Storytellers
Chapter 23

Copyright© 2012 by Paris Waterman

Time Travel Sci-Fi Sex Story: Chapter 23 - Its 1947, war veteran, Roy Shannon encounters an Alien in New Mexico. As a reward for helping him escape the alien provides Roy with what he calls the story of a lifetime.It takes us back to the origins of baseball; introduces a man who can merge with whomever he pleases; and along the way becomes the most terrifying serial killer in history.

Caution: This Time Travel Sci-Fi Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Time Travel   Historical   Incest   Sister   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Pregnancy   Caution   Violence   Prostitution  

Bill Admits to the Kingsbury Run Murders

It took us seven days to cross the country. We paused a day in Cleveland, where Bill took me to several of the sites the notorious Cleveland Torso Killer had either butchered or left his victims.

I was somewhat familiar with the Cleveland Torso Murders, having covered a couple of them for the Tribune, and it came as no surprise to hear Bill admit to them, for the Dahlia's body bore many similarities to those of the torso killer.

For those not in the know, during a time span of roughly four years (1934 – 1938) at least 13 victims were attributed to him. Only two of whom were identified. It didn't matter to the killer if the victim were male or female. These killings were also known as the Kingsbury Run Murders as that was the location several of the torsos were found.

We were sitting in a diner in downtown Cleveland having supper, when I put my first question to Bill; it appeared to catch him off guard, something that hadn't happened before.

"Were these murders a personal challenge to Elliot Ness?" [1]

"Not initially, but when he stuck that big nose of his into things I made it so," Bill said with that cold, frightening smile of his. "The first wuz back in '34. Nothing much came of it. But I had made the acquaintance of a most interesting man, of whom I'll reveal more a bit later."

"Please continue," I said, cutting into my rib eye with a relish I hadn't felt until Bill began talking.

"Tomorrow we'll go over the actual kill sites; but for now I'll fill you in on the killings and my game of cat and mouse with Mr. Untouchable, the esteemed Elliot Ness.

"It wuz one of his underlings who brought Ness's attention to a homicide uncovered by a barking dog. The victim's head had been surgically removed. The coroner stated it had been accomplished with one long, single sweep with a large knife that virtually severed the entire head. The torso and arms and legs were also clean amputations. Moreover, the body had been drained of blood and washed before it was wrapped in newspaper and dumped behind a butcher shop on East 20th street.

"Ness thought right off that a doctor had committed the crime, and he wuz right."

I swallowed a piece of rib eye and told him I had no objection, and Bill went on with his tale of unbounded murder.

"Fingerprints identified the woman as Florence Polillo, a sometime prostitute, recently living on relief. Her clients tended to use her as a punching bag and it wuzn't unusual to see her on crutches, or with her face darkened by blows from disgruntled customers. In other words, she wuz a lousy fuck," he laughed. "She caught our attention when after turning her offer of a blowjob down, she cursed at us. Us being the one person with whom I'd merged. I wuz surprised at the violence of our reaction to it.

"Of course we chopped her into pieces, leaving them scattered about the area, not caring who found her or when they found her.

"This wuz the first Ness had heard of the murder and it served to whet his appetite. He looked into it, but like everyone else, came up empty. At any rate, he had other things on his mind."

"Political office, perhaps?" I offered.

"I would think so," Bill replied. "But then in February of '37, there wuz a virtual repeat of the Lady of the Lake murder from '34. This would be number 7, and she wuz found in almost the identical place the earlier woman had been found. She wuz headless; her arms had been amputated and the torso bisected, and she wuz never identified.

"As in the earlier murder, the question remained: wuz she dumped in Lake Erie where she washed up on the beach or did her body float from Kingsbury into the Cuyahoga River and then into the lake? It wuz two months before her body, I mean her lower torso wuz found floating off East 30th Street, much closer to the mouth of the Cuyahoga River. All they could determine wuz that she wuz probably between 25 and 35 years old, and had medium brown hair.

"They also concluded the killer wuz a right-handed male using a heavy, sharp knife. Not too difficult a conclusion on their part," Bill added sarcastically.

"You know, not to beat my chest, or anything, but law enforcement just ain't up to catching any murderer worth his or her salt. They look to the family members first. Once that bridge has been crossed, they look to see who benefits financially or otherwise. They 'interview' their suspects. The levels of intimidation vary, but none of 'em is pleasant. Basically, people are weak and or frightened of their own shadows. Many of those interrogated, confess to crimes they didn't commit. Law enforcement, anxious to close any open case, leap to convict, using the flimsiest evidence, and unless the defendant has a damn good lawyer, they're off to prison and very likely the electric chair. And there in a nutshell is why I ain't ever been questioned ... well, almost never."

"What do you mean by that, Bill?"

"I'm talking about the Torso Killer, the police knew who the killer wuz; personally I wuzn't concerned, having moved on. But I found it interesting that despite the case they built against him, and I mean, Dr. Frank E. Sweeney; the police abandoned him as a suspect because he wuz out of town at a veteran's hospital in Sandusky when a couple of the victims wuz discovered. But bear in mind, the authorities were never sure just when a victim wuz actually murdered. Sandusky isn't that far from Cleveland, so the more remarkable thinkers among law enforcement kept him in mind."

Bill began to laugh.

"What's got your funny bone, Bill?' I asked.

"Let's look at Sweeny as a legitimate suspect for a second. He spent most of his life in the Kingsbury Run area. He knew the savage ravine from boyhood explorations. He wuz a big, strong man; powerful enough to carry Edward Andrassy and his unidentified companion down the steep embankment of Jackass Hill in Kingsbury Run. Clearly he had the medical expertise to perform decapitations and dismemberments. And finally, Sweeney's alleged bisexuality could explain why the Killer chose men and women as his victims.

"But law enforcement, much like a horse pulling a wagon, wears blinders. They wuz convinced most serial sex crimes wuz directed at one sex or the other.

"I want to give Ness some credit here; he wuz above the rest of 'em in his thinking. But just when he thought they had him dead to rights, Sweeny's cousin, the Honorable U. S. Congressman Martin L. Sweeney, who also happened to head Cleveland's political machine, let loose and skewered Ness and his principal supporter, Mayor Burton. The latter, with election only months away backed off, leaving Ness hanging, as it were.

"I can tell you this, Sweeny wanted to be caught because he wuz mentally unstable. In Mid-March of 1938, a dog found the severed leg of a man in Sandusky, Ohio. If you recall, Sweeney's being at the veteran's hospital in Sandusky and not in Cleveland had provided him with what wuz thought to be an iron-clad alibi. Suddenly, the authorities wanted to know more about Sweeny's stay's at the hospital. They learned that the hospital wuzn't a prison; that security wuz non-existent and patients could come and go as they pleased. Digging deeper, they found one Alex Archaki, a convicted burglar serving out his sentence on the prison honor farm. Archaki had developed a relationship with Sweeney and kept him supplied with booze while the good doctor wrote drug prescriptions for Archaki.

"As the law probed, Archaki told them that he noticed that Sweeney's unexplained absences from the hospital coincided with the estimated times of death for several victims. On this, Archaki was positive. Whenever Sweeney was missing for a day or so, a fresh body in Cleveland would turn up shortly after his return to the hospital in Sandusky."

"I know I'm running on, Roy, but bear with me a little longer. I'm taking longer than usual to get to the point, and I suspect you know where I'm going..."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.