Storytellers
Chapter 21: Meandering to New Orleans & Hollywood

Copyright© 2012 by Paris Waterman

Time Travel Sci-Fi Sex Story: Chapter 21: Meandering to New Orleans & Hollywood - Its 1947, war veteran, Roy Shannon encounters an Alien in New Mexico. As a reward for helping him escape the alien provides Roy with what he calls the story of a lifetime.It takes us back to the origins of baseball; introduces a man who can merge with whomever he pleases; and along the way becomes the most terrifying serial killer in history.

Caution: This Time Travel Sci-Fi Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Time Travel   Historical   Incest   Sister   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Pregnancy   Caution   Violence   Prostitution  

"Oh, they're sure wuz a series of murders about then," Bill said and produced a ghastly grin for my benefit. "Police never even had a legitimate suspect either."

I swallowed and carefully formulated my next words. "Would you care to elaborate on them, Bill?"

"Hmmm," he said as if thinking about how much he could reveal to me. And then he seemed to reach a decision although he paused to light a cigar, and after blowing a stream of smoke into the air, he continued.

"Wuz in May of 1918, as I recollect; In New Orleans, two Italians, a man and a woman wuz butchered during the night in their apartment. The murder weapon, an axe, was found in the apartment, still coated with the couple's blood. Nothing in the house had been stolen,

The police quickly arrested several suspects, but lacked sufficient evidence to hold them. Actually the suspects all had iron-clad alibis. They had to let them go. I've found the police will arrest and convict anyone just to close their cases. They don't give a shit as to anyone's innocence. They want to move on to the next case. I think they figure the suspect's guilty of something anyway."

"Were you responsible for the murders?" I asked quietly.

"Me?" Bill said feigning innocence, "No, not me. But if you change the me to a we, then yeah, 'we' done the Schneider's and more. I told you how sometimes I merge with a certain type and shit happens, like that time in London. Well, this wuz one of them times.

"The cops discovered three murders and a number of attacks against Italian grocers took place in 1911. The murders bore a striking resemblance to the one that night in that an axe had been used in each, and access to each home had been gained through a panel in the rear door. These earlier crimes had been thought to be a vendetta of terror organized by the Mafia, and probably were. The police and the Italian residents of the French Quarter braced themselves for the worst."

"Obviously there were more murders. Am I right Bill?"

He nodded and blew a cloud of cigar smoke at me. "Might'a been a month later another grocer and his common-law wife wuz found by a neighbor. This time, we fucked up. We wuz so excited we pissed ourselves. We also missed hitting the right places with the fucking axe. He wuz badly injured, she less so, and both survived.

"It wuz the damnedest thing though, when she came around she said the assailant wuz young and very dark, which wuz true. Then for some reason, maybe the cops had something to do with it, I don't know, never bothered to find out, but she changed her story and accused her husband, or common-law husband. No one believed her after that. What was his name? I can't recall ... anyway, the question wuz how could he chop her with an axe and then fracture his own skull with the axe. Another unsolved case for the stalwart New Orleans Police Department.

"For some reason you stayed with this guy. Why was that, Bill?"

"I'm not sure. Maybe I wanted to get caught, see what that wuz like. I mean, I could'a switched off with any one of the cops or jailers. It wuzn't like I wuz gonna wait around until they hung me. I sure as hell didn't like the stupid son-of-a-bitch. Then too, I might'a had a kind of bloodlust in me. It takes time to find the right person to partner up with for murdering folks, you know."

"So who came next?"

"Hmmm, well I left Joey for a while ... come to think of it, it wuz August before I hooked up with Joey again. In the meantime, New Orleans wuz going bonkers; well the rest of the country wuzn't any better, what with the fucking flu killing off so many others. Anyway, people went about with loaded shotguns and waited for news of the latest "Ax Man sightings, one of which wuz us. Joey panicked and ran off. Left the fucking axe behind along with the chisel we used to hack away at the back door. It wuz a thick fucker, and we made a lot of noise. I guess one of the patrols heard us and come running, so Joey dropped everything and took off."

"I have to ask, Bill."

"Go ahead, I ain't hiding nothing."

"You lay the blame for the noise and running away on this Joey. Weren't you partners in this?"

"Yeah, we wuz partners. But there's no stopping a man about to shit himself from fear. He did, you know, the stupid fuck."

"So you have only so much control over a person when you merge with them, is that right?"

"It depends on the other person. The one's I committed murder with wuz different than most of the others. There wuz a part of each of us connected like an electric wire. We made a sizzle that didn't happen ordinarily, see? The thing wuz, sometimes one of us had more need to kill than the other. With Jack the Ripper, it wuz Tumblety had more of a lust for blood than me, but I wuz up for it as much as he. He'd killed before, back in the States. He'd also had practice in cutting."

"Yes, the police suspected the killer had medical training," I said.

"Anyway, a week or so later, we tried again. Only this time the guy heard us chiseling his door open and we thought he had a gun and ran off. Yeah, I ran that time. I wuz as scared as Joey. If he got shot dead, I wuz dead along with him, remember that. [1] We still had our nerve though and tried another house, only we wuz foiled by a case of tomatoes resting against the inside panel of the fucking door that made such a racket when it fell over that we knew anyone inside wuz sure to be awake and waiting for us. It wuz a bad night for murder."

