Starship - Cover

Starship

Copyright© 2012 by Yoron

Chapter 8

An Interlude

( this is where you can go get the coke and popcorn, or beer and ham, or whatever you eat. No, and you can forget that one, I will not ask you what you’re munching on now, or at )


Structures.

Structures friends, that’s what shape a universe. The planet may be old, but not senile. Structures and what we call emergence’s. They shape our life, water freezing into ice, phase changes. Ever noticed how alike small machines those smallest things can be? No? Take taste buds, I’m sure you too have them, I hope I do anyway? Well, why sugar taste sweet is not only due to chemistry, or if you prefer, electrochemistry. It’s also about the geometry.

Those first artificial sweetener was actually found by mistake, a failed experiment, but one in where the researcher happened to get some of the ‘stuff’ on his fingers, and then found the taste to be extremely addicting. It took some time to understand how this could be, but in the end it was traced to the geometry of those receptors versus the shape of those corns. They were almost a perfect fit to the taste buds receptors. And the brain interpreted that as ‘very sweet’.

So yes, the first artificial sweetener came from coal tar. Saccharin. 1897

Makes you wonder, doesn’t it?

Maybe not.

Anyway

Of course there will be a page more soon, it might be a blank, But a page it will be.

See, that wasn’t so bad, was it?

Just need to find out what they’re doing, and, what that dam*ed planet is up to, and that weird indenture.com.

Can’t understand why they bugged in? It was supposed to be a love-story, and now one of them already went dying on me!

Yep, that f**ng starship

There went my Ménage à trois, or something to that intent.

I had great plans for them.

Great plans

Going to hire me some private detectives. They better be good, I have a feeling that those characters are rather sneaky. Some are worse of course. Ah well, as Arnold use to say

“I’ll be back.”

PS:

Let’s avoid the suits for now, it’s not only Janelle that gets a headache. I honestly don’t trust them ... Who the f* would?

A Royal pain in the a** if you ask me

sneaky

Definitely sneaky

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.