The Problems With Love - Cover

The Problems With Love

Copyright© 2012 by Kaffir

Chapter 11

As soon as the front door closed behind them they fell into each others arms. Lottë clung to him like a limpet.

"Oh Uncle Rob, I never thought you would ... would..."

"Nor did I, my Lottë. Last night ... I was still all over the place. It was madness for us to be husband and wife and yet I knew that if you ever left me I'd be miserable but I thought I'd get over that. And then when you said goodbye and left me at the bus stop this morning it hit me. I ... I realised that I couldn't say goodbye to you and only ever see you at Henry and Matty's. I needed you to be with me and would never get over the loss. Does that make any sense?"

She nodded against his chest. "Mm. Same here."

"Lottë, I've always loved you but as my little girl, my niece, not that you ever were strictly that of course, and then you grew to be a beautiful woman but then I still sort of saw you as my little niece."

She nodded again. "Me too but the other way round. I had no designs on you when I first moved in. You were another safe father figure but then I got to know you better, saw why my father loved you, 'cos he does, and," she smiled up at him, "b'boom!"

"No sexual attraction?" This was not said accusingly.

"No, other than that I was drawn to you and wanted you to hug me and sit on the sofa with your arm round my shoulders. I mean I love doing it with Daddy but somehow it felt even better with you."

He kissed her nose. "And I do it with Daphne but, coming to think about it, I prefer doing it with you."

Her arms tightened round him.

"What are we going to do now?" she asked.

"Well, you're the person who said we should take the rest of the day off," he teased.

"I just wanted to be with you."

He nodded, a slight smile on his lips. "So?"

"Coffee?"

"Sounds good."

He released her and followed her to the kitchen. She put the kettle on, pulled the cafetiere towards her and collected the coffee from the freezer. She glanced at him almost shyly and turned back to the work surface waiting for the kettle to boil. Robin moved in behind her and gently took her in his arms loosely clasping his hands over her tummy. Hers covered them. She looked over her shoulder.

"Nice."

"Very."

Her smile was brilliant.

He kissed her temple. She turned her head further.

"Lips," she murmured.

The movement caused them to press closer and he felt arousal. Anxious, determined not to upset her he pulled his hips back.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"I didn't want to upset you."

"Why would you?"

"I started to get excited."

She turned in his arms. "I'm going to have to get used to that, aren't I?"

He nodded. "But I don't want to rush you, my love."

"Oh, Uncle Robin..." She laid her head against his chest. "You are a darling, sweet, special man."

The kettle boiled and he released her. She made the coffee and then smiled mischievously.

"Four minutes. What are we going to do while we wait?"

He held his arms wide and she came back to lean against him. His arms closed round her. She looked up.

"You smell nice."

"Well, I did have a shower this morning."

"Daddy smells nice too but I like yours better."

"Lucky me."

Her arms tightened around him.

"Your smell makes me want to kiss you."

She pulled his head down and did so. Robin took a risk and gently ran his tongue across the parting of her lips.

Her head came up. "You licked my lips."

"Mm Hmm!"

"I rather liked it. Will you do it again?"

"Willingly."

He did and her tongue came out and tentatively returned the compliment. She pulled her head back.

"I really liked that. Did you?"

"Yes, my sweet. Very much."

Her head went back against his chest and her hold tightened once more.

"I think the four minutes may be up," he murmured.

"Five won't hurt." She continued to cling to him but then let him go.

She said nothing as she got out the mugs and poured their coffee. She handed him his and pulled him through to the sitting room. They both put their mugs carefully down on the table in front of the sofa before sitting down. Lottë snuggled up against him for a short while and then leant forward to pick up her mug. Robin did the same. They both took a sip. Lottë put her mug down again.

"Um, Uncle Robin, um, when you kissed me like that, you know ... with your tongue, I felt all tingly."

"Good."

"Um ... Uncle Robin ... um ... are we going to make love?"

"We are doing, sweetheart."

Her eyes widened.