I made of point of remembering that little tidbit. It was the first chink in what I was beginning to believe impenetrable armor.

"So I got the fuck outta Dodge, as they say, went off to the west coast and Hollywood. It wuzn't only the close calls I had with Joey, the epidemic hit New Orleans about that same time. I mentioned earlier that the second wave of flu wuz even worse, hell, it wuz ten times worse than the first round.

Funny thing though, by the time I reached Hollywood ... Mmmm, around mid-November, the flu had all but died out. But it wuz fearsome while it lasted. In my home town, Philadelphia, almost 4600 perished from the damn epidemic in one week in August. No one knows for certain what happened. Some doctors I've visited believed that there is a tendency for pathogenic viruses to become less lethal with time. This is a common occurrence with influenza viruses. Who the fuck knows? I can tell you the medical profession wuz quick to put the whole mess behind them and move on to more treatable problems."

"Now I'm going to get up on my platform for a minute, Roy. During this period and I speak of the turn of the century, the common laborer worked twelve to fourteen hours a day, six days a week. There had been several bitter and violent strikes for better wages and overall working conditions. As usual, management prevailed. But what no one had foreseen, at least as far as I can tell, wuz the impact of the motion picture.

"Picnics, sports church and family outings wuz the main activities folks used for their recreation on Sundays, their only day off from work. Local Blue Laws kept many from other types of commercial amusements on that one day. At the same time there wuz a greater reliance on machinery, and it's capability in increasing production. Work became more tedious and unsatisfying for the average worker.

"I know I sound like one of them communists you hear in the park every weekend, but I'm talking about the things going on here in the good old U. S. of A. I better get to the point, real wages for non-farmers rose about 35% between 1890 and 1920.

"The working hours also dropped off, providing the factory work some leisure time. People used this, or portions of it to go to the movies in droves. Movies created exhilarating spaces where people could indulge their fantasies. Several future movie moguls saw the possibilities in the nickelodeon business: men like Adolph Zukor and Marcus Loew (both furriers) and William Fox and Harry Warner (clothiers). When asked why he switched business careers, Warner said, "I looked across the street and saw the nickels rolling in." [2]

"The motion picture concept spread across the country like an unabated wildfire. Empty store fronts blossomed into theatres and the demand for more, more, and still more, kept climbing. In time, the length of the movie increased, and with it the plots became more intricate, and soon the movies were not only entertaining people, but educating them as well. And the world will never be the same."

"I didn't think you felt that strongly about the subject, Bill."

"I certainly do, for I happened to have a hand in it, although I'm not mentioned anywhere in Hollywood's history."

"I can understand that, Bill. After all, you um, merged with various people, became part of them. In doing so, you either added to their abilities or in some cases, I'd have to say, helped make them worse."

Bill gave me a piecing look, and then smiled. "I'd have to say you hit the nail on the head there, Roy. That's exactly the way I'd put it."

"But to get back on track, Bill. You were telling me about the axe man of New Orleans before jumping to Hollywood's historical importance."

"Yes, of course ... but I didn't return to New Orleans until, let me think ... March of the following year. Well all right, I'll finish with the axe man before talking about Hollywood, and of course the Black Sox."

"Tell it any way you want to Bill, I can edit the material when writing everything later."

"It took me four days to locate Joey. He wuz in bad shape mentally. I whipped him into shape for what I needed from him in a day, and then we committed our worst murder yet. What people may have suspected wuz that we selected our victims at random. We did. In fact, random selection makes it extremely difficult for the police to figure out who committed the crime. They always look hard at the husband or wife as the case may be. Or a relative, or who gets any money out of one's demise.

So we found this place in Gretna, just across the river from New Orleans. I'll admit I made a mistake in using Joey again. He wuz all but useless most of the time, and that night proved me right. We wound up fighting with a man named Cortimiglia. He almost got the best of us."

Bill looked at me and grinned, "Didn't expect me to say that, did you? That fuckin' near moron, Joey woke him up, wanting to see his expression before bringing the axe down on his head. Only Cortimiglia, a fairly big man, rolled away and Joey missed him. Next thing I knew we wuz struggling with Cortimiglia, who of course, wuz fighting for his life, along with that of his wife and child. If it had been just Joey, Cortimiglia would have made it. But I wuz there too, and we managed to knock Cortimiglia down and then hit him a good one with the solid end of the axe. After that I hacked him up pretty good. Too my surprise, Mrs. Cortimiglia hadn't used the fight to flee with her two-year old daughter. She appeared frozen in place and when we turned to her she began begging us for mercy.

"Mercy is a commodity, I have very little of," Bill said in as cold a voice as I've ever heard, "Especially when I'm merged with a personality like Joey's. The woman remained conscious after the first two blows of the axe, begging, not for her own life, which was rapidly ebbing, but for the child's. The child was dead after the first blow, I made sure of that, but ironically the wife survived, although she was never what you'd call right in the head after that."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.