The Bells of Tanah
Chapter 14

Copyright© 2012 by Invid Fan

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 14 - Supermarkets. Not the first thing you think of when it comes to interstellar travel. But, one cold winter night, the stock boys and cashiers of a small Bells store find themselves far from home. Will there be aliens? Spaceships? Two for one specials? Only time will tell...

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   ft/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Science Fiction   Space   non-anthro   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Pregnancy   Hairy  

Alicia had almost lost the capacity for awe.

She was walking, up metal stairs, on the outside of a rather ordinary steel building on an all water planet, surrounded by crab aliens, holding hands with her monkey lover.

God, what would her parents think?

Probably, sad to say, the whole lesbian thing would freak them out the most. Her mother, in particular, seemed to have a real thing against that. Any time one of THOSE women showed up on TV, there'd be this disgusted rant that had nothing to do with sexual preferences, but, you know, had EVERYTHING to do with it. Dad would say nothing, just nod, a disapproving look in his eyes. A gay guy appearing on screen would signal his turn.

Hmm. Alicia hadn't thought of her family in awhile.

Turning her head, her eyes caught Justin's. He nodded. Justin was another thing her mother would have ranted about. Again, she never would have pointed out his skin color as an issue. She would just, well, point out possible problems with associating with one of his kind. The fact Alicia wasn't, technically, in a relationship with him wouldn't have mattered.

Nor, really, would that have been believed.

Alicia and Justin weren't in love. They weren't married. They were, both, married to Daium. They both wore her ring, and she wore two rings. It was a distinction that was almost the definition of splitting hairs, given they shared one "bed" (or at least floating space), and their bodies, freely among themselves. But it was one she had insisted on. She DIDN'T love him. There was no spark. If Alicia wasn't warmed up by Daium, she probably wouldn't even be wet enough to take his cock. Before this, she had been all heterosexual, so it wasn't that. The geek was just ... well, you know.

She had come to like him, at least. The more time they spent together, the more a reasonable understanding had developed between them. That he would father her children was perfectly fine with her, and ... well, who knew. Maybe love would blossom by then. Alicia was awaiting her next period to see if there in fact was one: if not, they'd discover if nine months was enough time for another pair of rings to be exchanged.

Alicia wasn't gay, either. Fifteen minutes alone with Tammy had confirmed that, which both luckily, afterwards, had been able to laugh about. Justin had started calling her "Daiumsexual", a reference to some game called Dragon Age 2. In that game, apparently, rather than give the characters consistent personalities, as in the first installment, the creators made them all attracted to whatever gender the player's character was. She could buy that. The theory about herself, that is, not the game. She didn't care for fantasy games that much.

Which made it all the more ironic that her life was now a fantasy.

At the top of the third flight of stairs, Alicia stopped. Her legs were hurting.

"Can we pause a moment, guys?" She squeezed Daium's warm hand, getting one in return. Justin nodded.

"Sounds good." Letting go of Daium's other hand, he moved over to the railing on the small balcony. Stairs continued up for another two floors. Looking out over the endless ocean, he chuckled. "I'm wondering why the hell there ARE stairs, to be honest. Not very multi-species friendly." He turned to look at Daium. "What are we going up to, anyway?"

With a sigh, and a pause to lean down and rub her calf muscles, Daium leaned back against the tan brick wall.

"There is a former ... Orang office, on the top floor. They made only stairs to keep most from reaching it."

"Sort of an embassy?" Her expression showed she clearly didn't know that word, so Justin tried again. "A place for diplomates, to help with trade and other things?" Daium shrugged and nodded.

"Close enough. It closed, when..."

She went silent.

Alicia and Justin exchanged another glance.

"OK," Alicia told her lover, moving to sit on the metal landing, "dish." They were on the shaded side of the building, luckily, so the metal was cool. The last thing she wanted was a burned ass.

Daium looked down at her, confused.

"Dish?"

"Tell us," Justin translated, sitting down himself, leaning back against one of the railing supports. "What the heck are you and Rinda keeping to yourself?"

