Pelle the Collier
Chapter 16: How the Baroness Ermegart Has a Need for Pelle

Copyright© 2012 by Argon

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 16: How the Baroness Ermegart Has a Need for Pelle - This is the story of Pelle the Collier; how he saved Birkenhain lands and avenged his father and his liege lord. It is also the story of Ingeburg, the late Baron's beautiful bastard daughter, who was banned from the castle as a small girl. 14th century fiction!

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Historical   Cuckold   First   Pregnancy  

Whilst Luise was still locked in the stocks, the baron’s party was travelling back to Birkenhain at a comfortable pace. Lieselotte had chosen to sit with her husband’s mother and with Ingeburg, and the three women enjoyed the chance to talk freely, for the coachman was very hard of hearing. The subject was one that worried both the young and the old baroness.

“I had my bleeding again last week,” Lieselotte said sadly.

“Did my son perform his duties on you on those special days the Jewess mentioned?”

Lieselotte nodded, even showing a faint smile.

“He did, more than once. It ... it felt so good those times, and I thought I should have caught. I think I even wailed once much like Ingeburg does. I thought that should be enough.”

“Did you speak to the Jewess about it?”

“I did. She ... she said something...”

“What?”

“Please don’t be angry at me or her, but she fears that the Mumps may have left Sigfrid dried up. She said when grown men have the fever such things can happen.”

“But Sigfrid, you said he was doing well?”

“He was and I liked it fine. Yet, Rebecca says that’s what can happen.”

The baroness felt desperation wash over her. Not this! Finally, Sigfrid had found a healthy wife from noble pedigree and now the accursed fever had left him dried up?

“Ingeburg, keep all this to yourself. Tell the Jewess to come to my bower tomorrow. I need to get to the bottom of this.”

°°°

The young Jewess was clearly fearful when she was led into Baroness Ermegart’s chambers. She knelt before the older woman with her head bowed.

“Be at ease, Rebecca, Levy’s daughter,” the baroness told her. “I have need for your insight. You told the baroness that the Mumps can geld a man?”

The girl swallowed, obviously afraid to answer, and Ermegart realised that she had reasons for fear.

“Have no fear, Rebecca. Tell me what you know. I have a high opinion of your knowledge.”

“It is not like gelding, oh Lady. Gelding would take away the urge and ability to...” her voice faltered.

“I understand you. What is it like then?”

“The fever may destroy the potency of the man’s essence. My mother told me of this and I have seen it thrice in the last years.” Rebecca counted on her fingers. “Hannes the Cooper sired four children before the fever hit him and none after. The tanner Anselm had five before and none after. Henning the Baker had two children by his wife and three on the side. Again, none after the Mumps. It does not strike all men either. The smith Rumpolt had it, but his wife birthed last week.”

“There are other explanations for that. Rumpolt’s wife is not known for her virtue,” Ermegart smirked making Rebecca blush.

“That I cannot know, oh Lady.”

“No, you wouldn’t, innocent and honest as you are, my girl. Return to your father now with my thanks. Don’t speak of this to others, you hear?”

“No, I wouldn’t, Lady. Who would come to me if I told on those seeking my help?”

“Erina, see to it that Rebecca receives a Ducat for her good service.”

The lady-in-waiting nodded and led Rebecca from the chambers. Ermegart sat down and thought furiously. Something had to be done. Birkenhain needed an heir urgently. One thought came, but she dismissed it after mulling over it for a while. Too many people knew of Ingeburg’s blessed state already to have her child raised as heir. She would be ideal though, being a direct descendent of the Baron Friderich. Thinking of Ingeburg gave the old baroness another idea. Yes, it would take some planning and the willingness of no fewer than three persons, but it would be doable and the outcome would be perfect. In fact, it had been done in the past. She rang her bell.

“Erina, send for Ingeburg,” she ordered.

Ingeburg showed a few heartbeats later and Ermegart had to smile in spite of the problems she faced. Ingeburg showed her state a little, and she was bursting with happiness, a happiness that was infective.

“Ingeburg my dear girl, come and sit with me. I have important things to talk about and you can do a great service to the lands. Know you though that this is something I will not force on you and your husband.”