"When we finally have intercourse that will be the culmination. We've got a long way to go before we get there."

"Mum said you'd be gentle and slow and you are. I'd no idea you'd started."

"And we've got all the time in the world, my Lot."

"My Lot?" It was slightly indignant.

"My destiny, my fortune."

"Oh, Uncle Robin!"

She flung herself at him and he enveloped her as she sobbed her heart out. He held her happily as she soaked his shirt. After a while she pushed herself away, fished out a tissue and mopped her face. She took a sip of her coffee.

"I'm sorry to blub, Uncle Robin. It's just that I'm so happy and feeling very emotional."

"That makes two of us."

She smiled gratefully. "The coffee's still drinkable ... just."

Robin drank some of his.

"What are we going to do for the rest of the day?"

"Go for a walk."

"What?" In astonishment. "Where?"

"First to find a nice but not too filling lunch and then on to Hatton Gardens to find you a ring."

Lottë's smile was almost incandescent. "Yes please! Yes please!"

"And this evening we need to ring our families."

"You're not looking forward to that."

"Yes and no. I'm not too worried about Christopher and Daphne but Bea's going to be the difficult one. I'm going to have to tell her I want a divorce so that I can marry you."

"Is it going to be that difficult?"

"No probably not now she's got her boyfriend."

"I wonder how serious that is."

Robin shrugged. "No idea. It wasn't my business. It still isn't really but if there is something developing there it'll make things a lot easier."

"I hope so. What about your parents?"

"Oof! I hadn't really thought about them." He smiled lopsidedly. "They'll probably be shocked but they'll still support us. My father will probably be secretly jealous: his middle-aged son marrying a 'bright young thing'. Actually that phrase went out years ago but he's seventy-two now so he probably still uses it." He grinned. "I doubt he'll think of you as a 'dolly bird'."

Lottë smacked his face gently. "I hope you don't, you old cradle snatcher."

They both laughed.

They walked back to the City and went to a pub that Robin had used on a number of occasions. Although they walked hand in hand he was pleased that Lottë seemed to be over her clinginess and had reverted to the cheerful, chatty and fun girl she normally was, even once or twice giving a skip of sheer joy.

Robin led her to the jewellers from whom he had bought Bea's engagement ring. It seemed that Lottë was awed by the variety and beauty of the collection. She hardly said a word as she tried a number of them on, gazed at them, shook her head and tried another one. Robin noticed that she soon gave up the gem stones in diamond clusters and was going for simpler diamond rings. She finally chose one that was beautiful in its simplicity and the brightness of its diamonds. It also fitted her finger and needed no adjustment.

"Is it all right?" she asked Robin anxiously.

"Perfect," he smiled at her. "In fact, exquisite like its owner."

Lottë blushed at him for saying such things in front of strangers and pulled a face at him. His smile broadened.

"You wait!" she hissed.

The assistant left the room to get a box for it and also to collect a card machine. Robin took the ring. He did not kneel knowing that it would embarrass her.

Very simply and very quietly he asked her, "Lottë, my love, will you marry me?"

She bit her lip and nodded. He slipped the ring on her finger. She looked down at it for several seconds and then looked up at him her eyes sparkling with tears.

"Th-thank you, my darling Uncle Robin," she whispered.

He kissed her hand never looking away. "No, my darling, thank you for taking the initiative."

Lottë half recovered. She sniffed and blinked rapidly a few times. "Someone had to kick your bottom."

He smiled tenderly. "Yes they did."

They walked home and had tea including what was left of Robin's birthday cake. Lottë insisted on them having it in the kitchen.

"If we get back on that sofa again... ," she grinned.

"Spoilsport!"

"Yup"

They did move to the sofa later with the telephone but still had to have a snuggle first. Robin went a little further this time and when her tongue touched his lips he licked it. Lottë froze and then her tongue tentatively returned the gesture. He probed a bit further and Lottë responded. They fenced gently and then he pulled back. Lottë's face was flushed.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.