The Protector - Red Rage
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2012 by MisguidedChild

Carlos Cruz was in a rage like he had never felt before. It felt like his blood was boiling. Carlos was watching the live news footage of the standoff in Kansas City from his compound just outside Dallas Texas. Early in the news broadcast he had resigned himself to the fact that his stupid cousin wasn't going to return with his prize. His cousin was going to get himself killed and probably the three remaining men on his team too. Carlos didn't mind him or his men dying. They really didn't matter but if they died but they could have had the decency to kill the bitch and her daughter first. Carlos wanted to hear them scream. He wanted to make the old Mafioso listen to them scream but even a bullet in the head of the woman and her brat would have been better than allowing them to walk away.

The live news feed from the helicopter had caused Carlos to laugh just a short time ago. The news anchor explained with bated breath what was happening. The police were sending a hostage negotiator into a dangerous situation to try to get the hostages out. The anchor's voice during the running monologue explaining what was happening during the hostage crisis was pitched to add drama to the episode. The hostage negotiator had entered the shop and the anchor wondered aloud if such a dangerous situation could ever have a good ending. Everything the news crew did was planned to add viewers and increase ratings. The old newspaper mantra of, 'If it bleeds it leads, ' was just as true for television news and Carlos loved it. He could imagine all the men and women watching the news feed with a voyeuristic ecstasy; just hoping to see someone being killed. This was what Carlos thirsted for, lived for, and needed in the worst way. Television and the news broadcast were his strongest allies in spreading the excitement and thrill of death and destruction. They all protested how evil the actions were and even posted warnings of the suitability of some scenes for children. All the protestations and warnings did was spike viewership with all the people that had to see for themselves how terrible the events were.

His laughter rose to maniacal howls of mirth when the news anchor reported shots being fired inside the coffee shop. The helicopter camera view showed the police scurrying around like ants in a kicked ant hil. The anchor's voice was no longer hushed. It was excited by the blood lust that all human animals share. Carlos felt it. He wished that he had thought to bring one of his little bitches in to service him while he was watching the end of his cousin's life. He kept a supply of illegals for his own personal use. He imagined what it must be like inside the coffee shop. Carlos could almost taste the spray of blood as bodies were torn and people died. Carlos stood to get one of his playthings. Maybe he would take one of the mothers this time. He could use her while her child was being killed so he could feel her pain and hopelessness. His victims despair was like ambrosia on his senses. He stopped as the news anchor excitedly announced an arm waving from the front door of the coffee shop. He watched the television with growing disbelief as a policewoman emerged from the door. His laughter turned to screams of rage when the hostage negotiator emerged with the bitch and her brat.

Carlos screamed at the television and grabbing a paper weight, threw it at the screen. The screen cracked but the picture continued to play and the anchor's excited voice continued to narrate what was happening.

Moment later a news man was shoving his microphone into the hostage negotiator's face and asked about what had happened inside. Carlos recognized him. He wasn't with the police department. He was the Mafia assassin. He was supposed to have been killed weeks ago. Then the words registered with Carlos.

"Officer, what happened in there?" the news caster yelled over the sound of the helicopter.

"I'm not with the police department," Jonas yelled back over the noise. "I was on loan to them for this assignment." He looked over his shoulder at the coffee shop as a stretcher was carried out with the waitress on it before turning back to the microphone. He had a dismissive expression on his face when he said, "There were men from the Cordova Mexican Drug Cartel holding the hostages so it really wasn't much of an issue. You see, the soldiers, like their boss Carlos Cruz are dangerous because they have a lot of weapons and no conscience. They don't care who they kill or how many they kill but they aren't very smart. Anyone can beat them with just a little planning and thought because their only answer to every challenge is to kill."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.