“Yes?” Ingeburg asked warily.

“I spoke to the Jewess Rebecca and I fear she is right. It fits with something in my own family. I fear that my son will be unable to sire any offspring, yet offspring is urgently needed to maintain the family line and to secure our lands.”

Ingeburg instinctively hugged her belly in fear.

“Have no fear. I shall not ask for your firstborn. No, my idea is different. Lieselotte is a healthy young woman and she should be well capable of birthing herself. What we need is another man’s essence to start life in her womb. It must be somebody who knows how to keep his mouth shut, somebody healthy, and somebody bearing resemblance to my son. Do you know whereto I am heading?”

Ingeburg swallowed. “Pelle?”

“Yes, my dear. He lives out in the forest and nobody would ever suspect him. He is too much of an outsider, too much of an unknown. Yet, his stature, his hair, even his strong, manly face are eerily similar to those of my son. Could you, my dear girl, bear it if he were to lie with Lieselotte until a life is planted in her womb?”

Tears formed in Ingeburg’s eyes and when she spoke her voice was brittle.

“I ... I feel like my heart is torn. I love Lieselotte dearly and I pray to God every day asking him to bless her. Yet, the thought of Pelle lying with another woman, even with Lieselotte, tears into my heart. I also know that he is the best you could find, for he knows how to treat women right and he is gentle. He is strong and healthy, too. I know all that and if you think it is the only way then I shall cope with it.”

“That service, Ingeburg, will never be forgotten!” Ermegart spoke with warmth. Then for the first time she reached out and hugged Ingeburg. “I have come to see you much as my daughter. I never had a child after Sigfrid, but when you were born I often carried you and held you. If your poor mother had been more agreeable, I wouldn’t have minded for her to stay here. Alas, she could not.”

“But then I would have never met Pelle,” Ingeburg answered with calm conviction. “My life would be much less fulfilled.”

“You love him dearly, I know, and what I saw of him makes me understand you. Neidhard is getting old. Your Pelle can follow him one day as Overseer of the Lands.”

Ingeburg swallowed realising the magnitude of the promise. The Overseer of the Lands came second only to the Field-Captain.

“Yes, Ingeburg, you and Pelle will sit right at the dais in the hall. That is, if he will agree. Again, if he feels he cannot do it, then we cannot force him. After all, if the man is unwilling what can be done?”

That brought a fond smile to Ingeburg’s face. “He’ll do it if I ask him to,” she said calmly, still smiling. “He loves me so much he’ll even betray me for my sake.”

“Do not see it as betrayal, Ingeburg. Lieselotte will not steal him from you. Trust me, my girl: betrayal is different.”

“I know. We still don’t know Lieselotte’s mind, though.”

“Yes, you are right. Let us see her.”

°°°

“I could never do this to Ingeburg. She is like my sister,” Lieselotte answered promptly.

“I have mulled this, Liese, and I can accept it. It is important for you, for the lands, for our family. Unless you feel that you cannot stand Pelle I will help as much as I can.”

“But you love him. You told me time and again.”

“I do, but I will not lose him. I love you, too, and I know your urgent wish to have children.”

“Still, Sigfrid is my wedded husband. I care for him and I will not betray him.”

“I too love Sigfrid dearly, for he is my son,” Ermegart spoke. “He wishes for an heir. How can we tell him that he is wanting as a man? How can we ever tell him that his line will die with him? All he’ll ever know will be that his beloved wife has given him an heir. He will be happy and fulfilled. Don’t you want that?”

“How can we do that? It is impossible. Sigfrid spends all nights with me now.”

Ermegart shrugged. “You know, he’ll be leaving Birkenhain next week for the jousting tournament at the Wartburg. I shall invite Pelle to stay longer to lighten Ingeburg’s mood. She will move to another chamber, one that has secret access to my own bower. Lieselotte, you will come to visit with me and then climb up to Ingeburg’s chamber where Pelle can perform his task. Nobody can suspect us if my husband’s wife spends time alone with me, and the secret passageway is known only to me.”

Lieselotte lowered her head and her voice was not too steady.

