acting demure.

The woman put out her hand saying, “I remember you Jennifer. All of us ‘cheerleaders’ were envious of your beautiful long black hair.”

Alexandra cleared her throat, getting our attention back, “Excuse me, Paul and Kayla, I need to talk to my Broker for a moment, go on with your reunion, I’ll be just a moment.”

“Richard, I looked through the house, it’s definitely a fixer-upper, but it should show well. Given its size and being so near Stanford, I think it would sell quickly at a price of $334,950.”

“I agree, it may be a little underpriced, but whatever they want. How did they have the house to sell?”

“His parents have moved across the country, and he and his new wife didn’t want such a big house?”

I turned back around. “Paul and Kayla, where are you looking to live? Do you have any preferences at all, in the area, not in the area?”

Paul said, “Actually Mr. O’Hara ... we were thinking of moving into an apartment somewhere and sit down to decide exactly what you just asked.”

I went on, “We have a listing near Grant Park in South Los Altos, that has been on the market for about a year. I’ve been through it, its ready for someone to move in, and it’s only $235,000, so we could write it up as a contingency sale, meaning this house has to sell before you can buy the Grant Park home, but here is the sweetener? With a check of say, $5,000 you could move into the new home, and pay a daily rent, while waiting for this home to sell. You could ‘net’ close to $80k after the dust settles. My associate Jennifer and I could show it to you if you’d like.”

I caught a glance from Alexandra and Jennifer as the Sycamores discussed my offer. They broke up their discussion and said, “Where’s that listing agreement you want us to sign?”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.