They Try Again - Cover

They Try Again

Copyright© 2012 by Lapi

Chapter 8

Hopefully things would go as planned, there was much to do yet, but was 1 thing necessary to complete before the wedding. He was tired, bloodied and had not slept in more than two days. He had worried about Nadia and had used his finest personal guard in Viet Nam, even in daylight, many old friends had been lost and he blamed himself for the losses. He would offer to apologize for these mistakes.

The Dark Lord at his home base. He had been raised to know good and bad, punishment and justice and fear and compassion. His Ninja loved and respected him; they had pledged to die for him. He too had loved and trusted them with all he possessed, now soon his most precious family. It was this though, which had caused him to waste the lives of too many of his finest Ninja in the capture at Saigon. Now he must offer his apology. Although to many, especially a soldier, 50 lives would not seem such a large number when compared to the thousands they had killed; but these were Ninja that knew and trusted him and even his father before him. He felt he had failed them.

He held a ceremony for his fallen friends, assembled were, wives, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers of those slain. After the ceremony he asked them all to approach one by one to where he was kneeling. As they approached in a single file he gave each a small wooden box bowed to them and asked each a question. It was always the same, "I ask your forgiveness, since I have still a duty to perform, when a son is born, I will end my life if you wish it? You loss is my loss, my life is yours in exchange!" In every single case, the words he heard were the same. "Master, it was his duty and you have given him and us great honour in allowing him to serve you. Live."

Inside each box was a silk lining upon which rested an ear and a note saying this was a traitor slain for a just cause. Below the ear a folded paper with a banking account number and a password. It was later learned that each account held $10 millions. The Dark Lord flew on to meet Nadia and the new family. He both loved and hated this moment, fearing the reaction he might receive but knowing that Nadia must know everything, both before and after the wedding. He tried to sleep during the short flight, Sakura covered him and wiped away a tear he had shed. Now to tell Nadia what he had found out.

In a Resort in the mountains of Switzerland "Has everything been completed?" An aide said, "One last thing, and it will all be finished tonight."

"Make certain it is all taken care of, I have to get a toaster before I go to a wedding. A joke Sven, only a joke."

In Japan Near Tokyo The Dark Lord lands, Ninja guards escort him to pay respect to the Emperor and he is taken to where Nadia and the family are. Nadia runs up to him, throws her arms around him and starts to cry. "What, I just got here and already you are sad to see me?" Nadia hits him, "I am so happy you are alive, why did you have to go fight?" "The same reason you had to lead a fleet, no one else wanted to go!" They laughed, hugged and kissed. After greetings were exchanged with the family, well wished to everyone, The Dark Lord asked for some time with Nadia, alone. Miko looked at Sakura, never had she seen her brother in such a state, although he was well dresses in fine silk his face was like that of a ghost. They all left, Nadia and the Dark Lord were alone.

He began his long speech. "Nadia words cannot express my feeling when I see you here. I have been so worried as to your safety; if there had been another way I would have changed things. The people we have done this for are very rich and very powerful, far more so than Boris, the Baron and myself combined.

We have not done the impossible for just money, everyone was given more than money, each got things done or information that was unobtainable at any price. Before you choose me again as your husband I must ask you something and tell you both good and bad news."

He took both of Nadia's hands in his. "What is it my love? Nadia asked." He continued, "Nadia, what should be done to anyone who would try hurt or harm any of the Family? And what if that person was also a traitor?" He paused. "Is the answer the same even if that traitor was one of the Family? Would the answer be the same if it was me, or Boris or Katya?" Nadia fell back. "My love, this cannot be, no one of our family would, no could even think of such a thing!" "Nadia this is true, Rob has paid large sums to people to kill Frankie and Boris. His love has turned to hate and the life he leads now is be-fouled with drugs and his lust for revenge. Within the hour, unless you say no, or do not believe what I am telling you, Rob will be no more. This was not a thing any else need know."

He sat back, "I have but to make a call and it will be called off, but realize even I cannot keep Rob from trying to kill them any other way." Nadia shook her head, "My love, I had tried to help Rob start a new life, we have not heard from him for a very long time and the fact that he is not with us lends what you say as the truth. My love I was always trust and honour you, I will never doubt you, if placing my life in your hands is not enough, no words can say more. Let it be so."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.