“I need to think. Let me know if Pelle is agreeable and then I shall decide.”

“Lieselotte, my child, we better not bring this up with him before you are decided,” the Baroness Ermegart replied.

“He’ll not visit before tomorrow. I shall give you my answer before then.”

Ingeburg stayed with Lieselotte whilst Baroness Ermegart left to plan the next steps, namely to set the stage for the promised rewards for her co-conspirators.

°°°

When Pelle arrived in Birkenhain on the next noon he delivered his coal as usual. His horses were taken care of in the stables of the castle, a gesture of consideration from the baron that Pelle appreciated greatly. Matthias and Marja gaped openly at the splendour of the buildings inside the walls, and Pelle spent some time showing them around. They made the planned purchases: fur lined shoes, wool cloth, and cloaks for the youngsters. They also bought things to stock up the kitchen, plus the promised keg of wine for Father Ortwinus.

Within a short time Gebhardt came running, smiling broadly and offering to entertain Marja until suppertime. The girl agreed with a smile and a blush, and together they strolled the alleys. That left Pelle and Matthias alone, but again this was easily taken care of when Pelle left the boy at the Red Cockerel with two Groschen and a promise from Elsa to show the youngster the time of his young life. Pelle then left the starry-eyed Matthias to his fate and returned to the castle where he was approached by the chamberlain at once.

“Our Lady Ermegart commands you to her chambers,” he told Pelle.

Pelle was not daunted. He was accustomed to dealing with the baron’s family by now. He was only curious to learn what lay in wait for him. Accustomed and familiar he was, but he still made sure to bow deeply and speak respectfully. The old baroness nodded with appreciation.

“We enjoyed the hospitality of your home, Pelle. Also, word has spread how you protected that peasant girl against the lewdness of the villagers. Ingeburg has filled us in on the true nature of those accusations levied against her and we all applaud your conduct.”

“Such was my purpose, Lady,” Pelle replied.

“You will hear more recognition today at supper. However, that for which I have to ask you will gain you no open thanks and no advancement. It will earn you my gratitude, though, and my personal friendship and protection.”

Pelle bowed thinking of a fitting response. Fortunately his wits did not fail him.

“Richer rewards I cannot fathom.”

“Yes, one may say that,” the baroness stated with a brief, grim smile. “I shall be blunt. It would seem that the Mumps fever left my son unable to sire children. At least that is what the young Jewess thinks and I have come to value her judgement. Do you know what will happen when the House of Birkenhain is extinguished?”

“No, Lady.”

“The lands will fall to Tosdalen Abbey. I imagine that living under Birkenhain rule is preferable to you?”

Pelle could not fully hide the hatred and the fear he felt at this prospect. The old woman nodded.

“I thought so. Well, here is where you can help. We all know the state of hope in which Ingeburg is and the rumour is that you are very skilled in making your wife happy. You are close to my son in face, hair and stature. We need you to sire an heir with the Baroness Lieselotte.”

Pelle actually staggered back two paces. His mouth opened and closed whilst his mind tried to cope with this outrageous idea.

“L—lady, I fear this to be impossible. I am a loyal servant of your son, and to betray his trust so vilely, cuckolding him even, is not how I shall repay his kindness.”

Ermegart nodded, obviously pleased.

“I can thus add a stout and loyal heart to your strengths. Nay, you will serve my son and the lands. He must never find out his weakness or it may destroy his pride. Poor Lieselotte will be childless and the lands will fall into the Abbot’s hands lest you do us this service.”

“Lady, if the your son learns of this he’ll have me gelded and staked. If that is not all, if Ingeburg finds out she will know me for an adulterer and I shall lose her love. That I could bear even less than the gelding and staking.”

“Ingeburg knows what I ask of you, and she sees the reasons behind it. Do not take my word for it, ask her; but keep this quiet. As for my son, he must never know. He will only see an heir born to his line and it will make him happy and proud. I shall make you this offer: when Lieselotte gives birth to a healthy child, be it male or female, Ingeburg will be released from her service in Birkenhain, free to return to your cabin. Or she can stay here and you will be made Overseer of the Lands. It will be your choice alone once you do this service for the lands.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.