Daium looked between the two. Alicia smiled, patting the floor next to her. With a sigh, Daium let herself slide down the wall, onto her butt. Bringing her knees up to her chest, green skirt rising to reveal green panties, she hugged her legs.

"It..." she started, then paused. Looking over at Justin, she asked, "On Earth. How many races are there?"

Alicia wondered why she'd want to know about that, or why she'd even think there were different races of humans. It's not like the difference in fur color between Daium and Rinda seemed to indicate different races. She saw Justin furrow his brow for a moment, before widening his eyes in understanding.

"Now? None. There's just humans. Long ago, there were more. Every year we learn more about them, where they were and how long they lasted. The last were what we call Neanderthals, who lived in Europe when Humans came out of Africa a hundred thousand or so years ago. I can't remember the exact dates. They had fire, art, possibly religion, but so far as we can tell they died out after a few thousand more years of living beside us. Some think we bred with them, but I'm not sure if that's proven." Alicia was impressed. She hadn't even considered that meaning to her words. Justin then laughed. "Oh, almost forgot, a few years ago they found remains of some very short human-like creatures that lived only a few thousand years ago. They're not sure if they're mutated humans, or a different race that survived alongside man." He looked at Daium. "Why?"

She hugged her knees tighter.

"There were three races on Tanah, when the first cities were built. The Orang, the Khn, and Nhan Dan. We were similar, but different, as the species of similar animals are different. We ... sometimes we fought, sometimes we had peace. As the world filled, we fought more."

She paused. Alicia reached over, running her hand through the soft black and grey fur on her arm. This didn't seem to help, but Daium went on.

"The Orang were the first into space. The first to reach orbit, the first to reach the next planet. There ... we discovered aliens."

The two humans leaned forward, eyes wide. Daium looked between them, sadly.

"When I discovered you and your friends were from a new world, were innocents in the ways of the universe, I was afraid I'd be repeating the errors of that first contact. They ... the Pobl told us about the universe. About what was out there. They offered to trade, needing fuel mined for their ship to make it home. We did. We traded for knowledge, for ... for weapons." She swallowed. "Five years later, the Khn and Nhan Dan were no more."

Alicia's veins filled with ice. Genocide. She saw Justin's expression harden. Daium just nodded, eyes downcast.

"That was a century ago. The Orang used the knowledge. Went out into the universe. We explored those systems around us. Found three of them populated, by unrelated bird-like creatures. They occupied the first worlds we had seen nearby that could hold Orangs. And, the birds on two of the worlds were primitive. We..."

"You attacked." Justin's words were cold.

"We destroyed them. Wiped out two whole races, on two worlds. My ... Father was appalled. He, as a youngster, had supported the first attack, thinking maybe the creatures would surrender, be made subservient." She shook her head. "He was young, and a fool. He realized his mistake too late. He tried to stop the second, joining the government, trying to gain influence and allies. But ... he was one Orang. Even my sister, my Uncles and Aunts, were for the wars. I was the only one on his side.

"Word spread about the Orang. Our traders, to the wider universe, began to be looked on with suspicion ... hate. We were young, upstarts, bursting out of our system like a plague. Father heard rumors that forces were gathering to contain us. He ... he decided to stop the madness before we were destroyed."

"But it didn't work," Alicia said, quietly. Shifting over, she pressed the side of her body against Daium, arm going around her.

"No ... he ... didn't tell me his plan. I didn't know he told the Ludzie they were our next target. I thought he was just telling the military that the plans had been leaked, to try and get them to call it off. I ... I didn't think!" Turning, Daium buried her head in Alicia's chest, crying.

Holding her sobbing wife, Alicia looked at Justin. He was staring out onto the spaceport spread out below them. Their ship, the Bells, was just barely in view. She saw him take a deep breath ... and let it out.

"Does Rinda know what your father did?"

"No," she sniffled, head coming up. Her glasses were askew, the four lenses a bit fogged up. Alicia gently removed them, pulling a tissue out of her pocket to wipe the round lenses, returning it to Daium's face without comment. "Well ... Rinda doesn't even know we're related. My Uncle introduced me as just a Captain, not her cousin. She probably knows the name of the traitor, and hates him."

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.