Sweet Caroline
Chapter 19

 

“Caroline, you may have been 12 and I was 20, but you were my favorite person ... your eyes sparkled, your legs were, and still are, magnificent ... and you became My Sweet Caroline, and I had it pretty bad for you, even though we were so far apart in age. I could only hope you would care for me after you grew up. To be completely honest, I became a lover of all redheads because of you.”

“Now, Rich ... I’m 18 and you’re 26, and we can’t keep our hands off each other. I want to tell the world I love you, but I know I can’t. I have to be satisfied with the little things, your touch, a look, your smile. I want to share my love with you with everyone we meet, but I can’t. Hopefully, this move to Stockton will allow us to be lovers in the open.”

“As much as she likes to flirt with you, you better set some ground rules for Jenn, or I will,” Caroline added.

“Let’s get something to eat, Caroline ... I’m starving. Let’s cruise Stockton and see what there is, in the way of restaurants. Get dressed, we’ll eat somewhere and come back, and work off the calories.”

“OK, Wichie...”

My phone rang, it came up as Blocked.

“Hello, Richard O’Hara here?”

“Hi Rich, this is Jenn, just calling to let you know everyone is done for the day. I’m locking up and will see you in the morning.”

“Hey Jenn, thanks so much for all you did for us the last couple of days. Your Dad trained you well, as far as treating people nicely and fairly.”

“Thank you, Rich-- it’s easy being nice to you and Caroline, you don’t sound condescending when you talk to me, like some of Daddy’s business people do.”

“Caroline and I were going out to look around Stockton, and find a nice place to eat,” I looked over to Caroline and mouthed ‘can she join us’ and she quickly mouthed back ‘sure.’ “Would you like to give us a tour of your fair city, then I’ll treat O’Hara and O’Hara’s newest employee to dinner at the place of her choosing?”

“Wow. That sounds like a blast. I’ll come to you two, I’ll meet you in the lobby. See you in 10 minutes. Toodles.”

“Toodles to you too, Jenn. She really is a sweet young girl, Caroline. I don’t understand why you consider her a threat, I’ve got my lady right here.”

I walked up to Caroline and gave her a soulful kiss.

“I’m not as worried about you as I am about her. She seems a bit impulsive, but then so am I. Get dressed, let’s go on a tour of Stockton with ‘Toodles O’Malley.’

We met Jenn in the lobby ... and we all piled into my car, and drove around Stockton, with ‘Toodles’ pointing out City Hall, and the Imax Regal Cinema Center, along with a number of other interesting places. We ended up at her favorite Bar and Grill, called Bradley’s.

As we walked in, the young man behind the bar yelled, “Yo Jenn.”

She looked a little embarrassed and said, “I used to date Jimbo, but he got a little handsy.”

I offered, in my horrible Marlon Brando voice, “You want I should go and break his legs, Jenn?”

That made both girls laugh, and helped to reduce the tension I felt between Caroline and Jenn. After we sat down, Caroline excused herself to the bathroom, leaving me with Jenn. Is this a test?

Oh, boy!

Jenn and I were talking about the city and the local sports teams, and I mentioned that I had been a basketball player at Stanford, and she grabbed my arm and said, “You know, Jimbo would love to meet you.” Caroline came back, smiled and sat down. Jenn grabbed me and took me to the bar, “Jimbo, this is Richard O’Hara he played basketball at Stanford.”

“Fucking A, man ... I remember Rich O’Hara, you had an awesome set shot from 20, I made some money off you, dude. You averaged 19.4 points per game over four years, along with 3.7 steals and 6 rebounds per game. Tore your Achilles tendon during your final college basketball game. Can I get you a drink Rich, on the house?”

“Sure, Miller Beer in a bottle, Jimbo. Jennifer sold me and my wife a home today, her first sale, I believe.” This made Jennifer light up.

“Rich, women have no place in business, they should just stay home and pop out as many babies as they can. What’s the expression, Barefoot and Pregnant? Here’s your beer,” Jim said, to my amazement.

“Thanks, Jimbo ... come on Jenn, let’s order some food. I grabbed her by the hand and took her back to our table. Caroline immediately started in.

“What was that all about, Rich?”

“Can I speak freely about Jimbo, Jenn?”

“Sure ... we broke up over two months ago.”

“Well, Jenn ... pardon my language, but he’s a fucking idiot. He doesn’t respect women enough to talk to them instead of at them, and I personally would like to break open his face for talking to you that way.”

“Well, aren’t you a knight in shining armor-Caroline, he’s the nicest guy I’ve ever met. You sure there’s not any more at home like you, Rich?”

Caroline took my hand and said, “They made my Rich, and then broke the mold, didn’t they Jenn?”

“Uh-huh, Caroline. In Jimbo’s case they broke the mold first,” Jennifer responded quickly, with a little chuckle in her voice.

A waitress came up and took our order. We all decided to order their signature Bacon and Cheeseburger Combo. Jenn and Caroline ordered soda while I nursed a beer.

I felt a hand on my leg and I saw both of Caroline’s on the table. I looked over and saw Jenn smiling at me, with a rather nasty and mischievous smile. Since the place was rather noisy, I leaned over to Jenn and said, “I’m not available, OK ... and let’s not discuss it again.”

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.